NEurope
Dante

[E3 2010] Microsoft Conference General Thread

New threads guys :p

And thread making has been turned back on but there was nothing really new to make threads about was there?

(and as it turns out we don't need Dan Dare. Maybe we should fire him)

Not a bad conference but felt more like a Nintendo conference than a Microsoft one. Was to be expected with Kinect getting the media blowout but the titles shown weren't great. Dance Central could be the new Just Dance though if marketed well enough, along with the actual device. Interesting to see no pricing revealed. Thinking it's going to be around the £75 - £100 mark based on the tech in it (motorised stand so the camera turns itself to keep you in place along with the 2 3D and the RGB camera and microphone). Strange though that the Sonic title shown as being a Kinect launch title wasn't shown. That's a big game, even if Sonic has been rather poor over the last couple of year.

No new core announcements besides the Crytek game, which will probably disappoint some gamers but the games they showed, core wise, looked good. Black Ops looked great. And the dogfights in space in Halo: Reach looked brilliant. Both Treyarch and Bungie look to be going all out with those games.

And the new 360... well knew it was coming. Looks like it won't have nearly as many issues with overheating thanks to the 'gills' cut into the side of the unit. I personally need to get a new 360 at some point so might be worth waiting for that.

All in all though, it had it's good points but I think the over focus on the Kinect dragged it down a bit. Very nice tech but I'm still not seeing it as a gaming device; more a multimedia device. Some interesting uses of it though and I guess we'll have to wait and see how else it'll be used in later announcements. So, I'd say B-/C for their showing. Really shouldn't be too hard for either Sony or Nintendo to top that (hell, given all the games announced and unannounced EA have, they'll easily top that).

I found it to be rubbish. The Kinect stuff was okay and the people demonstrated it made me laugh, bad acting much? Kinect does look great and I'll definitely be getting it but I'll wait to get it later on, it's not something I'd buy on the release date. It wasn't really very good overall, the only things I'm looking forward to are Metal Gear Solid: Rising (and I hate Raiden so I'm half-and-half) and Gears of War 3, other than that, not interested. The XBLA stuff looked better and more entertaining (and so did Dance Central).

Edited by Animal

Well, atleast the conference left me speechless...

After that i'm more than looking forward to Nintendo sales data.

how do they always manage to make things boring....

you gotta love how all the "real" kinetic games are coming in 2011. Then nintendo will have their answer by the time people care.

After that all i want is to see the Gifs that'll be generated from it!

New threads guys :p

And thread making has been turned back on but there was nothing really new to make threads about was there?

(and as it turns out we don't need Dan Dare. Maybe we should fire him)

gladiatordown.jpg

Only joking Dan!

how do they always manage to make things boring....

you gotta love how all the "real" kinetic games are coming in 2011. Then nintendo will have their answer by the time people care.

ya it'll give nin-10-doh some time to come up with a decent answer, perhaps a few new mario games :laughing:

No new core announcements besides the Crytek game, which will probably disappoint some gamers but the games they showed, core wise, looked good.

I missed that part. So is it being developed by crytek or just using cry engine 3?

It seems to be the current in thing to give away free stuff to who ever turns up at your conference. I need to start going to things.

Most entertaining part of the conference was some of the comments in the n-europe chatroom.

now off to youtube to see if i can find this conference in a nutshell!

I learnt that fun is a universal magnet that binds us together. So that was useful.

ya it'll give nin-10-doh some time to come up with a decent answer, perhaps a few new mario games :laughing:

I'd rather have a few more Mario games, than that kinnect thing.

Ah well, at least it's now the 360's turn to get a bunch of On-Rails, and Casual, Waggle type games!!

How annoying was that kid and that damn tiger. I think what I hate the most is the excessive level of feigned enthusiasm at these events.

I missed that part. So is it being developed by crytek or just using cry engine 3?

Definitely being developed by Crytek. The logo did make an appearance during the trailer for that game but it depends on what live feed you were watching as it could have lagged over it or something.

I must say though that GT's feed was very good for me at least. No lag (I was having more trouble getting things through on Kotaku's Live Blog) and only a very slight delay to the proceedings. Very nicely handled I'll say. Hopefully it's as good later on for the other conferences.

Ah well, at least it's now the 360's turn to get a bunch of On-Rails, and Casual, Waggle type games!!

I'm shocked though I really thought they would try a more core approach than nintendo but no they completely ripped them off and piled a shit racer and a star wars game.

How annoying was that kid and that damn tiger. I think what I hate the most is the excessive level of feigned enthusiasm at these events.

At least it was funny when she called it a dog

I personally thing that the Kinect games look slightly more interesting than the Wii versions of said games. But then, I wasn't interested in the Wii versions anyway - how the stuff is used in Nintendo's proper games is the main difference.

I like the look of Kinect and the media features, but the games don't seem like anything special.

I'm shocked though I really thought they would try a more core approach than nintendo but no they completely ripped them off and piled a shit racer and a star wars game.

To be fair, a shit racer and Forza.