NEurope
Dante

[E3 2010] Microsoft Conference General Thread

Except it isn't because it comes with a normal controller too.

Except it isn't because it comes with a normal controller too.

I just think it was a mistake to create a device that alienates it's hardcore audience. The kinetic is a lot more casual than the wiimote, there's only so much you can do with it and I think they almost explored every possibility, it seems flooded already, 4 dance titles like?

mse3mamabits.gif

Kinect can also be use for more subtle uses in conjunction with a normal controller.

Kinect can also be use for more subtle uses in conjunction with a normal controller.

Yes but hardly any dev is going to try that. It's one or the other, normal controller for hardcore, Kinetic for casual, I don't foresee many crossovers.

...hum... can it?

I dunno, didn't it supposedly use up 10-15% of the console's processing power?

I just think it was a mistake to create a device that alienates it's hardcore audience. The kinetic is a lot more casual than the wiimote, there's only so much you can do with it and I think they almost explored every possibility, it seems flooded already, 4 dance titles like?

mse3mamabits.gif

I totally agree with you. That's why I think Move is the best of both worlds. In fact, that Metal Gear Rising thing is gagging for Move. I'd be shocked if it didn't get the implementation.

anywhere I can view a reply of the conference?

anywhere I can view a reply of the conference?

This thread is full of replies to the conference.

I totally agree with you. That's why I think Move is the best of both worlds. In fact, that Metal Gear Rising thing is gagging for Move. I'd be shocked if it didn't get the implementation.

I'm guessing it will. The MS guy waited until they had showed that to state that every game from now on would be a 360 exclusive.

This thread is full of replies to the conference.

gggrrrrr... of course I meant replay [facepalm]

gggrrrrr... of course I meant replay [facepalm]

DON'T DO IT!!! I lost an hour of my life (The first half an hour was okay)

Gametrailers has it up still I think.

Gamespot always used to have it up after, too.

I just want to the Natal...Kinetic stuff

So anyone worried about a videogame crash in the near future if Sony's move is just the same type of games like Kinect?

Just watching now on GT, skipping through it, 1st bit of stage demonstration I saw was some guy showing Kinetic with Zune and stuff... I thought he was keeping his whole upper body too still and seemed very careful about not raising his hands too high until he wanted to control something. Wonder if when watching a film you reached for a drink would it suddenly skip scenes?

The Sports game is such a copy of WiiSports, right down to the icons for each spot featured just screamed knock-off

So anyone worried about a videogame crash in the near future if Sony's move is just the same type of games like Kinect?

No, because the 360 and the PS3 both will still have the normal controller based games.

Why would that cause a market crash?

Well no because sony has already confirmed that a few core games will be using it already.

Having the same kind of games with casual appeal as wii has? Maybe i am wording this wrong but didn't music games slow down in sales because keep releasing yearly?

Um, what can i say. Kinect looks like cack. The games coming to it are cack. It is basically a Wii-rip off in a periphial if you ask me. It could be so much more, instead it is going down the path i thought it was to begin with.

MS are in deep trouble; for me they're the ones who need an injection badly; this most definitely isn't it. I reckon they'll have a bad year and announce a new console next E3...

They have a few decent exclusives but on the whole it's pretty terrible for them.

To be fair, these are all launch games. Like everything, you need to give it time. I suspect next E3 Kinect will start to find its feet.

The 360 is still selling well.

MS are in deep trouble; for me they're the ones who need an injection badly; this most definitely isn't it. I reckon they'll have a bad year and announce a new console next E3...

They have a few decent exclusives but on the whole it's pretty terrible for them.

Even though I personally have little interest in the PS3 exclusives, I still have to say that both the 360 and PS3 have a fantastic line-up in terms of non Kinect/Move games.

For people who already have 360's yeah, there's quite a bit of good stuff coming out.

But I think anyone who is wanting a new console will surely buy the PS3?! It's better in pretty much every way and move looks to be infinitely better than Kinect. I just think 360 sales will drop and drop and drop as the PS3 get's a bigger hold and Wii continues to dominate.

I guess I was just expecting a bit more from MS...thought they needed it.