NEurope
Ashley

[E3 2010] New Design Xbox 360 - 16th July - £200

This is insane.

I will maybe buy one when my one (which does everything the same) breaks.

Maybe not even then.

I bought one of these from Currys. Quieter is about all I can say about it at the moment :heh: Managed to really easily transfer all my stuff over using an external HDD.

Chart-tracks -

Microsoft’s new and improved, slimmer XBox 360 console, the XBox 360 250GB (or XBox 360 S) achieves the biggest launch in the UK for a “revised” home console, surpassing the launches of both PS2 Slim and PS3 Slim and recording over two days around the same as the original Xbox 360's launch sales total back in week 48 2005.

This is even more impressive when you take into account that the original Xbox 360 was launched across two versions (Pro and Core).

A great week for Microsoft is ensured with the format holder’s XB360 exclusive title ‘Crackdown 2’ holding on to top spot in the All Formats Chart for a second week. A 36% drop in sales is not enough for it to be caught by Ubisoft’s ‘Dance on Broadway’ (-9%), which climbs 2 places to No2, only around 800 units behind ‘Crackdown 2’. Lego Harry Potter’s spell on the charts is slowly wearing off as it drops one place to No3 (-31%), while another previous No1, ‘Red Dead Redemption’ (-19%) also slips one place, down to No4.

There is only one new entry this week, Disney’s ‘Toy Story 3’, new at No5, while the rest of the All Formats Top 10 all make way by each falling one place. Microsoft also benefit from retailer price promotions and bundling on ‘Alan Wake’ (+98%) that helps shoot it back up the Charts from No23 to No11. Another retailer promoted title, ‘Bioshock 2’ (+97%) enjoys a similar jump, up from No24 to No12.

A Question:

Would you recommend me trading in my elite (jasper chipset) for a 'slim' at hmv? Bearing in mind I can't connect with a cable so if I keep the elite I'll have to buy a wireless adapter, and that my 120gb hdd is almost full :/

I went into hmv today to do this but they had sold out (which I'll be honest, I was quite surprised about, but w'eva) but now I have more thinking tome so I wanted to open it up to the forum!

^ Do eeeeeeeeeeeeeet Nowwwwwwwwww!*

*or y'know... whenever they get them back in stock. >>

Saw a new xbox yesterday - friend has one. I can't say I like the look of it, still a bulky thing, the only difference he can tell me is the quietness and wifi.

Maybe I was expecting too much! Hmm.

The size difference is significant tbh. I can now fit my Wii next to my 360, and the power brick is less than half the size. However it's still the same console, you shouldn't expect anything revolutionary.

The size difference is significant tbh. I can now fit my Wii next to my 360, and the power brick is less than half the size. However it's still the same console, you shouldn't expect anything revolutionary.

So you can now fit the power brick in a bungalow?

It didn't seem it when I saw my friends, but then I didn't put the old and new next to each other.

I wasn't hoping revolutionary just something more..hmm.

Shame that there's still a power adapter... I thought they may have got rid of that like Sony did with the Slim.

The new 4GB model has a matte finish, gutted I got the premium now...

The new 4GB model has a matte finish, gutted I got the premium now...

Dont worry mate just give me your new xbox and youll be free to get a matte one in November :)