NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Marvel Vs Capcom 3!

What ya going for Rez, The Shopto comic?

Well I'm an idiot as I thought that that the collectors edition was tin+comic and then a different t-shirt from each place. Dunno which one to go for...need to decide.

Well I'm an idiot as I thought that that the collectors edition was tin+comic and then a different t-shirt from each place. Dunno which one to go for...need to decide.

Comic >>>> Tin though yeah. Then just if you want a T' or not.

God this game looks SO GOOD. I was awful at MVC2 but... this I feel like I could really get in to. Bring it on.

Iceman was LOLgodly in MCV2, as he had an unhurtable block and his ice beam did damage even a fairly nice amount to people blocking. I loll'd.

I have very fond memories of getting it on PS2 (or rather my friend). We went upto London for (our) birthday, got MCV2 and had dinner at the Rainbow Cafe.

Now all it needs is balanced characters to avoid being like MvC2 (which is my fav fighter ever, btw).

What....I wouldn't say it was unbalanced.

With Iceman with his undamagable block and his unblockable ice beam.

Man, if I had a PS3 or 360, I would get this on launch day. Many of these characters look awesome (Haggar, Deadpool and Hsien-Ko, particularly)

Also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom was quite balanced. I'm sure Capcom learned their lesson since MvC2.

What....I wouldn't say it was unbalanced.

With Iceman with his undamagable block and his unblockable ice beam.

Iceman was the tip of the iceberg. Funny stuff... ar ar ar.

Seriously, he was a weakling when compared to other chars...

In reality, 85% of the characters were really useles against the top tier guys.

I mean, magneto/storm/sentinel (MSS) team was insane! Cable was also way too good!!! And Cyclops, Iron Man/War Machine, Doom, Strider, Spiral, Cap Commando were all too great as well.

And they were pretty much all you ever saw in serious play. Which did get annoying after a while...

Well I know nothing about previous games nor do I really consider it worth knowing. I'm sold!

Gameplay and characters look great!

Also, Tatsunoko vs Capcom was quite balanced. I'm sure Capcom learned their lesson since MvC2.

Actually no, I think they like it unbalanced. Apart from SF:3rd Strike, there's always a huge difference from the best char to the last char (excluding joke chars like Dan)... Tatsunoko has the least difference since 3rd strike, but it's still 30 (while in 3rd strike it was only 7)!!! (meaning in 30 chun-li, polimar or tekkaman vs gold lightan, yatterman-1 or viewtiful joe fights, the player using the top tier guys wins an average of 30 fights out of 31... and this statistic is based on pro and sponsored players, meaning they're basically as good as it gets with these bad chars, and still the difference is abysmal... and the fact that there's infinites is annoying). Of course this matters little in home play, which is what most of us use it for... as it didn't matter in MvC2 either, apart from Sentinel and Magneto. Oh the fact Sentinel and magneto are back should scare all of you who plan on playing online. Sentinel everybody knows why... but for those who aren't familiar with the franchise, here's magneto's problem... bit of intel, the guy who loses is the best beat'em'up player in the world at everything except Street Fighter (where he's second best) and MvC2 is the game he plays best... see him get raped with the best team in the game by a single Magneto (and his opponent's not even that good a player):

But none of that really matters coz hardly anybody knows how to use them properly, lol.

Actually no, I think they like it unbalanced. Apart from SF:3rd Strike, there's always a huge difference from the best char to the last char (excluding joke chars like Dan)... Tatsunoko has the least difference since 3rd strike, but it's still 30 (while in 3rd strike it was only 7)!!! (meaning in 30 chun-li, polimar or tekkaman vs gold lightan, yatterman-1 or viewtiful joe fights, the player using the top tier guys wins an average of 30 fights out of 31... and this statistic is based on pro and sponsored players, meaning they're basically as good as it gets with these bad chars, and still the difference is abysmal... and the fact that there's infinites is annoying).

I don't know much about MvC2 (much less 3), so I won't comment on that, but... I didn't even know Chun-Li was supposed to be top tier :heh: I thought Zero would be the top tier one.

Most sites/discussion forums I found seem to disagree on who is top tier. I've seen some list Ken and Karas, others listing Alex and Tekkaman Blade... Tekkaman is the only one consistently on top. And in online play, I meet Viewtiful Joe players aplenty (annoying with the lag, can't dodge his Voomerangs properly), but I've seen a few capable (read: non-spammers) VJoe players, too.

