NEurope
Retro_Link

Mortal Kombat

Im liking this new trend of devs realizing 2D just suits certain games better.

there was nothing wrong with MK vs DC though, quite a solid game in my opinion..I'm more disappointed that the recent live action trailer isn't for a new film...

I think it looks cool. I like how they've kept a bit of the old games and modernised them, should be interesting to see how it plays.

Where's the blood?
I don't think they'll gonna skimp on it, tt does look like it's gonna be pretty brutal if Kung Lao's hat fatality at the end is anything to go by, and the fact they detailed blood from his fingers as he put it back on.

I'd imagine there will be mutilple option levels.

The trailer/publicity shots probably aren't allowed to go crazy.

Great to see some old levels back aswell.

Edited by Retro_Link

Announcement Trailer

Developer NetherRealm Studios

Publisher Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Distributor Time Warner

Designer Ed Boon (Executive Producer)

Platform Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Release date Q2 2011

Genre Fighting

Mode Single-player, Multiplayer

Story:

"So we're kind of doing a Back to the Future type of thing, where Raiden is about to be killed by Shao Kahn, and just before he delivers the last blow, he sends a mental message to his earlier self, so the camera rewinds back to Mortal Kombat 1. The Raiden from back then gets a message and he doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something bad's going to happen, and the game spans Mortal Kombat 1, 2 and 3, retelling the story with an enlightened Raiden, and he's changing the course of things, so everything you've seen happen before – Liu Kang winning, the guys turning into cybernetic ninjas, are changed around, so you might see a character become cybernetic who wasn't before, and so you see a different version of events"

Gamespots Hands-On

Videos:

2ugcfh1.gif

280rvnp.gif

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

I actually think it looks pretty good, very old school. Thing is I just can't control fighters with an analogue I don't know why and the D-Pad on the 360 controller sucks ass :(

I actually think it looks pretty good, very old school. Thing is I just can't control fighters with an analogue I don't know why and the D-Pad on the 360 controller sucks ass :(

The Fightpad is your friend, buy one for Street Fighter IV and then use it for everything else! :D it makes fighting games and arcade titles an absolute dream to play.

Dev. Interview:

Going back to the story of MK 1/2/3 is awesome!

Get rid of all the aweful new characters, the originals were by far the best and how their 'stories' all intertwined.

Good to hear all the secrets from the past games are getting a nod. I hope Smoke/Noob Saibot are included!

:D

Edited by Retro_Link

I used to play Mk on the PC back in the day. Actually got good at using the keyboard.

Hope the Hd remix rumour is true.

Yeah I had MK3 on the PC and used to play multiplayer using the keyboard... me using the number keys on the right and my friend using the letters on the far left!... How things have changed! :D

Good times!!

Yes that vid looked pretty awesome. Almost sold on this. Character models and animations are slick as well.

More Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection Evidence Surfaces

mk_hd_order_page_500.jpg

The past few days more evidence of the upcoming Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection has surfaced. First the major UK Retailer Game has listed the game for pre-order. Game doesn't offer many details beyond a release date of 11/2010 which is similar to the previous European leaks. Then yesterday a reader, Lucas, reached out to let us know that retail entertainment distributor Ingram Entertainment now has the game listed for pre-booking. Pre-booking is basically what a store does to place advance orders for their customers. Here's a screenshot of the game's listing in the system.

What is not pictured is the release date of November 17th in the system. Oddly enough that is a Wednesday not a Tuesday. Also as with with the other leaks there is no indication of a Xbox 360 version of this game. We think it's likely going to be released as a Sony PlayStation 3 HD Collections title. We don't expect it to be 100% exclusive to the PlayStation 3, but rather we'd bet that that a lack of Xbox 360 leaks point towards it being a timed exclusive where the game eventually gets released for the Xbox 360 after a period of time. We don't think they'd exclude all potential Xbox 360 customers, especially after having lost the ability to purchase Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 on Xbox Live Arcade.

With the unconfirmed release date being only two months away, we bet an official announcement is not far off.

The trailer isn't quite as exciting as the trailer which revealed Snake for SSBB, nonetheless, a cool and fitting guest appearance for the game.

Hmm I'm actually pretty dissapointed by this. I was hoping this MK was gonna be true to itself and not have any gimmicks like this. Before anyone says anything, I wasn't overly keen on Snake and Sonic in Brawl either.

Anyone here an MK fan?

I am planning on getting the new MK game, its a reboot of the franchise, using up to date graphics, I think it using somthing simler to street fighter 4. anyhow

How is this shit still going when there are actually are fuckton of worthwhile fighters on the market these days? MK is poop from a butt, and the aesthetic isn't interesting any more either, and I doubt after so many iterations they're actually going to make a well balanced fighter.

not seen the new stuff they've added in this then no? have you not botherd to watch the trailer? MK has a good story, and tbf its lasted longer then any other beatme up's out there..

not seen the new stuff they've added in this then no? have you not botherd to watch the trailer? MK has a good story, and tbf its lasted longer then any other beatme up's out there..

This makes me sad :(.