NEurope
Daft

Killzone 3

Patch up. Map bug gone. :D

About time! :)

I was playing this again the other day and it was a bit annoying...

Every time I've played it it's been annoying, it's a fucked up pile of wank. And that's putting it kindly.

Every time I've played it it's been annoying, it's a fucked up pile of wank. And that's putting it kindly.

I completely and utterly disagree with you I've been playing killzone3 most nights and it's fucking brilliant - try playng in an 8 man squad, with mics and communciate with each other.

SO nice just staying in one game the whole evening. DLC maps are also included in the normal rotation unlike KZ2. :) I hope they keep making good maps. Stahl Arms is so awesome that people actually vote to replay lol. People know what to skip :p

Abit extreme, even the people who outright prefer KZ2 say KZ3 is better in many ways. At worst try custom games. Quite afew options there already. Not sure when the other patch for custom games is coming, where they add class editing(e.g remove level 2 and 3 of Infiltrator disguise or a gun etc.).

check out these Killzone dynamic themes coming soon (i hope):

Edited by Choze

A weekly special deal on Shopto at the moment Killzone 3 for £21.85.

Thats a bargain price for one of my fave online shooters in a long time. I can't wait for PSN to get sorted so I can get my nightly Killzone 3 fix.

Edited by Cookyman

Thats a bargain price for one of my fave online shooters in a long time. I can't wait for PSN to get sorted so I can get my nightly Killzone 3 fix.

I know I usually wouldn't care but I love killzone 3 so much so have missed it.

Thanks Choze! Ordered..

No thanks. It'll be on its way back to LoveFilm tomorrow.

You should see the multiplayer.

I have and it's wonderful - your views aren't gospel on here mate and on this occasion your wrong. Rev Cooky has spoken, here endeth the sermon AMEN!

No thanks. It'll be on its way back to LoveFilm tomorrow.

Single player is what you expect on most FPS - multiplayer that's a different story!

Edited by Cookyman

I like pretending it's gospel. It is in my eyes.

Cross eyed or a lazy eye?

It was better than most FPSs. It could have been great, though. There's no reason to just accept it relative to other FPSs.

I enjoyed the story and the characters (I thought it was pretty weak at first but by the end I was totally with it). If anything, the speed up in pace made the gameplay feel sluggish.

I don't get the attraction of playing online. There's absolutely no end game and as an experience the whole thing just melts into forgetfulness as you play the same maps, modes and faceless people again and again and again.

It was better than most FPSs. It could have been great, though. There's no reason to just accept it relative to other FPSs.

I enjoyed the story and the characters (I thought it was pretty weak at first but by the end I was totally with it). If anything, the speed up in pace made the gameplay feel sluggish.

I don't get the attraction of playing online. There's absolutely no end game and as an experience the whole thing just melts into forgetfulness as you play the same maps, modes and faceless people again and again and again.

I guess the end game would be unlocked all the different things for the classes and maxing out your level although god knows how long that would take. But yeah totally agree that the whole experience transcends into forgetfulness, when people talk about games they talk more about memorable single player moments because the multiplayer stories don't hold that same interest.

I enjoy this in multiplayer and definitely knocked up the most hours I have done ever online which is still only 18 hours!

18 hours? You aren't too bad for the amount of time played. I play hundreds of hours when it comes to fps I enjoy. :heh:

I wonder if the Steel Rain map pack is part of plus. The maps are some of the absolute best in the game and franchise.

18 hours? You aren't too bad for the amount of time played. I play hundreds of hours when it comes to fps I enjoy. :heh:

I wonder if the Steel Rain map pack is part of plus. The maps are some of the absolute best in the game and franchise.

Cheers! I remember you saying I was a bit crap during Killzone 2 days lol. Yeah I mean I've tried to fit in as much as I can and 18 hours is all I've managed amongest single player games and general work load.

Apparently Double XP Weekend this weekend....I've gone up 2 ranks since PSN came back online been playing so well! Went Major I, Major II now am half way through Lt Colonel.

Apparently Double XP Weekend this weekend....

Confirmed!

5513635754_4e1161c3e6_z.jpg

To celebrate the return of the PlayStation Network and welcome you back to Killzone 3’s online battlefield, we’ve got a Double XP Weekend lined up! Starting this Friday, May 20 at 17:00 PM UK time, and lasting until Monday, May 23 at 10:00 AM UK time, all XP you earn in Killzone 3’s multiplayer matches will be doubled.

The upcoming Double XP Weekend isn’t the only Killzone-related goodie in the pipeline. As you may know, Sony has revealed that Killzone: Liberation is part of its Welcome Back Program for PSN members, meaning you’ll be able to download the critically acclaimed PlayStation Portable shooter absolutely free of charge. And there’s even more… But we’ll announce that at a later date.

