NEurope
Ashley

[E3 2010] New Design Xbox 360 - 16th July - £200

Incidentally ShopTo are selling original model 250GB HDDs for £43, a price bordering on reasonable. Should prove a worthwhile upgrade for those unwilling to fork out for a brand new machine.

That's actually very good and if it wasn't for my Elite being out of its extended three year warranty I would have considered just getting a bigger hard drive.

As it stand though the new Xbox makes sense for me because although my machine is out of warranty it still works meaning I can get a reasonable trade in on it once I've transferred everything over, the built-in wi-fi is a nice bonus and means I could also trade-in my two wireless adapters... or sell them... undecided yet.

Plus it is smaller, shinier, quieter and the extra USB ports should mean that I won't need to have a half-broken USB hub dangling off the front of my console... >.>

So yeah I'm looking forward to the new Xbox 360 S. :)

Transfer Cables are £14.99 on their own in GAME. I believe that's the RRP..

Any word of what cables do come with it? HDMI by any chance?

Not a chance:

What's in the Box?

Xbox 360 S Console (Gloss Black)

Xbox 360 S 250GB Removable Hard Drive

Xbox 360 Black Wireless Controller

Xbox 360 Black Headset

Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable (Standard Definition)

One Month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

1 Year Limited Express Warranty

Edit: Play.com say that a standard transfer cable will transfer content between an old HDD and the new model.

Yeah it will, the only difference with the 'old' and 'new' transfer cable is that the 'new' one doesn't come with the disc because it's not necessary anymore, the ability to auto-detect that you're using one must have been added in an update a good while ago because I recently did a transfer for someone using my kit and it asked if I wanted to transfer stuff when it was connected.

They do it via the same process on the new video which explains it all somewhere on XBL.

You think if I trade in my 360 they'll notice if I don't include my hdmi cable? :heh:

I think if you included the other TV cable they probably won't notice.

I'm gonna ask before trading in if it matters about the accesories, if it doesn't make much difference then I'm keeping my headset, controller and HDMI cable, I might even keep the Optical sound dongle too for lolz.

I'm allready gonna be letting my brother have my 120GB HDD so the trade in value of an Elite will be limited anyway no? say probably £50 with no HDD I would have thought.

They will probably not give you full price without the controller and headset. I won't be going til quite late on Fri evening though so... let me know how your trade goes! :heh:

Oh, does anyone want a transfer cable for £7 including postage?

I got a 250GB HDD on Tuesday and no longer need the cable.

Emailed Parcelforce to try and get a delivery estimate, they say that for Game and Gamestation they hold on to the parcels til the official release date :sad:

Oh well, roll on tomorrow!

I got mine this morning from shopto. I'm currently downloading all my games/dlc again. Whisper quiet sure is right, you cant even hear it. And there is barely any sound when playing a game. Great stuff.

Hmm, if quite a few of you are selling your xboxes, does anybody have a wifi dongle going? I don't really need it, but it might come in handy if someone is selling one cheap.

I keep looking at the new model and I just don't think its that good looking, but then neither is my white one anyway...

They do look sleek though. GAME had one on display when i popped in earlier, enquired about if they do transfers in store if i bought mine in. They said no, so i'm still going down the road of "when mine breaks", or starts playing up what-ever comes first.

Oi. I've pan-handled this stream first, nighterwolfling!

Pssh back off Mister! I can just flutter my eyelashes. Buwahaha.

Ive got mine!!!

well i got it in my dream last night .. anyone got a spare £200?

Ive got mine!!!

well i got it in my dream last night .. anyone got a spare £200?

I have.

Answer is no by the way!!!!.

My new XBox has arrvied!!!!!! :D

....although I'm stuck at work right now, I don't finish till 8 and I'm going straight out afterwards. Bugger. My gf is going to set it up for me, bless her, so at least it'll be ready for when we get home! :)

Mine has arrived! Its been setup and I'm currently transferring all my content so I can't really do anything with it atm but what I will say is this...

It looks nice...

It's a LOT quieter...

And erm that's all I can really say about it for now... oh yeah and you get Peggle and Pinbal on top of Hexic on the HDD which is a nice bonus I guess. :)

*edit* if you allready have any of those arcade games it will ask you if you want to overwrite the one on the new Xbox with the one from your old HDD, I chose 'Yes' seeing as that's the one which is allready associated with my Gamertag but I suspect that it doesn't matter too much, just figured I'd mention it for anyone hoping to go off and leave the Xbox to transfer everything because it will pause the transfer until you tell it what to do at that point.

About halfway there in terms of transferred content now which has taken 20 mins so far, the whole process for a nearly full 120GB HDD would probably take 45 mins - 1 hour I'd have thought, I'm anticipating my transfer to take no loner than another 15 - 20 mins, it's really not that bad when you consider all that it has to move across.

Scratch what I said about the 'extra' arcade games, they're just demos lol.

Edited by S.C.G

Very impressed myself, I love the chime when you touch one of the new buttons.

Just recovering my Gamertag now on my new Xbox.

Its nice, glossy sleek black with chrome trim, whisper quiet, loads of USB ports, touch sensitive buttons and built in Wi-Fi..............Just like my launch PS3.