NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

Apple Care is about £30 on eBay and it covers everything the normal warranty does, obviously not accidental damage. You're correct on the no student discount for iPhones too.

My mate works for a carrier that do the iPhone and he says the systems have info on it.

Double res display, 5mp camera, front facing camera, 64gb and 80gb models and you can set any of your music tracks as ringtones.

Edited by Caris

and you can set any of your music tracks as ringtones.

I love how Apple boast about aspects that have been happening for years. The phone I bought in 2004 could do this.

Apple Care is about £30 on eBay and it covers everything the normal warranty does, obviously not accidental damage. You're correct on the no student discount for iPhones too.

My mate works for a carrier that do the iPhone and he says the systems have info on it.

Double res display, 5mp camera, front facing camera, 64gb and 80gb models and you can set any of your music tracks as ringtones.

Cool, cheers! Looking forward to dumping my current phone and my iPod Touch.

How long is the Apple Care for? Can you extend it?

Looking at the rumours we could be in for a pretty good set of things this year. I'm going to be giving apple a lot of my hard earned this year!

Hope those colours are true, I'm totally bored of black phones now. Had thought of getting white with the new one but now I'm tempted to go crazy and have a blue one!

That's fake.

Apple care is an extra 2 years on top of the stadnard 1 you get with Apple.

I really advise people to take some sort of insurance out on your iPhone if you get one though, I baby all my possessions and I've still dropped mine and had to claim.

It can happen to anyone!

Yeah, all my stuff is covered on house insurance. I got £600 when my MacBook decided to fall to pieces...and fall off a table.

Haha! I love my apps.

If you love apps then you can get this phone.

I've still dropped mine and had to claim.

Speaking of dropping phones, I had a massive panic when I dropped my HTC Hero at work (which has a very solid/dusty warehouse floor) the other day. The battery fell out and I thought that it would be destroyed. To my surprise, the only damage was a slight scratch that can only be seen if you look at it with light shining on it at the right angle. It's still squeaky clean, too.

Speaking of dropping phones, I had a massive panic when I dropped my HTC Hero at work (which has a very solid/dusty warehouse floor) the other day. The battery fell out and I thought that it would be destroyed. To my surprise, the only damage was a slight scratch that can only be seen if you look at it with light shining on it at the right angle. It's still squeaky clean, too.

Haha I know the feeling, the day got my 3GS I dropped it in a gravel car park. I thought it would be a write off but it was in a iPod sock and only got 2 tiny marks a the top.

I didn't think anything was confirmed about the new iPhone? Can't wait personally, and i agree , really wish they did different colours!!

What is looking highly likely with regards to the new iPhone?

I really can't wait to see that screen in the flesh, bet it looks amazing.

Oh the Keynote is today (10am pacific)? Didn't realise that.

Personally I can't wait for this to come out purely because it will make the Desire seem less shiny and new, and thus cheaper and within my price range (he hopes) ^_^

But I've got loads on my iPod Touch. I can transfer these, right?

Cheers for that McPhee.

It's today?! Definitely? Oh I thought it was in July. Excellent. Isn't 10am 3pm here?!

Why would anyone get the Nexus One now? The HTC Desire has made it obsolete. It's like buying an iPhone 3G instead of a 3GS but for more money.

Why would anyone get the Nexus One now? The HTC Desire has made it obsolete. It's like buying an iPhone 3G instead of a 3GS but for more money.

Good point. The Samsung Galaxy S looks like it will also void the Nexus One, ples a few other soon-to-be released phones.

Funny story: My boss got the iPhone 3G instead of a 3Gs because the guy at Orange said that there was no difference between them.

Haha, they probably get extra commission for offloading the old models to people who don't research their purchases :heh:

Good point. The Samsung Galaxy S looks like it will also void the Nexus One, ples a few other soon-to-be released phones.

Funny story: My boss got the iPhone 3G instead of a 3Gs because the guy at Orange said that there was no difference between them.

Well I think the desire only has Ram and HTC Sense over the nexus one. Nexus one has dual microphones over the Desire and Galaxy S.

Galaxy S has quite alot over nexus and the desire, but I think that Touch Wiz UI dwarfs the experience. However the one thing the nexus one has over both is android 2.2 which I hear is blisteringly fast.

As far as Iphone goes kinda feel bad for Gizmondo for being locked out of the show but in retrospect they made tons of money with the stolen iphone 4.

Gotta give them the innovation vote for the band being used as an antenna. Will shut quite a few complainers up. Add to that a very impressive screen at 326ppi.

Steve is trying to load the NY times website. It's not working on the Iphone4. Sucks when you're trying to demo something and it breaks down.

EDIT: iphone4 browser demo collapsed. Rest of iphone 4 demo seem to be over as they were probably all web / html5 based.

Edited by Ten10

Yeah it is pretty funny.

I really want to know the inner workings of the tech behind the retina display. I mean he said 78% of the resolution of the ipad in a 3.5 inch screen. I'm not an apple lover but I can commend good tech.

Although so far the iphone 4 only really has a better screen. Don't think this trumps what happened at I/O a few weeks ago.

That is one fattass battery. I guess its needed to power what is probably components from the ipad development line.

Edited by Ten10

So what use is the antenna?

You know, the thing that connects to the next work so you can make calls, and use mobile internet. Perhaps if also connected wifi.

And yay at addition features from Nexus one / Android.

Edit: seems like they've gone for a sony style six axis control. Expect to see iMove in a few years time.

"Gyro joins 4 other sensors, accelerometer, compass, proximity and ambient light sensors."

I've got those already.... hmm...... but gotta keep up with the pack I guess.

Edited by Ten10