Still, I don't really judge balance on a strongest vs weakest basis, but mainly on a strongest vs mid-tier basis. If the mid-tier can compete with the strongest, that's good enough. It means that a select few won't dominate over the rest of the cast (like Magneto on that video. I mean, Jesus! :o)

Early reports suggest Chun-Li is fast approaching God Tier. With her phenomenal speed and fantastic air game, coupled with Dante zoning the ground space, we may see a lot of people spamming this combo.

Although, of course this means shit until the community get to grips with it. It will be a few weeks until proper strategies and decent combo's surface. Then a few more weeks to figure out the counters, then a few more weeks to counter the counters. Basically, it will be a good 12 months before this game matures. But of course scrubs will be crying 'broken' within days.

I don't know much about MvC2 (much less 3), so I won't comment on that, but... I didn't even know Chun-Li was supposed to be top tier :heh: I thought Zero would be the top tier one.

Most sites/discussion forums I found seem to disagree on who is top tier. I've seen some list Ken and Karas, others listing Alex and Tekkaman Blade... Tekkaman is the only one consistently on top. And in online play, I meet Viewtiful Joe players aplenty (annoying with the lag, can't dodge his Voomerangs properly), but I've seen a few capable (read: non-spammers) VJoe players, too.

Still, I don't really judge balance on a strongest vs weakest basis, but mainly on a strongest vs mid-tier basis. If the mid-tier can compete with the strongest, that's good enough. It means that a select few won't dominate over the rest of the cast (like Magneto on that video. I mean, Jesus! :o)

In all honesty, to us it doesn't matter. I just like to watch and follow the pro gaming circuit in this particular genre, and 3rd strike was so utterly balanced and enjoyable that now I'll notice a difference because everyon will be using the same chars. 3rd strike there were only 2 chars missing, and even they sometimes appeared.

But for us, it's the same, yeah. You'll get an even fight online, regardless of who you fight with/against.

Also, if you think Magneto is bad, you should check out Sentinel.

Sentinel>Magneto>Storm=Cable>8 other charcaters that are great>the other 44. Amazing, right?

Then people wonder why everyone uses the MSS team (magneto/sentinel/storm)...

The final boss video

Capcom have taken ideas from the SSB series for this boss.

79nRh.jpg

Wallpaper:

KEiHz.jpg

Ryu - Kyle Hebert (as in Street Fighter IV)

Chun-Li - Laura Bailey (as in Street Fighter IV)

Viper - Michelle Ruff (as in Street Fighter IV)

Akuma - Dave Mallow (as in Street Fighter IV)

Chris Redfield - Roger Craig Smith (as in Resident Evil 5)

Albert Wesker - D.C. Douglas (as in Resident Evil 5)

Dante - Reuben Langdon (as in Devil May Cry 3/4/Animated)

Trish - Danielle Burgio (as in Devil May Cry 4)

Morrigan Aensland - Siobhan Flynn

Felicia - G.K. Bowes

Hsien-Ko - Hunter Mackenzie Austin

Zero - Johnny Yong Bosch

Tron Bonne - Tara Platt

Servbot - Kari Wahlgren

Viewtiful Joe - Darrel Guilbeaux

Nathan Spencer - Dameon Clarke

Arthur - Dan Woren

Mike Haggar - Matt Riedy

Spider-Man - Josh Keaton (as in The Spectacular Spider-Man)

Iron Man - Eric Loomis (as in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Captain America - Brian Bloom (as in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Hulk - Fred Tatasciore (as in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Thor - Rick D. Wasserman (as in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

M.O.D.O.K. - Wally Wingert (as in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Wolverine, Taskmaster - Steve Blum (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

Phoenix - Jennifer Hale (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

Storm - Susan Dalian (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

X-23 - Tara Strong (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

Magneto - Tom Kane (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

Sentinel - Jim Ward (as in Wolverine & the X-Men)

Deadpool - Nolan North (as in Hulk Vs.)

Doctor Doom - Paul Dobson (as in Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes)

Super Skrull - Charlie Adler (as in The Super Hero Squad Show)

Dormammu - Michael T. Weiss

She-Hulk - Maria Canals-Barrera

Galactus - Jonathan Adams

Male Announcer - Jon Driscoll

Female Announcer - Kate Higgins

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost