NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Colours

The last sonic game I bought was sonic and his secret ring. It was awful. I'm getting quite interested in this title though so I really hope it's not another disappointment. It doesn't look too bad so far.

The last sonic game I bought was sonic and his secret ring. It was awful. I'm getting quite interested in this title though so I really hope it's not another disappointment. It doesn't look too bad so far.

Didn't you feel Secret Rings could have been good though? I played it and was just baffled but poor design choices and what seemed to be unresponsive jumping which basically ruined it.

I loved Secret Rings. Guess i'm too easily pleased...

I loved it too. Never had a problem with the jumping, either.

I loved it too. Never had a problem with the jumping, either.

Yea me neither... tho i had massive problems going backward.

I found it had a slight delay when you went to jump, I don't know whether it's just me being spoilt by the excellent platforming in Mario games, but it just felt a little off to me. Moving backwards was also nightmarish. Saying that Secret Rings was a big commercial hit and SEGA did really well off it.

If this manages to play as good as it looks, it'll be a winner. I know Nintendo has let Sega make game with Mario in them, well I wish Sega would let Nintendo develop a proper 3D Sonic game, a bit liek the reverse of what happened with F-Zero GX.

I'm still waiting for them to announce a second half of the game. Perhaps this time it'll be an awful roller-coaster tycoon rip-off.

I get the joke, but just to reassure everyone, there is no other gimmick in this game.

No other character modes, no werehog, etc. It's just Sonic running through a variety of levels.

The game's defining "gimmick" is simply the wisp system, which is just like level specific powerups which honestly look pretty fun anyway.

Cube, you're going to laugh when you realise this but you've accidentally typed "scary" instead of "crap".

So what do you guys to think to the rumours on those two new Sonic games? Surprised no ones posted anything here and just in case you missed it *details*

The anniversary game sounds like it's made of all kinds of win - it has the potential to be one heck of a nostalgia fueled adrenaline rush for the modern gamer. And as for the M&S game, I still can't seeing it being a platformer - I just don't see Nintendo letting Mario going bouncing around to another company's drum beat.

PS3, Wii, NDS and PSP. Weird combination of consoles. You reckon each version will have different levels?

Anyway, I'll wait for footage. Sega have been screwing up their ports and remakes lately.

As for Mario and Sonic... I am not expecting anything other than London.

So what do you guys to think to the rumours on those two new Sonic games? Surprised no ones posted anything here and just in case you missed it *details*.

Pretty interesting. Played the Green Hill remake in SA2 and it was a lot shorter in 3D than the 2D version. Not sure if they cut parts of the level out though, I know they cut out most of the badniks.

And as for the M&S game

I'm not the only one who read that and thought, 'Why are Marks and Spencer making a Sonic game?' am I? :p

I'm actually fairly interested in this game, i may just pick it up. I did think about getting the Limited Edition version but that figure is horrid!

So what do you guys to think to the rumours on those two new Sonic games? Surprised no ones posted anything here and just in case you missed it *details*

I'd be more excited about a Megadrive version of Sonic 4 :grin:

Pretty interesting. Played the Green Hill remake in SA2 and it was a lot shorter in 3D than the 2D version. Not sure if they cut parts of the level out though, I know they cut out most of the badniks.

GHZ Act1 is incredibly short -

They cut a lot of enemies but the level was all there.

It really was quite a rubbish 'remake'!

I was just watching that exact clip :)

I certainly wouldn't call it rubbish - it's pretty faithful really.

The main problem with remaking the levels is that Sonic has travels as so many more Miles Per hour than he used to do. They'll be incredibly short.

Wait, what?!?! There was a Green Hill Zone remake in Sonic Adventure 2? Since when? I played both the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions to death and never saw that. Sure it wasn't just a remake using the SA2 engine? I don't have a copy of the game to check myself but I'm sure I that was never in any copy of the game I had.

GHZ Act1 is incredibly short -

They cut a lot of enemies but the level was all there.

Felt a lot shorter in the remake to me.

Wait, what?!?! There was a Green Hill Zone remake in Sonic Adventure 2? Since when? I played both the Dreamcast and Gamecube versions to death and never saw that. Sure it wasn't just a remake using the SA2 engine? I don't have a copy of the game to check myself but I'm sure I that was never in any copy of the game I had.

It was in the both versions, you need to get all the emblems to unlock it.