So stay tuned to Killzone.com, and remember to brush up your Killzone 3 multiplayer skills. This weekend, you’ll have a chance to catch up on 3 weeks’ worth of rank progression!

P.S.: During the Double XP Weekend, the Score Screen will display the message “Fast Starter Bonus” instead of “Bonus Points” – this is a string error that will be fixed in future Bonus XP events.

Gamerdork Killzone 3 community vid - nice!

Edited by Cookyman

Confirmed!

5513635754_4e1161c3e6_z.jpg

Gamerdork Killzone 3 community vid - nice!

You gonna tear yourself away from Just Cause 2?

I missed double xp weekend :(

Prepare to be happy.

2010-10-12_kz3-theme_ma.jpg

Double XP Weekend Redux

By Victor Zuylen, posted May 31 2011 12:00AM Comments (0)

To celebrate the return of the PlayStation Network and welcome you back to Killzone 3’s online battlefield, we’ve got a worldwide Double XP Weekend lined up!

“Hang on,†you’re thinking to yourself, “Didn’t we just have one of these?†That’s correct, but Japan’s PSN Network didn’t return until this Saturday, and we wanted to offer our friends in the East a chance to participate in the festivities as well.

The double XP weekend will start this Friday, June 3 at 17:00 PM UK time, and last until Monday, June 6 at 10:00 AM UK time. As the name implies, all XP earned in Killzone 3’s multiplayer matches during this weekend will be doubled, so if you missed out on the previous Double XP Weekend this is your chance!

About damn time - looks like the dOrk's are getting their shit together.

282a31c2.jpg

Brothers and Sisters, the time has come to once again take the fight to those who would besmirch the name of the dOrk!

YES.

Also new patch on June 2nd just before double XP weekend. they added PSN presence data like the COD games. Scoreboard flicker gone.

Functionality

Added Colour blind support – When turned ‘On’ all enemy players and objects will be underlined. This is the case for the minimap and in-game, such as player names.

Frozen Dam – Operations – The first mission in is now 6 minutes again

Move - Fixed continuous rumble when the PlayStation Eye camera connected

Move - When interacting with a Search & Destroy objective the player will no longer also do a melee

Junkyard - Players can no longer get in an Exoskeleton while using a Jetpack

Blood Gracht – Fixed a hang when the Recon ability was used

Fixed a bug where the clan rating decreased after the clan had won a Warzone tournament game

Fixed a hang on the joining screen after the player was kicked (or quit) a game

Clans – Fixed an issue where all users received the error 2- (scores cannot be processed) when entering a Guerrilla Warfare match

Fixed a crash when connecting to a custom Warzone game

Fixed a hang when a player with DLC sets up a custom game to start on a DLC map, transfers the leadership to a non-DLC user and this new leader attempts to start the game

Fixed a 10006 network error when joining a Guerrilla Warfare game

Gameplay

Fixed various collision issues on DLC maps

Frozen Dam - Warzone - Fixed a spot where players could get stuck behind an ammo crate and an oil drum near the Dam tactical spawn point.

Accepting a squad invite from the opposing faction will no longer quit the game.

Corinth River - Botzone – Fixed an issue with Bots falling through the map

Corinth River - Botzone – Fixed a crash in Botzone

Exploit

Blood Gracht - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map

MAWLR Graveyard - Operations - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map during the second objective that should only be accessible once the objective is completed.

Salamun Market – Fixed a spot where, using an Exoskeleton, the player could escape the confines of the map

Bilgarsk Boulevard - Fixed a spot where players can get out of the map

Stahl Arms – Fixed ISA members accessing the Helghast base without being seen by turrets

Players now get the XP they earned after getting kicked from a game

User Interface

Expanded the information about the Multiplayer status of a friend in the XMB. It will now show the game mode and the map that the player is in.

In some cases players would still experience Scoreboard flickering. This has been fixed

Silent Footsteps icon is now properly visible in game

Fixed an issue with Clan Leaderboards after switching clans

Small Localization fixes

Updates to loading screens

Clan Tag now updates properly after disbanding a clan

Campaign - Elite emblem now updates properly

Fixed a network error when downloading DLC via the main menu 'Downloadable Content' option

Graphics

Fixed various graphical glitches on DLC maps

Fixed an issue with the Search and Retrieve object for the Marksman when cloaked

Retro Pack – Fixed an issue with the minimap

Stahl Arms – Fixed an animation problem for players standing on top of the mechanical welding arm. They moved unrealistically when observed by other players