NEurope
darksnowman

Red Steel 3 (Vitality Sensor compatible!)

Confirmed in the French ONM.

0000276127.jpg

Red Steel 3 in development.

While the second instalment has just been released, Ubisoft Montreal confirm the release of a third opus, compatible with the Vitality Sensor.

I knew that French degree would come in useful. :indeed:

LiveWii.fr

Red Steel = Japanese style

Red Steel 2 = Old Western style

Red Steel 3 = ...haunted house style? :hmm:

Assuming it's the same bearded man that was in charge of 2 is leading this one. Then I'm sure it's in good hands. I'm just actually really pleased we're getting a third one. Shows that developers don't think the Wii is a lost hope quite yet.

hopefully the vitality sensor has bluetooth, or a port where i can attack a nunchuck or else it will be a onrails swordfighting game:hmm:

Really weird they announced it so close to e3 (could they wait for e3?)

Hope they go for a new setting with the same artstyle. Because i loved the cell shaded look, but not the overly western setting.

I'd much prefer a new style to be honest. Not that I haven't loved the previous two, but having three unique styles would make the 'trilogy' feel more complete rather than having two the same and singling out either the first or second.

I'd much prefer a new style to be honest. Not that I haven't loved the previous two, but having three unique styles would make the 'trilogy' feel more complete rather than having two the same and singling out either the first or second.

that makes kinda sense, if 2 of the 3 would have cellshading/or western style than the 1st one feels out of place.

I'm VERY sceptical about the vitality sensor. I never was for the Wiimote and DS, I thought both were intriguing idea's and could pretty much guess there's a good reason for those announcements.

But this vitality sensor... what?

I'm not sold on the vitality sesnor either. Though that's cause I don't see it reading my pulse or anything. Mainly cause I don't get nervous/scared etc, so I don't see how it's going to make a difference when I play games, never mind playing a game like Red Steel and feeling any different.

Like I posted in the comments, this screams April fools if it weren't for the fact we're long past that date. Still, I'd love to see a sequel, and now it's become a franchise, its chances at retail are automatically increased. It's one of the few 3rd party Wii (exclusive) "hardcore" franchises we have (in fact, I've had a quick look, and I can't find anything in my collection apart from No more heroes, which isn't exclusive anymore, although I'd still consider it a Wii franchise, oh and of course the upcoming Conduit). But I can't imagine what a (non-gimmicky) benefit vitality sensor compatability would have.

Like I posted in the comments, this screams April fools if it weren't for the fact we're long past that date.

Haha, I agree. I read over it a few times before posting because I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I'm very surprised they're bothering with this, after the recent success of 'hardcore' Wii titles it seems like a very strange move. It's going to have to drastically change if they want to make us a success.

Like a few others I too assumed this was an aprils fool.

As games can use the Vitality Sensor, than I'm guessing they've changed the design to a wrist-based one. The hospital "finger clip" style really wouldn't work in conjunction with any game as it would be really uncomfortable (especially as the finger it's designed for would be the finger pressing the B Trigger).

“It seems that the source of Nintendo Magazine is an interview with Jason misinterpreted by half the web. In short, nothing very serious, and yet, unfortunately, nothing guarantees that there will be a Red Steel 3.†– Ubisoft France statement

I've really enjoyed what I've played of Red Steel 2. Haven't got around to finishing it yet due to time constraints, but I would welcome a sequel with open arms. As long as they put as much time and thought into it (if not more) as they have done with this game.

“It seems that the source of Nintendo Magazine is an interview with Jason misinterpreted by half the web. In short, nothing very serious, and yet, unfortunately, nothing guarantees that there will be a Red Steel 3.†– Ubisoft France statement

Looks like the French ONM is as reliable as ours. Blatantly confirming stuff when they have nothing to go on. Good show.

Shoot the messenger...

... :(