NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Call of Duty: Black Ops

I'm terrible at wager matches... Must've lost over 40.000 and won like 6.000. I just cannot win...

Gun Game, it's all good up to the snipers... I am unable to kill anyone with the first one. I always get stuck in that tier and pretty much just gave up that mode.

Sharpshooter has the same problem, there's always at least one sniper in it and I just fall way behind as soon as it comes up, and can never place first... I consistently place second on this one, but I can't get first.

One in the chamber. Now, this is my favourite... and I actually win this one sometimes... but everyone else has a natural advantage over me on this one, as I play with the tactical controller setup (Melee on B/Circle, the right stick is for crouchin) and I can almost never get the melee out faster, when it comes to a speed duel.

Sticks and Stones I have no handicap with, but I just can't seem to win any. In fact the only mode I've ever won was OITC. And I've spent like 10 hours or so playin wager matches...

It's like as soon as there's money on the table, my playing goes down the toilet or somethin'... It's fucking frustrating, it is! :(

:heh:

Sticks and Stones is just stupid. Other day, i got 6 kills more than anyone else, and a better KD ratio. Yet, because of the idiotic Tomahawk rule, i didn't even come in the top 3. Bullshit.

I'm pretty good at the wager matches, I can win in most of them but being bankrupted when you are winning in sticks and stones just feels unfair, since everyone will be lashing tomahawks at the leader and he's bound to get hit by one eventually.

Well i'm shite at online... it's official.

I'm only rank 4, my K/D ration is royally fucked already.

Well i'm shite at online... it's official.

I'm only rank 4, my K/D ration is royally fucked already.

No worries dude, you'll get better, I mean I hardly ever break even because most of the time I have more deaths. Plus as you get better weapons things get easier.

One in the chamber. Now, this is my favourite... and I actually win this one sometimes... but everyone else has a natural advantage over me on this one, as I play with the tactical controller setup (Melee on B/Circle, the right stick is for crouchin) and I can almost never get the melee out faster, when it comes to a speed duel.

Well there's an easy enough cure for that....

Sticks and Stones is just stupid. Other day, i got 6 kills more than anyone else, and a better KD ratio. Yet, because of the idiotic Tomahawk rule, i didn't even come in the top 3. Bullshit.

I enjoy the odd game of sticks and stones as it can be absolutely hilarious. I only ever play it in the lowest buy-in, I just play because its funny. Half the time you have no idea who's at the top either because you don't have time to check someone's name before going into battle.

Well there's an easy enough cure for that....

Nah, in standard playing I rarely ever use melee and I do more than alright by

prone diving around corners, most of the time. ^^

Plus, I never said I don't have fun playin them wager matches... I just don't win them, is all. :p

Invite me to theatre mode if you see me online.

game has been patched.

Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster

· Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions

· Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby

· Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart

· Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games

· Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads

· Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)

· Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions

· Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect

· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire

· Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses

· Additional online security enhancements

Oh and here is a video of me gettin merked. I has a WTF moment and he killed me.

Edited by James

Well I fixed my PC Black Ops problem with some scissors and a bit of sellotape. Turns out, it was a combination of processor being underclocked, and then a cable getting stuck in the cpu fan, causing it to not spin, and thus my cpu would overheat and run at an even slower Hz giving me very poor performance. Now I have overclocked my cpu and sellotaped the offending cable in such a way it should not impede the fan (for awhile at least). MUCH MUCH better now.

Has anyone else noticed that the auto-aim in this is extremely high? I'm noticing people with my auto-aim very regularly when they are hiding behind things and I shouldn't be able to see them.

I finally bumped the difficulty down to Medium, I don't really care to torture myself further, made it through 4 parts of the campaign in an hour or so as a result.

Overall i would say it is a good game (although in more of the same kind of way). Campaign gets better as you go, multiplayer seems more of the same and zombie mode is hard but cool.

However, i much prefered MW2 and i think that is the better game, MW2 (and MW for that matter) the online to me just feels better, better maps etc and campaign was better (imo).

There was some cool parts in BO campaign though.

I could still change my mind but i dout it.

Each to their own I guess. I thought MW2's multiplayer was awful. Really badly balanced, over-powered killstreak rewards and some really crappy maps mixed in with a few really good ones. Admittedly there's no real stand-out maps in BlOps but there's no really crappy ones either and the game is balanced much better. It feels more like an FPS to me than MW2 ever did.

All that stuff about balance and killstreaks never bothered me. I knew it was happening, but it was so much fun I didn't really care. Each side had the same advantages anyway.

I'm on the final mission. It isn't too difficult (certainly doesn't reach levels of frustration as with World at War). There are a few instances where you will throw the controller at the screen; notably storming down then up the hill in Vietnam and other parts where you have to fend off waves.

Thankfully the AI doesn't spam 'nades any more, but they still pull of freaky headshots.

Just had a great game on sticks and stones, my mate was leading way way ahead and I got a tomahawk plant on him in the very last second, needless to say he said a few expletives at me.

People seem to have gotten complacent with this online already. I've never had as many claymore kills as I've had recently in any other Call of Duty game. It's amazing. It's not even as though I'm putting them in out of the way places where they wouldn't be hard to spot (mainly just sticking them by doorways and occasionally behind crates as all the maps pretty much encourage it with so many corners and few large open spaces) and I've even planted some which enemy players have seen me putting down but they still run on through and get killed :laughing:. So all the custom loadouts I have have claymores because people just don't seem to bother to look before running through a doorway.

Also found out that dual Colt Pythons are very effective both close and at range. Pretty much like rolling double shotguns but with no diminished sprint speed for having them out.

Has anyone finished this on Veteran? If so, how was it?

Ive only done the first 3 levels so far. Wasn't 2 bad till got to the end of the third in the tunnel area, that was a bitch to get through!!

Ive only done the first 3 levels so far. Wasn't 2 bad till got to the end of the third in the tunnel area, that was a bitch to get through!!

I'm going through it first time on Veteran like I did with Modern Warfare. I've probably spent the most amount of time just before the tunnel area and in the lab area inside the tunnel on the Rocket mission. I've just done the hill bit in Vietnam. Going down took a bit of know-how, but I went up the other side in one try.

The hills were no problem for me.

However for whatever reason im struggling on the rooftops at the mo!!