NEurope
Mokong

Eurovision 2010

Is nobody else watching this this year? There's usually a thread here every year...

Anyway, just watching it now, apparently I heard Ireland are one of the favs to win, would be nice to finally win it again but I'm hoping for Turkey to win. A nice rock band, reminds me of when Lordi won it (sans costumes), plus I love the name "MaNga", any rock and/or anime fan should be voting for these, haha... if anything to piss off the people who would think rock still doesn't belong in the Eurovision \m/

Hey, I'm watching too.

Ireland and Turkey were great. But I liked Belgium the most.

Also, I think the Portuguese song is nothing special. And I usually like them.

Oh, and LOL at France :laughing:

lol at spain :D

ya my unbiased faves are Ireland and belgium.. Denmark was good but sounded very like " i wanna know what love is" and the girl couln't really sing.

Liking the intemission performace, liked how they had things planed in all the countries that was nice.

Was it just me that thought the person from Serbia was a woman until Norton declared otherwise. He was the most effeminate looking man I've ever seen.

Nothing particularly great this year. At a push, I'd say Turkey were the best. But I do admit that the intermission bit was better than everything else.

Ive watched the recaps but thats it, no country seemed to stand out for me this year. Kind of wish id done something with my friends for it now though as weve done in the past, bored here at the moment.

Serbia was a guilty pleasure.

Campy songs are always so fun, right?

Belgium is doing great!

Seems like Germany takes it this year. It's my favourite so I hope so.

Poor Norway. Pretty much everyone in Norway predicted Norway to win again.

My top 5 were

Germany

Romania

Moldova

Azerbaijan

Armenia

Edited by Tales

Did anyone catch the Graham Norton comment about the Iceland lady enjoying peanuts? Me and Ine were in tears.

My top five were:

Albania

Moldova

France

Greece

Denmark

With Belgium up there. Also that Armenian singer had fantastic...apricots.

Okay, I really like Germany's song, but I really don't like her voice! It's like she semi-sings, making it sound like she's out of key.

EDIT: Oh, and her accent being thick doesn't help.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Did anyone catch the Graham Norton comment about the Iceland lady enjoying peanuts? Me and Ine were in tears.

You know, Norton's no Wogan but he's certainly much better this year than last. More 'catty' especially when it's come to some of the people giving out the results. He's made some cracking comments, such as the one you mentioned.

So yeh, Germany has basically won. I didn't really listen to the song but from what I heard it wasn't awful. UK at the bottom. Oops. But I will say I think we only did well last year because of Andrew Lloyd Webber being associated with the entry but really, it's no surprise that we've come last. We really should do something different from the norm instead of the pop stuff. Worked for Finland.

You know, Norton's no Wogan but he's certainly much better this year than last. More 'catty' especially when it's come to some of the people giving out the results. He's made some cracking comments, such as the one you mentioned.

So yeh, Germany has basically won. I didn't really listen to the song but from what I heard it wasn't awful. UK at the bottom. Oops. But I will say I think we only did well last year because of Andrew Lloyd Webber being associated with the entry but really, it's no surprise that we've come last. We really should do something different from the norm instead of the pop stuff. Worked for Finland.

He's been quite good this year. I've laughed a few times. :laughing:

Yeah, the UK just tries to "out-sing" the others. I'd love to see us give a performance like Greece did, or France even.

The true winners of the night are the men. Thank you, Armenia.

Who gave us our undeserving points?... Ireland?

I think we gave ye some for sure.

The Irish commentator is going mad Ireland did so poor, doesn't bother me much, they always seem to go for the ballad or pop song (minus last years joke song), wish they'd get there head out there asses and try something with a bit more edge (ie: rock).

I was very close with my Turkey prediction, but Germany just pulled away. Well done anyway:D

haha once again fail thank you eurovision now please PLEASE get rid of televoting.

Lol I don't get why everybody went crazy with Germany. Like her hips though.

Lol I don't get why everybody went crazy with Germany. Like her hips though.

thats because the song was number 1 in 21 countries before the competition, going platinum..

In that case ireland should have just done a u2 song :D

Hey! Congrats to Germany. Lena was my fav. (=

I'm Turkish but I didn't like our song. The band is very popular in Turkey.

If you are interesting, must watch this videos;

Firstly:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="280" height="50">
Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Secondly:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="280" height="50">
Broadcast Yourself
Audio