NEurope
Dante

[E3 2010] Microsoft Conference General Thread

What a crappy conference x_x MS didn't cater in any way for people who couldn't care less about "Kinect". If Sony's "Move" steals the show as well, this might actually be the first time in years that Nintendo's offerings impress me the most. C'mon Zelda Wii!

True, but you get a lot more for your money that you do with a Wii. Also, we don't know how much the bundle will cost. Wouldn't be surprised if that's where they really push it.

What else do you get... really?

Because all the sports/movie channels etc... will be available without Natal won't they.

So to the casuals, they're being asked to pay twice the price of a Wii for a hand signalled menu?

Edited by Retro_Link

Well I was thinking for Kinetic? the name is going to take a while to sink in.

That there shouldn't be any visits from the peripheral police. You know Kinetic wheel, Kinetic Zapper, Kinetic Balance board, Kinetic Vitality sensor, Kinetic-chuk.

Of course not having anything in your hand will be kind of weird. And the lack of force feedback or any interaction on a physical level would mean they'd have to make some truly great experiences to captivate an audience.

Tweet from Garnett Lee:

"As for impressions, the MS briefing leaves the door wide open for Sony to reassert PlayStation as THE gamers' console at E3"

That really would be the best outcome for me from this but unfortunately I doubt it

What else do you get... really?

Because all the sports/movie channels etc... will be available without Natal won't they.

So to the casuals, they're being asked to pay twice the price of a Wii for a hand singled menu?

If marketing has any clue they'll sell the whole package. Plus, you saw that UbiSoft fitness game. It has Tai muthafuckin Chi!! That's gonna sell to the soccer moms big time.

Is every journalist in LA scrambling to EA's conference now?

Yeah, I reckon Sony have a lot up their sleeves. They have too many first party studios gone quiet to not to. I also think we'll see the PSP2 tomorrow.

If marketing has any clue they'll sell the whole package. Plus, you saw that UbiSoft fitness game. It has Tai muthafuckin Chi!! That's gonna sell to the soccer moms big time.

Who already have Wii Fit.

:hug:

So long as Sony don't go casual with Move, then yeah they'll be ok!

The Wii, and Wii Fit, is still selling a bucket full means there's still customers. There's no reason at all to think that this new package won't start eating into that.

You gotta remember this is Microsoft. They marketing budget is bigger than a lot of countries' GDPs. :heh:

So long as Sony don't go casual with Move, then yeah they'll be ok!

I totally agree here but see sony are far more likely to go casual than microsoft or so I thought. There are titles like singstar, buzz and the likes..

Microsoft made a mistake I feel. The console is too old to attract new gamers now. If sony tried this approach it wouldn't be so bad, but if sony came along and said BAM resistence 3 exclusive to move I think that would be an awesome move( no pun intended)

Edited by mcj metroid

Yeah, I reckon Sony have a lot up their sleeves. They have too many first party studios gone quiet to not to. I also think we'll see the PSP2 tomorrow.

I'd love to see some awesome shit from them. Although I doubt infinitely I'd get it, I'm very interested to see (whenever we do, be it tomorrow or not) the PSP2.

Can't say I think Move is gonna be too impressive though. Watched a video of it earlier and it was just identical to the Wii.

Mum: "No Son you're not getting a Kinect, you already have a Wii"

---

Son: "No Mum seriously... Kinects are lame" *goes back to Halo*

Just to say that anyone with Vista/7 already has a mediacenter with speech recognition.

I totally agree here but see sony are far more likely to go casual than microsoft or so I thought. There are titles like singstar, buzz and the likes..

Microsoft made a mistake I feel. The console is too old to attract new gamers new. If sony tried this approach it wouldn't be so bad, but if sony came along and said BAM resistence 3 exclusive to move I think that would be an awesome move.

Really? Even though Sony really push to help indie developers with their PUB fund and the medium as a whole with games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain and Ico et al?

I've said it before but MOVE's strength is that it can be easily substituted for the DS3 and vica versa (KillZone 3/LBP/Heavy Rain all support MOVE).

