NEurope
Ashley

[E3 2010] New Design Xbox 360 - 16th July - £200

Tempted very much to trade in my current 360 and get one of these. Makes sense on a lot of levels - I need wireless, more memory, could do with a quieter console and I'm worried my console will break just after it's soon to be expired warranty runs out. It's looked a little jumpy already. Hmm. I have an elite console, but with only a 20GB hard drive. So that would be £140 it would likely cost me.

However, if I trade in my 20GB hard drive for £15 exchange at CEX, I can buy a 120GB hard drive for £25. Thus making the total spent £125, as the console would then be £100. So £125 for all that extra memory, wireless, a quieter console and essentially an extended warranty. Might have to wait until the end of July and that pay slip, but I think it would probably be worth it.

For the built in wifi alone, I would get this. Thats the only issue I had when dealing with the 360 - buying that never-going-down-in-price wireless transmitter thingy (£40-£60)

the noise reduction is great news: can't afford multiple installs on my piddly 20gb and that's the only way to shut my machine up.

Can't afford it though :(

What I read was that the power symbol in the centre goes red in an error.

Yeah your right, what I heard was wrong then.

Apparently the New 360 will display a warning message and shut itself down to prevent it from over heating too much.

Edited by Ike

If it has internal wifi (the slim down version) then I'd be more likely to get it.

I'm sure it will, I think the article is probably getting it's wires crossed and there will just be a version with a smaller hard drive (but the same new shape and wi-fi) in time for Christmas.

Yeah that's what I'd imagine it would be like as it says it will be geared towards Kinect too and I'm guessing they're going with the philosophy "casual users want Kinect and are less likely to use a lot of hard drive space"

See that's more likely to get me to buy one, the only reason I would prefer to change is for less noise, smaller system over all (as in asthetic size) and wifi, if I could trade in my console for a £100 it would make the cost a lot smaller.

See that's more likely to get me to buy one, the only reason I would prefer to change is for less noise, smaller system over all (as in asthetic size) and wifi, if I could trade in my console for a £100 it would make the cost a lot smaller.

What model do you currently have?

What model do you currently have?

Regular 60gb? I can't remember. I doubt I'd actually get £100 if I traded it in, but then I managed to get £150 for my wii, so you never know. :D

The new model is £119.99 with a trade in of a 60GB model at GAME. So that's an £80 trade-in.

The new model is £119.99 with a trade in of a 60GB model at GAME. So that's an £80 trade-in.

Thats not bad! We'll see anyway, I don't need a new xbox, I'm just drawn to the shiny shiny of the new one. :laughing:

Thats not bad! We'll see anyway, I don't need a new xbox, I'm just drawn to the shiny shiny of the new one. :laughing:

lol same here mate! I currently have an Elite version which is only a couple of months old as my first 360 got the red rings.

However I have a 2 year warranty with my 360 and I'm thinking of making it die so the can give me the newer model as a replacement! Thats what GAME did for my Pro version of the console.....it broke and they gave me an Elite for no extra cost. :laughing:

lol same here mate! I currently have an Elite version which is only a couple of months old as my first 360 got the red rings.

However I have a 2 year warranty with my 360 and I'm thinking of making it die so the can give me the newer model as a replacement! Thats what GAME did for my Pro version of the console.....it broke and they gave me an Elite for no extra cost. :laughing:

I've had mine since xmas 2009, I don't use it every day so I imagine I could be lucky enough to never force an rrod, but still.

Its just the wifi that attracts me, I do have a long cable to use which makes it a non-issue, but for convience it'd be a lot better, but I don't know if it's worth buying a new console just for the sake of not having a cable!

I'm sure lots of people will be selling the Xbox WiFi things pretty soon, possibly at a fairly cheap price, too.

Has there been any word on weather they've fixed the RROD issues in this model?

Tempted

That's such a pleasant colour man :D

Has there been any word on weather they've fixed the RROD issues in this model?

It has no red light in the ring of light, so it can't RROD.

On a serious note, they've added a feature where the console will automatically shut down if it gets too hot, which should solve the heat-related problems.

Am I the only N-Eer that's not lost a 360 yet? Three and a half years without issue (Bar one scare last summer, but everything was overheating then. I had to spend £80 on extra cooling for my brand new PC :hmm:)

Am I the only N-Eer that's not lost a 360 yet? Three and a half years without issue (Bar one scare last summer, but everything was overheating then. I had to spend £80 on extra cooling for my brand new PC :hmm:)

I've had mine for a year and a half with no issues yet.

So apparently HMV/Game are now giving consoles away for £90 if a person trades in their old elite. This news is pleasing. I just need to get a 120GB Hard Drive again :P

Is it really true that the old transfer kit won't work as a means of transfering data from Elite to Slim?

Some guy in game told me that the 'new' transfer kits that they will coincidentally be selling on the same day as the console for £14.99 are the only ones that will do the job, which sounds like BS to me... can anyone confirm/deny this?

I've read online that the 360 S comes with a data transfer kit in the UK, and also that USB devices can be used. Also read you can buy the new 360, take it home to do the transfer then bring the 360 in with your receipt to do the trade and receive cash.