NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dante

Motorstorm 3

made2game - Motorstrorm Leaked

E3 is around the corner, and once again Sony’s secrets are getting out at a faster rate than ever, this time with some leaked images of Motorstorm 3

Back in march Motorstorm 3 was caught on PSN, so we pretty much knew it was coming, and now some screens have been leaked onto the net and provided even more evidence that a 3rd Motorstorm game is coming.

The screens show a San Francisco setting, as well as destruction. If you look at the screen that shows collapsing buildings, you can see a prompt button at the bottom of the screen, this maybe a similar mechanic to Split/Second, in which you have buildings and other structures collapse on your opponents, or it could just be an action shot for some pre determined mayhem, this is San Francisco after all and the city isn’t exactly new to earthquakes and destruction.

motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-11_09030001BC00041215.jpg

motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-18_09030001BE00041217.jpg

motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-2_09030001A500041214.jpg

motorstorm-3-motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-5_09030001BE00041216.jpg

motorstorm-3-leaked-pictures-4_09030001BB00041213.jpg

Edited by Dante

Christ, it's sequel heaven on PS3 at the moment. I'm fine with that too, because they keep improving by quite a margin - Killzone, Resistance, Motorstorm and LBP are series which have seen vastly updated.

From this I'd like to see a greater sense of speed than the last 2. It definitely existed but the turbo always seemed to be maxed and for me it was rare to get that real sense of BOOST POWERS! Also, a better drift/turning system that doesn't make your vehicle slow down to such an extent.

Cooky will be pleased at this, if I end up getting it we'll have to try our demolition plan again somehow (i.e. driving backwards for epic crashes).

Okay, I didn't really like MS. Didn't feel very speedy and I like tight games where the cars have grip.

Those screenshots look slick though and hopefully the urban setting will mean there's some solid burning rubber. Colour me excited.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say - running over stray people for ultimate win!

It would be nice if there were some non-American cities. Basically I want to see a ruined London.

I'd also love it if it were open world like Burnout Paradise. Loved that game so much. Must have clocked in at least 100 hours on it.

Cooky will be pleased at this, if I end up getting it we'll have to try our demolition plan again somehow (i.e. driving backwards for epic crashes).

Yup I'm delighted - Played the crap out of Motorstorm 2!

In before the Dante. New screenshot.

4680586262_2bd2449449_o.jpg

Edited by Daft

If this doesn't feature the kind of bullshit from Split Second I may consider aiming to get the platinum for this.

That's the problem though, I don't know what the gimmick or big change to the game will be. Pacific Rift basically just had a massively more diverse environment and colour (as well as elemental effects on boost) , but because the sales of the game aren't brilliant I feel they might kill this by trying something too different.

I doubt you'll be able to trigger events. I suspect it'll be more along the lines that the course will change over the race in a set way.

Here we go.

4687936165_918d4c734c.jpg

4686587384_ab94ee2a0c_b.jpg

4686587260_d2804cb5cd_b.jpg

4686587296_0e00083af0_b.jpg

You May Have Heard…We’re Heading to the City!

But this is no ordinary city. In the same way that the first MotorStorm was set in Monument Valley, and MotorStorm Pacific Rift was set on ‘The Island’, inspired by Hawaii and other Pacific islands, we’ve set this MotorStorm in ‘The City’, inspired by the West Coast of America, and, in particular, the Bay Area of California.

MotorStorm’s brand of racing is not about ‘going urban’ though. We all know that the lunatic ‘Stormers would take every expectation about street racing and turn it upside-down. So this is what they’ve done. Welcome to Brutal Urban Off-Road Racing!

Post Apocalyptic? NO!

The city has been abandoned and somewhat damaged after a tremor. When the ‘Stormers find this out, they head straight in. Pretty soon, two things become clear: it isn’t completely empty and Mother Nature isn’t done yet!

Throughout the game the city will be ripped to pieces, in real-time, as you race. Routes will be affected, as will our emergent gameplay.

Buggies using collapsing walls as half-pipes. Big Rigs on the rooftops of skyscrapers as they collapse. Superbikes gunning into the basements of enormous rifts. Supercars flicking on their headlights to barrel through the subways and sewers. Multi-vehicle pile ups on giant bridges as they buckle and twist. Driving through someone’s office and smashing up their desks. It’s all there.

Two groups have also stayed behind, and neither takes too kindly to MotorStorm’s arrival. I’ll talk more about them another time, but for now I’ll say that when they realise there isn’t going to be much of a city left, they start to destroy it too.

This isn’t post-apocalyptic. It’s apocalyptic. You are there when it happens. It’s survival racing.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/10/introducing-motorstorm-apocalypse

Constructive comment there. Thanks.

I'm looking forward to the new car classes. Eurogamer's hands on sounds like they've got some interesting ideas. Wreckreation, especially.

Also, I want to hear more about the buildings falling down permanently. How does that work exactly?

I was going to pick apart that truly dreadful press release but then realised I'd just be replying to the whole lot. You don't think that's an awful press release?

It just feels and look desperate to be cool and edgy:

Post Apocalyptic? NO!

This isn’t post-apocalyptic. It’s apocalyptic

Sounds awful!

I don't care about the press release. I care about the game.

I only wish it was open world. I need another Burnout Paradise.

So am I not allowed to comment on it?

As for the game, well the first two I should have liked more than I did. We'll see. I just don't want the survival bit of the the 'survival racing' to take over the racing bit.

Obviously you are. "Oh dear..." wasn't exactly a specific comment.

I like the idea of a story driven single player mode. It'll be nice if they could do something original with it...not sure how they'd do that. Maybe have mission races. Dunno.

Edited by Daft

A more Burnout Paradise approach? That'd be good actually. With the City getting worse and worse as you play through. Would be like Disaster: Day of Crisis meets Burnout.

I think it'll act as more of a setting though with just time triggered effects.

Also, I want to hear more about the buildings falling down permanently. How does that work exactly?

Just wondered if you've ever played Waverace? It may be like that where each lap some aesthetic change is made to the course.

In this it would obviously be more extreme, I think the way it'll work is that as the first person crosses a point, an event will trigger, and if you get caught and destroyed in the rucus, you'll spawn in front of the accident after a time penalty or something, then the next lap you take the new opened up routes. (or should I say closed-up?)

I'm genuinely excited about this, as the guys behind the project seem to really be pushing for a blockbuster title, and taking MW-like ideas in their online modes. The IGN preview gives you a good idea of the passion:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/109/1095814p1.html

It seems like the sense of speed, the rush to avoid hazards, explosions and slightly looser handling could make this an absolute stonker. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it unless there's a major faulty component, I initially had doubt about the environment, but the multitude of circuits and surfaces and environments really appear to match the gameplay of the series. I must say I hadn't really given any thought to the game showing at E3, but the memories of how close Pacific Rift came to being incredible have started spinning my mind.

Exploding through office buildings can only ever be described as a win.

Awesome. The tracks from that looked fairly linear though, sharp turns please!

Sign in to follow this