NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Looks good, much better than I expected it too. Was a huge fan of the 007 games on the Gamecube, but Quantum of Solace didn't leave much of an impression, so I'm hoping this delivers, as it obviously going to feature similar missions and set-pieces from Rare's game.

Can't belive this is going to be a Wii exclusive. Hope it sells well. Wii FPS fans have plenty too look forward to this Winter :grin:

I'm pretty surprised it's Wii exclusive too to be honest. Unless this is paving the way for the original to be re-released on XBLA/PSN? I know which version i'd choose, knee skating ftw.

Well perhaps because Nintendo own some share of it they've only let Activision do it if its Wii exclusive?

Well perhaps because Nintendo own some share of it they've only let Activision do it if its Wii exclusive?

This. I'd be extremely surprised otherwise.

Looks horrible. How are the going to make this play well at all if they change the gameplay?

To be honest, I'm not really bothered about the way it looks, I'm more interested in the game-play and good controls.

That opening shot is exactly like the opening of the dam level. Only difference is that Bond is on top of the gate coming into the dam level with another guy. Has to be 006. No sean bean by the looks of it neither.

Oh and the graphics look great in that dam scene. Water over dam looks great too. It's obviously an early build and it will be a nice jaunt down memory lane. The jaws model looks awful though. Rare had artistic talent, no amount of graphical horsepower can change that.

Daniel Craig as James Bond...? In GoldenEye? icon_rolleyes.gif

I do think Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery, but GoldenEye is Pierce Brosnan's show, this is wrong.

To be honest, I'm not really bothered about the way it looks, I'm more interested in the game-play and good controls.

That's exactly what the guy you responded to said.

I do think Daniel Craig is the best Bond since Connery, but GoldenEye is Pierce Brosnan's show, this is wrong.

I think that Activision only have the rights to use Craig.

In fact, pretty much any weirdness in regards to this game can probably be traced back to the mixed cocktail that are the rights.

Thanks for pointing that out.

And no, it isn't exactly what he said, although they are pretty similar.

My main point I was trying to make is that, I'm not bothered about the way the game looks, although it would be nice if it was a little bit better.

He doesn't say it directly, but you can tell by the tone of his post, that he is bothered about the graphics being a bit shitty.

Can't belive this is going to be a Wii exclusive.

The budget would shoot up massively if it was on the 360/PS3.

It definitely had some of the Goldeneye feel, but it also felt fresh and different. Oddjob!

Fantastic to see the toilet infiltration again. If I can still shoot his hat off without him noticing, it will be a must-buy for me.

Didnt like it as a huge goldeneye fan i just feel like cursing Kotick.

What would make me jump for joy is if they put Wii codes in and put it online, give it more than just off-line multi-player. It was done for Perfect Dark on the 360

What would make me jump for joy is if they put Wii codes in and put it online, give it more than just off-line multi-player. It was done for Perfect Dark on the 360

It does have online multiplayer.

Just noticed this in the Press Release :-

GoldenEye 007 features an unprecedented lineup of four-player split-screen MP options that encourage social gaming, including 40 total characters, 8 classic Bond characters, 5 maps, 3 standard modes and 16 special modifiers that allow gamers to create hundreds of game combinations. GoldenEye 007 also features online multiplayer for up to 8 players designed for seasoned FPS online gamers with unique modes and a robust XP system for unlockables and achievements. GoldenEye 007 also supports the Classic Controller Pro™ for gamers who want to play with standard FPS controls and the Wii Zapper™ for “point and shoot” gamers; players will have several control scheme options, allowing them to experience GoldenEye 007 on Wii any way they want.

Nice! Hopefully there's Wii Speak support aswell, which shouldn't be too hard to manage with 8 players online.

Also, the new Official Nintendo mag is out tomorrow, and this is the cover story :-

screenshot_30186.jpg

This is truly the day Nintendo gave back to the fans.

David you were spot on with your prediction.

Ocarina of Time remake has been announced for the 3DS by the way.

It does have online multiplayer.

Excuse me one moment please.

*Jumping for joy*

There, thats better.

I didn't know it had online multi-player. Now all i need to do is look at developments of the game to continue to wet my appetite.

Well, there's just the fact that most people whom are big fans of the original have stuck with Nintendo. PS3-players don't want a remake of a 13 year old game based off a 15 year old movie.

It seems like Activision have attempted to make the game that Rare dreamed of back in the day, but couldn't do due to technical limitations. Did anyone notice the boat in the rain. The same rain as on what undoubtedly was the dam level? Makes me think that Activision added the boat that you can put back with Gameshark/action replay on the original.

I just hope that they'll get better controls than in the other Wii bond game!

Sounds like Nintendo demanded a remake of Goldeneye with Wii exclusivity in return for allowing the original to appear on Xbox Live. Pretty good for Nintendo fans anyway - if they do it right, and I've got a lot of faith in Eurocom. They worked on TWINE on N64 and that was pretty good!

Anyone else notice the DS logo sitting at the bottom of the official website for this game yet?

http://www.goldeneyegame.com/reveal/?lang=en

Seems that it may also be coming to the DS but nothing has been said so far.

Click game overview. There is a NDS (most likely Nintendo DS) option that says coming soon if you select it.

That's what I don't feel comfortable with. If they had kept Brosnan in there (is Trevelyan/Sean Bean still there?) then I would be much happier. But, replacing him with Craig is wrong. It would be similar to releasing Star Wars: A New Hope and having Obi Wan's/Alec Guiness's parts replaced by Ewan McGregor. I like the old stuff, the way it was created in the first place. I'm all for a remake, but this is a bit wrong, in my opinion.

If they wanted to put Craig in there, then why not just make a new game? Why remake the old game with him?