NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strange Cookie

Final Fight: Double Impact

Final-Fight-Double-Impact-Logo.JPG

Good news for those craving some ol'skool beat'em all from back in the day (or those wondering what the fuzz is about anyway)! Final Fight: Double Impact is available for Xbox Live and PSN.

This is the fifth edition of Final Fight I've bought, and boy, isn't this the sweetest one. It's arcade perfect (so far, so Capcom Classic Collection), but the screen filters are awesome. I'm not talking about the screenfilling, HD-ing one, but the arcade cabinet emulator.

final-fight-double-impact-ff-screens-1.jpg

It's ironic we need consoles as powerful as those today to accurately emulate a ol-fashioned CRT-screen with scanlines intact. :p

And added challenges and unlockables in the Vault, optional remixed music and a online mode? Retro-heaven!

Oh, and Magic Sword isn't too bad eiter. ;) Even so, SFIII woudn't have been too shabby, or even SFA3.

I've heard report that that the PSN-version doesn't work when you're not connected to the internet. While it's a downloadable, it's still odd you can't play singleplayer when your internet goes haywire. I haven't checked this one yet, but anybody else perchance?

Edited by Strange Cookie

Its good, and I bought it, but there's only so many times I can play through Final Fight. Kind of regret it now to be honest, oh well, it was only £8.

I played the demo, was alright, its no Streets of Rage 2! (and I don't care who ripped of who lol)

I plan on getting this at some point because like others I am a sucker for Final Fight! Think I own at least a couple of versions of it. Weird to hear about the PS3 problems. I'm all for a bit of DRM though if its for protecting a companies games but not if it impacts on my gameplaying experience.

Sign in to follow this