NEurope
Ren of Heavens

GoldenEye 007

No doubt be taken down again soon.

It's starting to hit the popular press (well... GoNintendo, anyway), so I doubt they'll bother.

So it is a cheap game made with the CoD4 engine with nothing to do with the original.

It's starting to hit the popular press (well... GoNintendo, anyway), so I doubt they'll bother.

Well Nintendo may have leaked it to piss off Microsoft :p

Still, looks fun. Should be a nice nostalgia trip.

Famke Jensen voice over please!

I think it's a remake with extra levels thrown in isn't it?! I hope so anyway... in the trailer I noticed a couple of bits straight from N64 version.

So it is a cheap game made with the CoD4 engine with nothing to do with the original.

Same story and basic gameplay?

What an unusual annoucement? Is this really want fans wanted?

What fans want and what they'll buy if made are two different things :heh:

yep as it was always going to be...due to the licenses of the game and the fact thats its a very dated game.

Same story and basic gameplay?

The trailer looks like it has the same basic gameplay as CoD4, not GoldenEye.

What fans want and what they'll buy if made are two different things :heh:

Hopefully not all fans. This one kinda screams cash-in from the cash-in company themselves activision.

I do hold out some hope that it will be the first decent 4 player-split screen fps experience on the wii.

The trailer looks like it has the same basic gameplay as CoD4, not GoldenEye.

I've not played CoD4 but I doubt that it let you play Ceiling Cat in public bathrooms.

yep as it was always going to be...due to the licenses of the game and the fact thats its a very dated game.

It's going to be one of them games that i'll have to see more of in order to pursuade me/pull me into buying. It does look like, in my eyes a game that could do the original justice or make a mockery out of.

Obviously, the licensing is an issue with the original game. But some of the sections do look like they are directly bought from the N64, so licensing may have been solved to some extent.

It's going to be one of them games that i'll have to see more of in order to pursuade me/pull me into buying. It does look like, in my eyes a game that could do the original justice or make a mockery out of.

Obviously, the licensing is an issue with the original game. But some of the sections do look like they are directly bought from the N64, so licensing may have been solved to some extent.

Probably just made the levels look unrecognisable so no level design was copied.

Do nintendo own the level designs? If so is there any chance this could be a sort of collaboration?

Somehow I have a fear of nintendo showing this at their 3d conference as their surprise hardcore title. I'd prefer if Activision showed it at theirs.

Probably just made the levels look unrecognisable so no level design was copied.

Do nintendo own the level designs? If so is there any chance this could be a sort of collaboration?

Somehow I have a fear of nintendo showing this at their 3d conference as their surprise hardcore title. I'd prefer if Activision showed it at theirs.

Some scenes do look similar, just with beefed up graphics/added stuff. Don't Ninty own the code to the original, but can't release it without Activision and Rare agreeing on it (as Rare worked on the original and Activision owning the rights to Bond)

Bloody hell, wasn't expecting that - looks like it could potentially even be quite good! Looks like a remake of the actual film - some parts look similar to the Rare game but I think it's more a case of the Rare game looking similar to the film to begin with.

Won't get my hopes up but impressive.

Just (finally) saw the trailer. Looks like it might be by first Wii purchase in a while - a new splitscreen game is in order amongst my friends back home, I feel.

Looks awesome. I was a bit weirded out when I noticed the changed but it makes sense. Can't wait.

Don't suppose anyone knows where the trailer can still be found..?

Meh. Loved the original, so thought i'd might feel something for this watching the trailer.

Just looks like a poor effort to me :/ Looks a bit sloppy...

I actually don't know how I feel about this.

On one hand I'm happy that there seems to be some new content, not to mention some re-imagined areas (Dam with ran looks lovely), but it also feels like a cash in on the original.

Still, consider me interested!

Looks horrible. How are the going to make this play well at all if they change the gameplay?

Looks horrible. How are the going to make this play well at all if they change the gameplay?

Good point - every good fps since 1997 has exactly emulated the goldeneye gameplay.

Oh wait...