NEurope
Kirkatronics

What Can You Play?

For years now i have wanted to learn how to play the Piano, but can never afford a quality Keyboard to teach my self.

Does anyone here know how to play any instruments, and when did you start?

Edited by Kirkatronics

I can play a few badly but only the piano well. Started playing when I was 11. Hated it. Stopped after two years. Started again when I was 15. New, amazing teacher, loved it. He actually let me suggest stuff I wanted to play. Stopped lessons when I finished school but I still play.

Finally managed to play this a couple weeks ago. Was really pleased (Yes, this is a proud boast :heh: ).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You might have guessed, I only really play classical pieces.

I can play a few badly but only the piano well. Started playing when I was 11. Hated it. Stopped after two years. Started again when I was 15. New, amazing teacher, loved it. He actually let me suggest stuff I wanted to play. Stopped lessons when I finished school but I still play.

Finally managed to play this a couple weeks ago. Was really pleased (Yes, this is a proud boast :heh: ).

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

You might have guessed, I only really play classical pieces.

Clasical is what i would like to play, i love the sound of the Piano.

what do you play? Is it a Keyboard, or an actual Piano?

It's one of my asperations to have a huge house with a Grand Piano in it.

I've played drums since 2005 and guitar since 2007 (I think). I was interested in it but it was actually Fierce Link who persuaded me to go ahead and get drum lessons. Play a bit of guitar on the side.

Although this is far from perfect here is a quick example of me drumming and playing guitar.

Please note it's someone else playing the solo :P

Also play drums in this band but the drumming on those isn't excellent either! Recording is stressful I tell you! :P

Clasical is what i would like to play, i love the sound of the Piano.

what do you play? Is it a Keyboard, or an actual Piano?

It's one of my asperations to have a huge house with a Grand Piano in it.

It's an upright W Hoffmann from the Bechstein factory in the Czech Republic. It's kind of expensive but it sounds fantastic (especially for an upright).

Hoffmann_V120.jpg

At school they had concert grand pianos. I'd go and mess around on the in the evening when the music school was empty. One of the few good things about school.

Edited by Daft
Wrong piano... :p

I would love to teach myself piano; it's such a beautiful instrument. One day i will definately set about doing it.

I did the standard thing of learning guitar. I've never had any lessons.. instead, i started teaching myself when i was about 13-14.. i'm actually pretty good now :)

I find that playing an instrument can allow you to vent many different emotions, so i'm really glad that i put the effort in when i was younger.

Videogames, very well.

(I used to play Trumpet to level 3, was pretty decent.)

It's an upright W Hoffmann from the Bechstein factory in the Czech Republic. It's kind of expensive but it sounds fantastic (especially for an upright).

Hoffmann_V112..jpg

At school they had concert grand pianos. I'd go and mess around on the in the evening when the music school was empty. One of the few good things about school.

That looks amazing. I had no idea they sounded different at all, i assumed it was the materials which dictated that.

I would love to teach myself piano; it's such a beautiful instrument. One day i will definately set about doing it.

I did the standard thing of learning guitar. I've never had any lessons.. instead, i started teaching myself when i was about 13-14.. i'm actually pretty good now :)

I find that playing an instrument can allow you to vent many different emotions, so i'm really glad that i put the effort in when i was younger.

Sometimes when i go to my friends house, i try to play his Dads Piano but all i get is like 10 seconds of what sounds like music from a lot of messing about.

That looks amazing. I had no idea they sounded different at all, i assumed it was the materials which dictated that.

Wrong piano, that's edited the right one in now. :heh:

Yeah, there are lots of things that can effect the sound - material, size, shape, strings, position in the room even. Not sure what the details are exactly.

We were thinking about getting a Yamaha upright but apparently the sound dulls after 5 years whereas with the Bechsteins they mellow to a degree but last a good 30 years.

The pianos great for stress relief or zoning in/out.

For years now i have wanted to learn how to play the Piano

PI-A PI-A PI-ANO PIANO PIANO - PI-A PI-A PI-ANO PIANO PIANO!

Couldn't resist.

I have a harmonica I've tried teaching myself to play, but never got into it. Used to be able to play some of the Ocarina of Time melodies on the piano back in the day.

Wrong piano, that's edited the right one in now. :heh:

Yeah, there are lots of things that can effect the sound - material, size, shape, strings, position in the room even. Not sure what the details are exactly.

We were thinking about getting a Yamaha upright but apparently the sound dulls after 5 years whereas with the Bechsteins they mellow to a degree but last a good 30 years.

The pianos great for stress relief or zoning in/out.

I couldn't see the difference untill i put them side by side.

Another one of my friends has a severely out of tune Piano, so out of tune that even i can tell. How often do you have to retune yours?

The recorder. I was pretty damn good, as well!

