NEurope
Cube

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

30 Seconds To Mars - Edge Of The Earth

The track that was playing during the first race. This game's awesome :D

Been playing two events and I have to say: the audio-visual presentation is incredible.

Edited by drahkon

If you say so...

I like them.

Looking forward to future races. Read they will become more and more difficult.

I absolutely love taking pictures in this. Here's a perfect run through a road block.

70631340.jpg

87189056.jpg

So is this different enough from the old Need for Speed titles to make it a worthwhile punt? The Autolog feature is certainly something that has me very interested.

I played parts of the older NfS titles, like Underground/Carbon/etc., but never really liked the whole street racing aspect of those (or the cop chases there as they just felt flat to me) and if I'm honest, I didn't really care for the car customisation stuff either. I did, and still do, really enjoy the Burnout games as I see them as different enough to keep me entertained so that's why I'm asking.

It's only £4.99 at HMV if you trade in Black Ops, so I am considering it.

So is this different enough from the old Need for Speed titles to make it a worthwhile punt?

I can't say how different it is to Need for Speed (the series has never, ever interested me before), but if you enjoy Burnout (especially Burnout 3) then you should enjoy this.

Well hearing about all this social stuff has made me very interested because it reminded me of how well Burnout did such things. So much so I planted Burnout Paradise back in my PS3 and am working towards completing it for the second time to get the trophies (something I started but stopped along the way) so beaten that again up to is it Platinum license so still gotta do every event again to get that. Still think it is one of the best games this generation out of any genre. So perfect and so much to it. Got just 4 crash gates left to find, few bits in Big Surf Island and a couple of the bike races I love it.

Also decided to put some more time into Shift and think will try and complete this before I get Hot Pursuit which I'm hoping is like Burnout Paradise and has long legs.

Just had a really epic crash:

29186687.jpg

37782074.jpg

21200309.jpg

Edit: You know, this is probably the best-looking racing game there is.

Edited by Cube

Just had a really epic crash:

29186687.jpg

37782074.jpg

21200309.jpg

Edit: You know, this is probably the best-looking racing game there is.

wow those pics look incredible...

This game is fucking intense.It's SO good. It really is like a bleeding edge sequel to the classic Burnout games and the Hot Pursuit multiplayer is genius- it's like asymmetrical death match at 200mph. Yes.

This game is fucking intense.It's SO good. It really is like a bleeding edge sequel to the classic Burnout games and the Hot Pursuit multiplayer is genius- it's like asymmetrical death match at 200mph. Yes.

You just sold it to me

Is Platinum hard on this?

You'll need to get a gold on every event. While passing each event isn't that hard, getting gold is really hard on some events.

I've got to admit, I havent ever been interested in a NFS game until i just read what you said about it being like the 'classic burnout' games...

I LOVED Burnout 1 and 2 but hated the 'revenge' and 'takedown' games, should I give this a go?

funny you should say that actually- the pure racing is more 1&2, though the handling is a much weightier, hefty affair than Burnout ever was, but the multiplayer is quite similar to Burnout 3. It has such a good vibe though and it's easily the best arcade racer this gen. It's fantastic.

funny you should say that actually- the pure racing is more 1&2, though the handling is a much weightier, hefty affair than Burnout ever was, but the multiplayer is quite similar to Burnout 3. It has such a good vibe though and it's easily the best arcade racer this gen. It's fantastic.

That's all I care about. You should work for them, you've just sold it to me!

Aye that first F1 event is really something. Took me untill then to nail the drifting mechanics but once i did- wow.