NEurope
Menkor

Recommended third party accessories?

As the topic says, are there any recommended third party accessories for the Wii?

I have seen plenty of battery chargers and Wiimotes, but I have never heard of the brands before

I am mostly looking for a battery charger for now(preferably one that doesn't charge through the Wii), but I saw that the third party stuff is alot cheaper than Nintendo's stuff

Don't even bother with the battery chargers. Just get some rechargeable AAs and a charger for them and you're all set. Pretty much everything else 3rd party is worthless.

Don't even bother with the battery chargers. Just get some rechargeable AAs and a charger for them and you're all set. Pretty much everything else 3rd party is worthless.

I would usually agree here but I have a Nyko charger that replaces my Wiimote backs with a battery pack and rubber grip and they're pretty darn good. Get a lot of life out of them and the design isn't clunky or out of shape.

Also, third-party component cables tend to be just as good as Nintendo's official one, but cost a fraction of the price.

I used to have the Nyko charger, it was very good and was pleased with the battery performance & the rubber grip too. However one day it just died on me and I had to get a refund. So now I just use rechargeable AA batteries with no problem.

I've had a charger with two special batteries included for about a year now. Works excellent. I can't believe Nintendo haven't got an official equivelant.

Then Classic Game Room showed a third party zapper, with the difference that it's got all the buttons from the nunchuck built in.

Yet again, Nintendo should make something very similar, rather than the crappy plastic shell that the real Zapper is.

Or better yet:

I was allways annoyed that the zappers trigger was at the front, rather than on the rear and the fact that the zapper has no butstock. Plus as usual, it's better to let the addon have its own buttons, rather than have pieces of plastic that push the actual button.

Darkjak, what brand is your battery charger from?

I have looked at rechargeable AAs, but the charging device and batteries can be quite expensive...I also don't know anything up front that I could use them for besides the Wii

The only third party stuff I have bought before is my RGB cable for the 360 and a memory card for the GC, and they have at least worked well

All the Wii Remote specific chargers I've seen have been overpriced for what they are, and they only work with the Wii Remote. A charger and a set of AA batteries can be found for quite cheap, and can be used for other things.

As for component cables, seeing as they're analog cables, I wouldn't risk buying cheap cables that could end up giving horrible picture quality if the Nintendo ones are affordable. Although, if they review well, fair enough.

I usually find the Logic 3 stuff pretty good (or have I just been lucky?). I have their white Gamecube pad, and it's very good imho. Nice stick and the feel is very much as I remember the original.

I have looked at rechargeable AAs, but the charging device and batteries can be quite expensive...

£11 for a charger plus 4 batteries. I bought one of those from Sainsbury's or Asda over three years ago (actually, mine are a lower capacity), they've been used a lot but they still work perfectly.