NEurope
flameboy

Retro City Rampage

175375-rcr.jpg

There's nothing I don't like about Retro City Rampage. Rather, there's nothing I don't like about this ridiculous advertisement for Retro City Rampage. Besides referencing Back to the Future, it has what looks to be an updated NES Zapper and also tells us we'll be able to "collect loose change from jaywalkers."

The game is -- somewhat surprisingly -- coming to WiiWare this fall. It started life as an independently developed 8-bit open-world affair cleverly called Grand Theftendo. Details are scarce at this point, but it certainly looks rad based on the tiny shots shown above.

Rest assured, we'll keep an eye out so you don't necessarily have to.

LOOKS AMAZING...

DO WANT!

This game looks stunning, hopefully it plays as good as it looks.

Hate me.

Nothing. Not a single WiiWare game. Actually, the only Wii game I've played in the last year was Super Mario Galaxy 2...and I stopped after beating the final boss.

What's the latest with Wii...stopped playing last year and never looked back!

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS GAME!?!?!??!

It's still happening...but XBLA timed exclusive now....

It's still happening...but XBLA timed exclusive now....

Lololol It's almost like Super Meat Boy all over again! :heh:

This better get released on the Wii too though because as much as it doesn't matter to me - I'll get it on XBLA - for Wii-only owners it'd be an unnecessary kick in the teeth.

Lololol It's almost like Super Meat Boy all over again! :heh:

This better get released on the Wii too though because as much as it doesn't matter to me - I'll get it on XBLA - for Wii-only owners it'd be an unnecessary kick in the teeth.

It was going to be release on the Wii last month but moved back to Autumn 2011 because it came a XBLA timed exclusive (Summer 2011). :sad:

Edited by Dante

for Wii-only owners it'd be an unnecessary kick in the teeth.

If it happens it'll hopefully convince Nintendo that 40MB is a stupidly low limit. Microsoft struggled with a 150MB for a while, but have since made it unlimited.

(On a side-note, Nintendo need to get rid of this blocks nonsense. MB/GB is used regularly enough that most people should understand it - the blocks thing just causes confusion)

If it happens it'll hopefully convince Nintendo that 40MB is a stupidly low limit. Microsoft struggled with a 150MB for a while, but have since made it unlimited.

It's 2GB, but that' still certainly a lot better than Nintendo's size limit. :indeed:

It's 2GB, but that' still certainly a lot better than Nintendo's size limit. :indeed:

Strange. At the time that article was written there were two XBLA games out at 2.1GB (the same size as Oddworld).

That is strange. At least with Nintendo you know what the limit is, even if it is ridiculously low.

I would guess that 2GB is a limit that allows for a little bit of leeway, but tops devs from going for 5.5GB games etc.

But lol at the Nintendo limit.

Nintendo's 40MB limit on Wii-Ware = the size of an update for a 2GB limit XBLA title.

Just to put things into perspective...

Major Bump!

Still on it's way to WiiWare.

I'd actually prefer it on 3DS now. Maybe we'll see a hard to find retail copy released for the handheld a few months after release :heh: