NEurope
Cube

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Have you checked out the reviews for this? Sound like Criterion have nailed it again!

IGN

Gametrailers

ah that's not too bad. Should be able to pick it up for the weekend after work then :)

I'm definitely getting up on this- I loved Paradise pretty hard so Criterion just get a free pass from me. Really looking forward to the multiplayer too.

I'm definitely getting up on this- I loved Paradise pretty hard so Criterion just get a free pass from me. Really looking forward to the multiplayer too.

"Pretty hard" as in "All 500 challenges" hard?

Why do they think that split-screen multiplayer isn't needed? It still annoys me that Burnout Paradise didn't have it...

I think I'll pass...

Burnout Paradise was alot of fun. Quite addictive. Infact I redid the game twice to 100% for trophies :p This was before all the updates etc.

Shame about split screen. I am guessing its a huge time sink to optimise. NFS games have very quick development time. Burnout Paradise was also 60 fps which again required a ton of optimisation but was also open world.

"Pretty hard" as in "All 500 challenges" hard?

na not that hard I don't think. I definitely did most of them, and I got all the billboards.

Hmmm just checked my emails and this was despatched today! Fingers crossed I might be playing this tomorrow! :bouncy:

While i am excited and looking forward to this game (the first time i've anticipated a NFS Game in a while), I still crave a switch back to the street racing scene.

Hater's gunna hate I know.... but I really enjoyed Underground and Underground 2.

From that point every NFS game after that I played I enjoyed less and less as they shifted momentum from Street Racing in the night to more track based racing.

With Hot Pursuit I'm glad to see NFS series drop from the track based / ultimate driving sim game that it's been trying to be on a few occasions and back the fun that was Hot Pursuit. Clearly Criterion have made a major stamp on the franchise now as from the demo, from the look of it... it just screams Burnout (well to me anyways)

And now that the NFS series has taken this step back to one of the best in the series (the old hot pursuit and hot pursuit 2 was hell-a-fun!) I'm hoping that next year they may consider to revist the underground, street racing, 'rude boy' if you will car modding games.

judging by the fact that recently Shift 2 was announced and again looks like a track based game, i guess my wants are miles away from ever happening.

Just me that liked Underground 1 & 2 more then any other NFS game since then? anyone else like to see a NFS Underground 3?

I loved 1 and 2, Especially 2, I still don't why they got so slated, handling was perfect and you could mod your car to however cool you wanted :)

That's what I really enjoyed about it, the modding was brilliant to it.

even into the details of sound systems, Neon lighting, body kits, roof scoops, bonnet vents.

I used to spend hours prettying the car up with Vinyl's and Pearlecent paints. Many good hours spent on them games.

This arrived this morning. Played a couple of hours of it and it's stunning. Gorgeous graphics, lovely responsive contrrols and autolog is a stroke of genius.

Miles better than the demo - and I can see this getting ultra competitive by trying to beat peoples times on autolog.

It's a strong recommend from me! :bouncy:

Been playing this on and off for a while now, seems pretty fun if you enjoy these kind of games.

Well have given the online a go today and it's very impressive. The Cops and Racers games are cool and you can also just have a race. One thing I didn't enjoy in Burnout Paradise was the racing as you were constantly referring to the map. Need for Speed has has a more linear race with the odd shortcut thrown in. It's a very rewarding experience and there is nothing more satisfying than powersliding into a corner, skidding round it and boosting out of it.

I just think it's a shame that hardly anybody on here has bought it - (probably due to Gran Tursimo coming out on Wednesday) but if you are after an arcade racer then I can't recommend this enough - this game will make your eyes bleed!

Graphically this game continues to impress me and you can take screenshots at any time (thanks neogaf for some awesome in game snaps!)

tK4TR.jpg

npkh9d.jpg

G1B5k.jpg

pic.jpg

34nfzq1.jpg

x5ciyt.jpg

pic.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

So how are ppl finding this then?

How does it compare to say Burnout Paradise?

It's surprisingly very different to Paradise. It's more like a sequel to Burnout 3.

I'm working through the single-player at the moment and it's quite varied. A different car selection, plenty of different event and how it gives you different amount of weapons is great - you can also choose between a cop event or racer event from the same screen.

The AI, while it has a few small niggles, is great (unlike Paradise, where it may as well not have been there) - the AI changes quite a lot based on events, for starters no AI was using shortcuts (like Burnout), then they suddenly started using them.

Some of the Interceptor events (you as one cop vs one racer) have unique AI - I've just played one where the racer had EMPs (which lock on to a target in front of you). I thought that it would be easy, just bash him from behind. We were on a straight, going at high speeds when the racer suddenly swerved to the left and put the breaks on, so I went flying past before I could stop and he hit me with an EMP.

It's surprisingly very different to Paradise. It's more like a sequel to Burnout 3.

I'm working through the single-player at the moment and it's quite varied. A different car selection, plenty of different event and how it gives you different amount of weapons is great - you can also choose between a cop event or racer event from the same screen.

The AI, while it has a few small niggles, is great (unlike Paradise, where it may as well not have been there) - the AI changes quite a lot based on events, for starters no AI was using shortcuts (like Burnout), then they suddenly started using them.

Some of the Interceptor events (you as one cop vs one racer) have unique AI - I've just played one where the racer had EMPs (which lock on to a target in front of you). I thought that it would be easy, just bash him from behind. We were on a straight, going at high speeds when the racer suddenly swerved to the left and put the breaks on, so I went flying past before I could stop and he hit me with an EMP.

Confirmed: Buying this tomorrow.