NEurope
Cube

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Played it the show was alright. Do not go in expecting Burnout though. I was really good at the online :grin:

The routes in HP are really long highways, they make the long routes in Burnout seem short. Although the scenery is less varied and high/motorway based. I found it really simple to drive as the handling is simple and the rads are very wide. I gained over 30 seconds compared to the next closest guy... Crashed only once. Ran at 30 fps but steady (this is good for NFS :p ). Car models are nicer than other NFS games. NFS HP fans will like this game.

Bear in mind NFS HP 2 came out just before Underground. Underground was when the franchise hit COD levels of popularity. Its been a while since a hot pursuit.

I feel like I'm missing something with this game.

Yes it looks absolutely gorgeous, but the gameplay seems so shallow to me!?

It looks to essentially be driving pretty much straight for a long time, whilst playing tag against another car, and that's it?!

I feel like I'm missing something with this game.

Yes it looks absolutely gorgeous, but the gameplay seems so shallow to me!?

It looks to essentially be driving pretty much straight for a long time, whilst playing tag against another car, and that's it?!

Nah its fine. You have a team trying to escape and a team trying to catch them. As Police you can helicopters , emp, roadblock and boost to catch or take out the other team. The team escaping has similar abilities but uses them to get away. During all this you race along scenic motorway type scenery. Shortcuts can be very long too.

There are other things to do. It seems like it has that seamless online system like Burnout Paradise. So you will definitely be occupied with challenges and time trials! I hope we can lounge around like Burnout :p

Autlog looks hmmmmm - interesting!

Well since GT5 is delayed until god knows when this is a day one purchase for me.

Demo is out tomorrow on 360 and Wednesday on PS3. Oddly, it's only available until the 9th of November.

Demo's out. It's pretty good, arcadey but you feel like you're driving something with weight behind it - reminds me of the original Burnout, when crashing super-saloons into each other actually had more kick then a pair of colliding kites.

Just tried the demo on PS3- it's gorgeous and welll worth a download. I've got the game preordered and am really looking forward to it.

Glad to hear the demo is good...Didn't expect any less...reminds me though need to finish off Burnout Paradise again for trophies!

All I can say from the demo is: how is it not 60fps?!

Look at the graphical improvements from Burnout Paradise. That is why it's not 60fps.

Which is a shame as 60fps was always Criterion's policy.

All I can say from the demo is: how is it not 60fps?!

What do you expect? EA own Criterion nowadays. The fact that it looks like they had enough time to get the game to run at 30fps is good news. So what if it does not look much better than Burnout. I would be more worried about the actual game if I were you.

Is it even possible to notice a difference between 30 and 60 using human eyes. My guess is no, so stop moaning.

Is it even possible to notice a difference between 30 and 60 using human eyes. My guess is no, so stop moaning.

It depends on how fast the gameplay is. In any case you notice if a framerate is unsteady. If a game manages to keep a low framerate very constant it appears more fluid than a game at a higher framerate that fluctuates.

Fluidity is very noticeable in racing games. One if the reasons games like wipeout and burnout are great feeling.

Quite like the demo for this. May have to get it.

Luckily a friend has the demo too so I can play the racers bit. I think I prefer the racers to the cops, although both are fun.

That demo was awesome!

Really really looking forward to this game. Love the fact that Criterion are behind it,

as mentioned above by other poster's it really does feel like a Burnout game, which is by no means a bad thing. Love the arcadey style to it over the past iterations of the game, especially shift.

Yeah seems cool. Raped by Goafers lap time though.

Did having me on your friends list open up the racers race? It should have.

I wasn't that impressed tbh. Then again, I had Burnout Paradise for three months before I actually started playing it like a maniac so I'm not judging.

Did having me on your friends list open up the racers race? It should have.

It did, havn't done it yet though.