NEurope
mcj metroid

Sonic Colours

Here's the goodness that myself and Ganepark were talking about.

Lol check out the bit at about 1:25-1:30. Wall kick skills fail. :p

Lol check out the bit at about 1:25-1:30. Wall kick skills fail. :p

We're known since 1997 that wall kicks will work.. but some people will never learn :heh:

Shameless plug time :p

The Bits 'n' Bytes review is up for your viewing pleasure.

Just before facing the boss, I had a thought, almost a wish, which to my surprise actually came true.

Terminal Velocity Act 2

:)

Sonic destroys the bases/contraptions of Eggman all the time but the escape is often relegated to a fancy cutscene when all you want to play it so I was most pleased when this level kicked in... even if it barely lasts a minute.

Sure, it's not much more than an interactive cutscene really, given your input, but it's a nice addition.

Man, I really want to get this. Saying that, I still need to get round to getting many games :heh:

The Bits 'n' Bytes review is up for your viewing pleasure.

Man, you guys give a lot of 9's! ;)

Back onto topic, this game has some beautiful orchestrated music at some times. Except that wisp stuff, which is horrid.

Man, you guys give a lot of 9's! ;)

Back onto topic, this game has some beautiful orchestrated music at some times. Except that wisp stuff, which is horrid.

Our scoring policy is currently the hot topic behind the scenes and is under going an extensive review.

I was toying with giving it an 8 but I had so much fun, and it's so good on a technical level that I thought it deserved it. But I love the genre so I'm bound to enjoy it more than some but it doesn't detract from its merits.

This is the best outing Sonic has had for years and he only manages it make it to number 36 in the all formats chart. :(

Entering the all formats chart at all is better than what most games manage. Sonic is a big-boy franchise, and this has been released at a very lucrative time indeed. It'll do perfectly fine over Christmas. May even be one of those games that sees a big spike by week 3ish. The Rabbids games are often like that, and Colours is exactly the same sort of kid-friendly package that could do wonders over the holidays.

Wow that does look amazing! I was on the fence with this but I think I'll have to add to my Xmas list. I'm really impressed with how they blend the side-on 2D gameplay with the into-the-screen sections - kinda reminds me of Retro's work on Metroid Prime's 2D morphball bits. Also those graphics are amazing, surely some of the best on Wii so far.

This Xmas is gonna be soooo expensive.

Well I finally got 180 Red Rings and I didn't use any help in doing so. The ones in Aquarium Park proved the most troublesome just because the levels are so enormous. They were surprising easy to find in the last world though.

And I'm up to 22/44 S ranks.

Isn't the most an human eye can see something like 24fps? I heard it was from some teacher recently.

Isn't the most an human eye can see something like 24fps? I heard it was from some teacher recently.

Cinema is played at 24fps but the eye can see more than that. Your TV, being in Europe will be displaying 25 fps for standard programme viewing.

It's generally said that the eye struggles to tell the difference when you start going above 60. But, everyone is different and some people will notice more than others.

I can tell the difference between 50 and 60 (which is why I have my Wii set to 60Hz). There is a little trade off in terms of fidelity but I prefer the smoothness.

Much like a computer monitor will update the screen for as many Hertz as it is set to, per second, but that doesn't necessarily mean there will be new frames to show each time.

So Hz is the number of times the screen is refreshed per second and FPS is the number of unique images shown per second.

In a nut shell: Your teacher was wrong.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Isn't the most an human eye can see something like 24fps?

220fps is the current highest know fps that the human eye can see (and that the brain can process), but it may be more. As the eye sees continuously, it's hard to work out the maximum.

Would love to know where the 24fps thing came from....

Lol. The dif between 30 and 60 is obvious ... For instance

He probably was just wrong. There would hardly be a need for TV's with 60fps if 24 was the max. Although the iphone 4 has more pixels than the human eye can see right?

He probably was just wrong. There would hardly be a need for TV's with 60fps if 24 was the max. Although the iphone 4 has more pixels than the human eye can see right?

It has a lot of pixels on a tiny screen, so Apple claim it has more pixels per inch than the human eye can even make out from a distance of a foot. Being Apple, they are exaggerating. But it is close to the max a human eye can see.

inch = 2.5cm

foot = 30cm One day you'll have to learn those :grin:

I can't remember what the significance of 24 frames per second is, but I know blu ray uses it, and I think films are recorded in it. Maybe it just looks better like that, or is the best balance between storage limitations, definition of each picture and number of pictures shown in the movie.

I think this looks really good, as i've previously said and a lot of other people seem to agree that this is probably the best or one of the best 3d sonic games.

But Gametrailers trashed it! Probably the worst Gametrailers review i've ever watched, a 6.4? Seriously?

Ain't that a kick in the nuts to those of us who bought it release day. :(

Still, there's no excuse not to snap it up now.