I had a recorder when i was younger, but it never took my interest.

I have seen some good Recorder players, but i prefer listening to it when there is more than one person playing.

PI-A PI-A PI-ANO PIANO PIANO - PI-A PI-A PI-ANO PIA-PIANO!

Edited, cause you got it wrooong!

I played the Piano when I was younger, but quit when I was about 12. I hated it (although, that probably had something to do with the teacher I had). About the same time I quit Piano I started band class in school. Through the band program, I learned how to play the B flat clarinet. Not that well mind you. I also learned how to play the E flat alto saxophone through private lessons, but I haven't played it for about a year now. I still play the Clarinet in band, but I'm quitting band next year due to timetable related issues. My parents want me to take private lessons again next year though, so I'll probably still end up playing next year.

Edited by Emasher

I've played drums since 2005 and guitar since 2007 (I think). I was interested in it but it was actually Fierce Link who persuaded me to go ahead and get drum lessons. Play a bit of guitar on the side.

When you become famous, I want some royalties or...something. :heh:

You probably drum more than I do these days. You're living my dream!

Hoffmann_V120.jpg

That's a sexy piano. That's one instrument I never got a chance to try but wanted to give it a shot. Although, the music teachers at my high school were arse, and extra lessons would've been expensive, so the opportunity never came about.

I can play the drums, bass guitar and acoustic guitar.

Been playing drums since I was about 15/16, I think. Really was into it but then moving away to Uni and then changing my residence over the years meant that the drums unfortunately had to be packed away once I moved away from my house in the second year. I haven't got the room at the moment to set them up and play again. I want to play. So badly. :(

At one stage, I got really cheap lessons off this crazy guy who...wore some bizarre attire when we had lessons. This one time he just wore funny coloured underwear. That was interesting. Plus, he was more into the "playing" side of things rather than focusing on sheet music. He would tell me what to play through a series of vocal sounds. "Play this jim: DOOM DOOM DAAAA KEEDOOKADOO DAAAA" He would move from side to side whilst saying/shouting that. In his underwear.

The guy was my hero. Loved his lessons! I only had about 6 or something, and they were really short. But, it was a funny experience. The only bit of music tuition I've ever had.

Bass guitar was about a year or two later. I enjoy playing it, and you can get some sexy sounds out of it. Then, acoustic really has only been the last few years or so. I go through phases with that: Sometimes I'll sit and play for hours. Sometimes I'll go weeks without touching it. Work and other stuff tends to get in the way. But, if I hear a great song and I want to learn how to play the music for it, I'll pick it up and strum away.

I love the guitars, but I think my heart will always belong to the drums. One day I'm going to get myself a new kit and just...pimp eet up. New cymbals, maybe a double bass pedal/drum. And a new seat. I borked mine somehow! I can't raise or lower it.

Had some piano lessons when I was younger, but didn't learn much. I've played the drums a bit, experimented with an ocarina, but I'm still best at the piano. It doesn't say much, though. I can only play one real piece, but it was self-taught from tutorials on YouTube. I have a good sense of music, but I can barely read notes and am not professional in any way or form.

Oh, but I'd like to try to learn to play the guitar.

Fuck you, I'm the Music Man. :blank:

:p

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain you don't come from down my way! (this is lame)

Are you sure? I'm pretty certain you don't come from down my way! (this is lame)

Pervert.

(but fun)

I used to be ok with the spoons too.

And you might be interested to see my instruments.

9920_132862439116_707239116_2585405_6801434_n.jpg

11266_169027779116_707239116_2889846_1598322_n.jpg

11266_169027784116_707239116_2889847_7463150_n.jpg

How much did those cymbals cost you, Rizz?

Nice pedals, too. I'm really not happy with my bass pedal, but then the kit I bought wasn't a great model. Trying my friend's kit made me really jealous.

Does anyone know where i could get a cheap/affordable keyboard?

I would prefer a 61 key key board, but its not important.

I have that same duvet design Rizz, awesome.

Does anyone know where i could get a cheap/affordable keyboard?

Cash Converters.

I got the Paiste PST5 for a good price on Ebay, about £200 I think, though they retail for closer to £280. The Stagg was only £25 but was quite good, sadly it's broken now and is replaced with a PST3, which is fucking awful, never buy those cymbals. The AAX I got of Ebay pretty cheap too, about £70.

Then the kit, Sonor Force 2005, got a good deal and got it for £500 instead of £680ish. The pedals were £100 (but are now more expensive for some reason :?) And don't forget stands, stools, case for cymbals, loads of sticks, new skins when I finally replace them. Must be easily over £1000 on that now.

Then the electric kit was £1500.

Then £230 for the guitar (a present though), and I think £130 for the amp.

Damn music is expensive.