NEurope
Dante

[E3 2010] Microsoft Conference General Thread

Definitely being developed by Crytek. The logo did make an appearance during the trailer for that game but it depends on what live feed you were watching as it could have lagged over it or something.

I must say though that GT's feed was very good for me at least. No lag (I was having more trouble getting things through on Kotaku's Live Blog) and only a very slight delay to the proceedings. Very nicely handled I'll say. Hopefully it's as good later on for the other conferences.

Hmm Fair enough, quite a departure for them since recently they had only being doing PC stuff and then dipping their hands in Multi console work. Could be a project led by the smaller Budapest studio.

I tried the gamespot feed at first, but just took years loading. GT worked the best for me. Still I can't imaging anyone running to get onto the show floor to play with Ken...whatever like they did with the Wii all those years ago. I think people are over motion control now.

launchofdoom.jpg

4 workout games? seriously?

and 3 casual fun core games.......whatever that means

How annoying was that kid and that damn tiger. I think what I hate the most is the excessive level of feigned enthusiasm at these events.

Oh come on. I thought that whole part was cute, especially when the tiger started to whimper when she hid. Didn't you at least like the Matrix-esque backflip of the tiger as it jumped the rope?

At least it was funny when she called it a dog

also how it appeared to tickle her, even tho its virtual..

To be fair, a shit racer and Forza.

Same thing isn't it?

launchofdoom.jpg

4 workout games? seriously?

and 3 casual fun core games.......whatever that means

thebiggestloser.jpg

Think the biggest loser would be anyone who buys this!

I didn't remember to watch it. Any place where I can see the highlights? By the looks of this thread there seems there wasn't any.

I didn't remember to watch it. Any place where I can see the highlights? By the looks of this thread there seems there wasn't any.
I think Gametrailers usually post the conferences at some stage.

So lets see here. We diss the Wii for its motion control. Then we run our own implementation of motion control while calling the original crap. We then follow up by carbon copying the formula created by the original except multiplying that value by five. How many sports and fitness titles do you need.

I'm sure we all know how this ends as we've been here before. Each title after two month has gathered a layer of dust, and you feel disappointed in yourself for falling victim to the hype machine.

But in the end, we still have a voice/hand controlled media player. Which may be pointless, but sounds utterly awesome (when you describe it) and it is something you can show off.

thebiggestloser.jpg

Think the biggest loser would be anyone who buys this!

LOL! As I say on Unch ; "Yes Cooky, Yes!"

I just watched some of the conference on YouTube and thought it was hilariousl.

XBOX : Pause

Technically takes longer than pressing one button.

I mean its fine, it seems like a nice bit of tech, but the way they were going on about it was like they were reinventing the wheel. Its all been done before, motion tracking, voice recognition blah blah blah.

Yeah nice but meh. Although TBF I havn't seen any games for it yet. I look forward to seeing them.

Oh and Laura's twin sisters script was amazing.

It's following me! How does it do that.

Ah women. Technology is so beyond them. :)

any one else think the Kinect sports logo was a bad Wii sports logo rip off

Ah voice commands, if I could draw I would love to do a web comic.

Xbox clean, Xbox Make me a Sammich. Xbox pwn some noobs. Xbox world peace.

Skynet................. Lives

drf1wx.gif

But in the end, we still have a voice/hand controlled media player. Which may be pointless, but sounds utterly awesome (when you describe it) and it is something you can show off.

I'm gonna go with pointless there. You can press a button faster than talking... so... am less convenient then?

1276543669.jpg

haha gaf is awesome

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

I'm gonna go with pointless there. You can press a button faster than talking... so... am less convenient then?

Plus i cant see it being that accurate, it prob take you 2 or 3 times of saying it louder and louder till it recognizes it

Also, If anyone has tried using the Wii-mote to adjust the programme time slider on the iplayer channel... they'll know it's a pain in the ass!

I'd sooner use a button on the Wiimote as a fast forward/rewind button!

Some things just don't need motion controls!

Engadget have a screenie from Gamestop Kinect is going to be $149.

Engadget have a screenie from Gamestop Kinect is going to be $149.
csp_hydrogen-bomb.jpg

... that's BOMB btw.

... but you got that!

... you got that!

Edited by Retro_Link

It was an awful show but you've got to remember Microsoft still have a load of great AAA games coming. This Kinetic thing will be marketed to high hell so I'm sure it will do well and as much as these games are kind of sucky, they'll appeal to the same market as the Wii but then on top of that you have all the extras (ESPN being a good example for the US of A). Also, they won't look like crap.

Similarly, if Sony show sod all tomorrow, they've already announced a load of games.

It's not a disaster. It did what Microsoft wanted.

It was an awful show but you've got to remember Microsoft still have a load of great AAA games coming. This Kinetic thing will be marketed to high hell so I'm sure it will do well and as much as these games are kind of sucky, they'll appeal to the same market as the Wii but then on top of that you have all the extras (ESPN being a good example for the US of A). Also, they won't look like crap.

Similarly, if Sony show sod all tomorrow, they've already announced a load of games.

It's not a disaster. It did what Microsoft wanted.

Except they're expecting people to pay $149 and buy a console... when you could buy a Wii for half the price! Seems they've missed the point somewhere!

Except they're expecting people to pay $149 and buy a console... when you could buy a Wii for half the price! Seems they've missed the point somewhere!

True, but you get a lot more for your money that you do with a Wii. Also, we don't know how much the bundle will cost. Wouldn't be surprised if that's where they really push it.

True, but you get a lot more for your money that you do with a Wii. Also, we don't know how much the bundle will cost. Wouldn't be surprised if that's where they really push it.

Possibly, but wouldn't most of the people that want those types of 'experiences' already have (and quite possibly got bored with) the Wii anyway.

That's what marketing is for. Selling shit to us that we don't need. :heh: