NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

Same. I'd feel better with Brosnan and Sean in there over Daniel Craig. Brosnan > Craig to me.

My best guess...

I think that Activision only have the rights to use Craig.

They've got a lot to live up to on the music for this. Grant Kirkhope now works for THQ. Could they draft him in?

I know all about the rights issue, but it won't be Goldeneye without the original characters. So, wouldn't it have been far easier to make a "true" successor to Goldeneye? This is somewhere between a half-baked remake and a new game, without really being either. Really, people are just seeing the Goldeneye name and going crazy for that. Goldeneye in name doesn't neccessarily mean Goldeneye in soul.

I'm being negative about it, and that's really to do with the memory of the original. It's a great game, but part of me feels like the memory of the game is being tarnished. It's a classic, so leave it as one. :heh:

They've got a lot to live up to on the music for this.

Heh, would have mentioned this too. But I recently listened to the music from it and it's a lot worse than I remember.

What is brilliant, however, is pretty much everything from GoldenEye: Source. My goodness that music is gold.

Heh, would have mentioned this too. But I recently listened to the music from it and it's a lot worse than I remember.

Haha, yep. The End Credits music is, and always was, an abomination; as was the horrible rotating cardboard box of jungle that played in the background. An insult of an ending really. [Thinking about it.. from the sequel-tease McGuffin of Kazooie, to the 'hilarious' non-event of Perfect Dark, to DK64 (nuff said), pathetic endings were something of a Rare specialty ;)]

Not all Goldeneye's original tracks are so bad though ;)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Edited by Lens of Truth

gotta admit i wasnt expecting great things from this, if anything i thought it would be a goldeneye rouge agent 2 really.

but im glad to see otherwise. looks like it could be a brilliant game. i'll wait for information and levels and such, but if they keep all the original levels (which it looks like by the dam level) then i'll be pretty chuffed with it.

Unlike the game, I actually really liked the music from the film. I thought it had a really inspired, industrial feel to it. I liked it, it was original. If they could do something like that in the game (or just anything like GoldenEye: Source), I'd be happy.

This has really impressed me, not justa straight remake up a reimagining of the original. They seem to have put effort into the graphics as well as providing classic and Wii remote control schemes.

Finally the age old debate of which is better as an FPS control scheme can be settled in a battle.

I just saw the worst thing ever as I was browsing through some images...

goldeneye-007-20100615013437788_640w.jpg

There's a mouse cursor in the top right hand side of the image! How could they leave that there :P

There's a mouse cursor in the top right hand side of the image! How could they leave that there :P

Its like the FF XIII Xbox 360 screenshot debacle all over again. :laughing:

What is brilliant, however, is pretty much everything from GoldenEye: Source. My goodness that music is gold.

haha ya was just going to say, i'm not sure why everyone always raved over the music in goldeneye lol. It did create a good atmosphere i'll say that for it.

I'm curious - this supports the Classic controllers but has GC controller compatibility been mentioned? Because I think it's pretty stupid on Eurocom/Activision's part to not include it!

Unless they've got the motion controls down to an art?

Edited by Pookiablo

I have no idea, I would like to know that myself since I only have a GC controller but even so, I probably wouldn't use the controller, I do prefer using the Wiimote and Nunchuk for FPS games. I loved Goldeneye so this is a definite buy for me but Daniel Craig? Ugh!

Still, I'm very much looking forward to this! :D:D:D

Edited by Animal

I just saw the worst thing ever as I was browsing through some images...

goldeneye-007-20100615013437788_640w.jpg

I'm more surprised with that gun.

1) It's an FN SCAR. That gun went into production in like 2000, and was thereby not in existence when the game takes place.

2) The top of the gun seems to be the standard paint. The lower receiver and parts of the red dot sight on the other side are tan. The FN SCAR only comes in entirely tan or entierly black.

3) There's a red dot sight mounted on rails. While red dot sights existed in the 70's, they weren't common until yet again after the turn of the millenium. Same goes for rails.

And also, has anyone got an idea of what level that is? Camo and guns say that those enemies aren't russians, so it's not either of the Surface levels.

Anyways, from the trailer I believe I reckognise what should be pretty much unchanged versions of:

Dam

Facility

Archives

Surface

The mission directly based on the movie sets should have pretty much the same layout - I remember Rare saying they had access to all the film set diagrams and pretty much took those wholesale. This new game also has a Bond set designer helping with the levels.

I think I'll rent it to play the singleplayer a couple of times (once on Normal and once on Veteran). Sounds like an entertaining romp around linear levels. I'm expecting around 5 hours in length.

I think I'll rent it to play the singleplayer a couple of times (once on Normal and once on Veteran). Sounds like an entertaining romp around linear levels. I'm expecting around 5 hours in length.

But what about the endless multiplayer?

But what about the endless multiplayer?

As it stands, I probably couldn't cope with the online system. Plus I don't enjoy these multiplayer games if I'm not with a group of people I can chat with - hence why it didn't take long for me to get rid of Modern Warfare 2.

This is actually starting to sound like quite a good game! Let's hope the final product is worth it!

This is actually starting to sound like quite a good game! Let's hope the final product is worth it!

Activision are publishing it, so if they get Treyarch to hand over some of their Wii tech, the controls etc should be spot on.