NEurope
Ashley

[E3 2010] New Design Xbox 360 - 16th July - £200

What I want to know is, will I be able to transfer all my data from my original Xbox Hard-Drive to the new Xbox using a transfer kit... if not then, I'm out.

What I want to know is, will I be able to transfer all my data from my original Xbox Hard-Drive to the new Xbox using a transfer kit... if not then, I'm out.

If you can't, then you can use any empty USB device to transfer stuff.

If you can't, then you can use any empty USB device to transfer stuff.

The thing is though... there are some files that can't be copied or moved I thought? except in the instance of using a transfer kit.

The thing is though... there are some files that can't be copied or moved I thought? except in the instance of using a transfer kit.

Some saves can't be copied, but they can be moved.

Can't believe how ugly it looks. Good if they reduced the noise as Sony couldn't manage it with the Slim. It is quieter than the old PS3 but I can still hear it pretty clearly. There about 4 years too late on the built in wi-fi, better late than never I guess.

update to the Console details:

• Touch sensitive on/off and eject buttons (like the PS3)

• "Much quieter"

• 250GB internal hard drive, which is still swappable.

• A custom Kinect port (not the standard USB port)

• There are five USB ports now, with three in the back and two in the front

• AV cable included, an HDMI and optical audio

• Different power supply

• External Xbox 360 hard drives and memory units are NOT compatible with the new Xbox

• Other accessories are

• Internal components that are changed: two small fans changed into one large fan for quieter operation, 45nm integrated CPU and GPU

The controller is slightly changed, with a chrome Xbox button, the Xbox logo on the back, and squared off shoulder buttons, which don't change gameplay but give it a more angular aesthetic feel. The angularity is also evident in the Xbox 360 itself, which Microsoft said that they updated to match the look of modern AV equipment, which are usually black and glossy and chrome.

To transfer your hard drive from your old console, you can either use a standard old 16GB USB drive and do it chunk by chunk, or you can use the old hard drive transfer cable (it works with the new internal hard drive). Also, you can now purchase that cable separately for $20, if you can find one to bum off of from your friends.

As for the hard drive, it's easily removable and is quite small—much smaller than the current external lump hard drive. You can't use this with older Xbox 360s, and you can't use older Xbox 360s' hard drives with this.

There is a Kinect-specific connector in the back, in addition to the 3 standard USB2 ports already there. The Kinect connector is just a USB port with more power, so you don't need a separate power supply like you would if you used Kinect with an older Xbox 360.

Extra pics:

http://gizmodo.com/5563191/the-new-xbox-360-in-person-so-glossy-it-hurts/gallery/

Edited by Oli1983uk

Stealing jokes from Comedy Rainbow? Low man. Real low.

Comedy Rainbow... has jokes?

'To transfer your hard drive from your old console, you can either use a standard old 16GB USB drive and do it chunk by chunk, or you can use the old hard drive transfer cable (it works with the new internal hard drive).'

Sold.

Hands-On:

When they say it's "whisper quiet," they're not kidding. Microsoft has moved from two smaller fans to one larger for what it says are "improved acoustics." When you turn the console on and it remains inactive or you're just browsing the menus, it's absolutely noiseless. Even with your ear right up to grill that cover's one of the console's fans, it's hardly noticeable.

Putting a disc in and letting it go to work is a slightly different story. It's unlikely most gamers will notice the disc noise in the hard drive, but if you listen close enough, you'll be able to hear it working a bit. But regardless, it's a huge leap forward from the previous iteration of the console, which often sounded like a jet taking off even when it was sitting idle.

P1020789-620x.jpg

P1020791-620x.jpg

P1020787-620x.jpg

P1020795-620x.jpg

P1020785-noscale.jpg

The new Arcade SKU is coming in "late summer".

XBOX 360 S ARCADE

In the U.S. we're going to clear out the current Elites and Arcades with a $50 price cut [$250 and $150 respectively]. This is basically the replacement for the Elite. We are going to have a replacement for the $199 Arcade. That'll be sometime in late summer.

WILL IT HAVE A HARD DRIVE?

We're not releasing all of the specs on it, but there will be a $199 version of this form factor.

Edited by Dante

Comedy Rainbow... has jokes?

Well....collections of words who's intention is to bring happiness or laughter to people.

I'm a joy designer.

So only just seen all this due to no internets.... its fugly but I'm slightly tempted....Going round to Dads tonight so got internet for the rest of E3 tonight

Hm, looks interesting. But I don't know if it's really worth upgrading. Maybe if I can sell my old Xbox 360 I'll get the new one.

it does look quite sexual!

i think i'll be getting one.

as for Kinect... repeat of Nintendo's e3 in 2006 isnt it?

Stealing jokes from Comedy Rainbow? Low man. Real low.

Nice try, but nobody is going to believe I have ever watched an episode of Comedy Rainbow :heh:

Only way i'd buy one is if my current one decides to melt like the model before it did.

Leaked!!!! - Microsoft release making of footage for the new slim 360

Only way i'd buy one is if my current one decides to melt like the model before it did.

Leaked!!!! - Microsoft release making of footage for the new slim 360

Some gamer humour is awful.

I think it looks quite nice but it just doesn't seem small enough for my liking. After a redesign that was the most they could do with it? I guess it's more about the new features though. The real design test of this new iteration will be whether it can last more than 6 months or not.

Overall it's pretty disappointing to be honest. They're trying to pull in casual gamers and then they release a new console that looks like a miniaturised gaming pc from 1997.

I'll buy one as i want to try natal properly at home and my current 360 is broken, but it will definitely be hidden behind a cupboard.

Game trade in dealios (the price listed is the price you would pay after trading in the console listed):

XBOX 360 ELITE £99.99

XBOX 360 60GB PRO £119.99

XBOX 360 20GB PRO £139.99

PS3 SLIM 120 GB £24.99

PS3 80GB £59.99

PS3 40GB £69.99

NINTENDO Wii £124.99

Awesome - how did you get this info before me?! I've been waiting for it :heh:

I'd get £60 off by trading in my current 360? Hmm.. tempting.

Not sure I can quite justify £120 for a less noisy console. Will probably wait for a special dealio at work instead.

Definitely trading in my 20 GB 360. Is there any way to transfer my stuff though? I only have an 8 GB USB stick. Reckon that's alright?

How do I go about wiping everything off my 360? Is it easy?

I wonder if I can get anything for the Wi-Fi adapter too...

For save file and profiles? More then enough.

You can download all arcade games easily after putting your account on the new console.

Ah, cool. And is there a format 360 thing so I don't leave any details on my 360?

Aren't some saves locked? I still haven't completed Mass Effect 2.

Not really seen any other way to format except the obvious way.

Have not heard about saves being locked, but I know that a lot of games have saves locked to the profile so the only way to access them is when your signed in.