It was clear from the controller free move Microsoft were gunning hard for the mass market.

I think people are forgetting that the conferences aren't aimed at us at all. They can announce stuff at any time and we'll pay as much attention than at E3. E3 is for the journalists. More specifically the non-gaming journalists/magazines/papers.

I think people are forgetting that the conferences aren't aimed at us at all. They can announce stuff at any time and we'll pay as much attention than at E3. E3 is for the journalists. More specifically the non-gaming journalists/magazines/papers.

90% of them being gaming journalists, who are mostly gamers ,and who honestly checks the news first? Gamers!.. Although its hard to say what they thought of this.

I Don't own a 360 but 360 was easily the more core console before this. I mean there were no casual titles at all really. Lips and very few others? So for them to come along and focus their conference on casual gamers was a real slap in the face.

What a crappy conference x_x MS didn't cater in any way for people who couldn't care less about "Kinect". If Sony's "Move" steals the show as well, this might actually be the first time in years that Nintendo's offerings impress me the most. C'mon Zelda Wii!

So wait.. you're not ecstatic about COD map pack exclusivity?

I dread Sony's conference too but surely it cant be worse than the MS one.....can it?

It was clear from the controller free move Microsoft were gunning hard for the mass market.

I just really doubt it will take off. I can't see it being anymore than a mere distraction like eyetoy was and a lot more expensive so it seems.

I understand the price will come down eventually but how much life does the 360 have left in it?

So wait.. you're not ecstatic about COD map pack exclusivity?

I dread Sony's conference too but surely it cant be worse than the MS one.....can it?

If they annouce psp2 they've already won and as far as I'm concerned move is a far better idea than kinetic. kinetic is restricted to casual only titles whereas with the wiimote and move core titles can, will and have been made.

Edited by mcj metroid
Automerged Doublepost

I just really doubt it will take off. I can't see it being anymore than a mere distraction like eyetoy was and a lot more expensive so it seems.

I understand the price will come down eventually but how much life does the 360 have left in it?

The difference is that this is pretty much a new console in Microsoft's eyes. They're going to push it so much more than Sony did the EyeToy.

Why would you think the 360 doesn't have much life left? Great games keep coming out, that doesn't look like changing, and features keep getting added to it (apparently 3D will be added). Seems pretty future proof.

Really? Even though Sony really push to help indie developers with their PUB fund and the medium as a whole with games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain and Ico et al?

I've said it before but MOVE's strength is that it can be easily substituted for the DS3 and vica versa (KillZone 3/LBP/Heavy Rain all support MOVE).

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Sure, Sony may seem more casual with things like SingStar, Buzz, etc. But all those games have been around for YEARS while they've still been pushing games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Killzone, etc, etc.

They've always gave love to both.

I'd have to disagree with you...

I think all the companies are well aware of the attention gamers give to this (hence streaming on xbox.com) and clearly that's why publishers in recent years have also had their own conferences.

I mean, shit, Microsoft even had "sponsored by gametrailers" on their screen at the start.

They know that shit loads of gamers go on Gametrailers, etc.

I would have agreed with you 10 years ago.

The difference is that this is pretty much a new console in Microsoft's eyes. They're going to push it so much more than Sony did the EyeToy.

Why would you think the 360 doesn't have much life left? Great games keep coming out, that doesn't look like changing, and features keep getting added to it (apparently 3D will be added). Seems pretty future proof.

But there is only so much you can do with a camera/mic. The possibilities seem endless but realistically

1: you can't do shooting games

2: you can't do car racing games( I know they tried but it's laughable, you need something physical otherwise ironically it would feel unrealistic)

3: all your games are restricted to a "behind the person" view. Otherwise movements could get confusing

The reason I say you can't do a shooting game is well.......How? put 2 fingers together to mimick a gun? I know that hardly sounds more bizarre than pretending to drive a steering wheel without anything physical in front of you so I suppose anything is possible but it would look gay.

So If this is microsofts new console? it's quite restrictive.

Edited by mcj metroid