NEurope
Dante

Nintendo Plans To Take On Apple

Rare couldn't be more in-house, just look how it crumbled after Nintendo had any sort of input.

And its quite obvious why they're making more casual than hardcore games, hardcore games take much longer to make.

They're doing the very same franchises they did last gen, without people complaining (they also didn't do starfox or f-zero last gen), they're doing Pikmin, zelda, mario... probably a new IP on retro studios account...Second party is usually in-house; I mean wasn't rareware back when they were Nintendo's considered in-house? in-house means there's that connection to be considered a Nintendo title, and that they have that insider communication line working. And they clearly do.

People WERE complaining last gen, but back then, Nintendo could be excused because they had bad finances. Right now Nintendo make a shitload of profit, which should go into starting new teams up. Last time Nintendo started a new team was probably in 1999 when NSTC were founded.

People WERE complaining last gen, but back then, Nintendo could be excused because they had bad finances. Right now Nintendo make a shitload of profit, which should go into starting new teams up. Last time Nintendo started a new team was probably in 1999 when NSTC were founded.

The last founded company was last year is Project Sora and also made a new offices buildings that would make it easier for the company’s two other Kyoto R&D offices to collaborate easier as well as expand the total work force on new upcoming console development and new software for current and future hardware.

Edited by Dante

because they had bad finances.

I don't believe Nintendo as a video game company has ever been in bad finances post-1985.

I don't remember complains last generation, and I've been around for a long time.

Nintendo Teams take some time to develop their games, and in the end, it always pays off. Hell, Ocarina of Time took 6 years to make on the N64, seems to me the situation has been constant since the SNES days.

For instance, on the SNES they did one zelda, and 2 marios, on the N64 they did 2 Zeldas and one Mario, on the GC they did one mario and 2 zeldas, and this gen they are doing 3 marios and 1 Zelda, by the look of things (and excluding the fact the Handheld Zelda's are now done in-house); what's so different again?

In the Wii lifespan we even saw Nintendo publishing at least one title every month for quite some time (first two years, almost); naturally they couldn't keep it up forever, but they released a shitload of games this gen (and by saying shit I don't mean they were crap at all)

And nintendo never had bad finances, they did more money last gen (albeit including the fact GC was always profitable and Gameboy Advance was around) than Sony did with hardware/software and third party royalties. Hell, I can get you info from 2003 saying Nintendo had more money in the bank than Sony.

Edited by pedrocasilva

Granted Nintendo are extremely profitable but that can change in a single generation. As a company Nintendo have forged forward further in this generation than in any previous generations combined. Look at their online infrastructure and the fundamental Wii controls for proof. Add in the many add ons and sequels to existing and new franchises and you can see that Nintendo have moved mountains internally this generation. Iwata has moulded a new, sleeker Nintendo, a Nintendo that works 'with' 3rd parties and forges relationships for the future.

And in that traditional Nintendo style it has ALWAYS been about the games.

Exciting times to be a Nintendo gamer all things considered...