NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

I'm using the little puch that came with my Gameboy micro. It's perfect.

I've been using the bumper a bit, it's not too bad. I prefer the look of it without though. I think I'll just use the bumper for times when I'll be going out drinking or any times when I think I may be more likely to drop the phone more etc.

Got my bumper too, it's nice but I've not really enjoyed having it on the phone. And doesn't really seem to have had any effect on anything. I'm taking it off right now in fact.

So I got a PAYG iPhone4 on O2 yesterday and the signal quality is pretty dire. It's usually 4 bars when left alone but then the antenna problem smacks me in the face and the signal drops to 1 bar or loses signal when I hold the left hand side for around 20/30 secs.

I've obviously applied for the free bumper but does it make a difference and if so, how much?

My sister is on O2 and she has so many problems with her phone. I was actually surprised at how bad it was from what she described. I'm on Vodawin though, so I haven't had any problems.

On the other hand I'm on o2 and my signals fine. I haven't been able to recreate the signal issues even intentionally.

Hmm, strange. It deffo changes for me. When I text with both thumbs and fingers supporting the back of the device it even drops to one bar.

Mind you, even my safari seems to hang. iTunes was seriously hanging frequently yet this was apparently due to huge numbers using the app store over the last few days.

I may do a full restore and go from there and then...

Maybe should change it for a new model?!

My sister travels round the country a lot, I just realised, so that would have something to do with it. I'm pretty much always in central London.

I haven't been able to recreate the signal drop, though.

Daft, what is Vodafone like? I was looking at their great PAYG deal. (if I can get hold of a handset)

I have nothing but good things to say about Vodafone, but like I said I live around central London so coverage is bound to be good. Having said that, I normally have a better signal (Phone wise and 3G wise) than my sister who is on O2.

Thanks Daft, I've looked at a coverage indicator and the coverage in the North East is even better with Vodafone than O2. I may investigate this a little more.

What's the camera like on this? I don't care about pixels just what it can do and what the results are like. My blackberry totally failed me last night when it came to zooming in, actually refusing to do so. We're finished.

What's the camera like on this? I don't care about pixels just what it can do and what the results are like. My blackberry totally failed me last night when it came to zooming in, actually refusing to do so. We're finished.

There's some samples of untouched photos taken with the iPhone 4 right here http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/camera.html

Yeah, I don't really trust official sites. Having used it since release, it is fantastic. There are also some awesome camera apps.

Digital zooming in general is a complete fail. You may as well take a wider picture and crop/enlarge it in any editing program.

Yeah, I've always wondered what the point of digital zoom was. Especially since you can get photoshop on the iPhone and I assume most other smart phones.

I've finally got my iPhone 4 on Orange PAYG - does anyone know how to request a micro-sim? I have a sim card for my 3GS but obviously it doesn't fit in the new one :(

One other question: I lost my 3gs ages ago and only synced it with my laptop after having it for about a week - I've synced my new one but im missing tonnes of podcasts and apps, is there any way of downloading these again without having to fork out loads of money all over again?

Cheers in advance :)

Edited by daftada

Just go to the App Store and click on download, if you're using the same account it should tell you that you've previously bought it and can download it for free.

Amazing, it's replaced my panny point and click.

It's that good.

Any jailbreakers using Frash? It's mad that flash support is so easy and works so well on the iPhone, yet Apple refuses to budge and allow it.

Any jailbreakers using Frash? It's mad that flash support is so easy and works so well on the iPhone, yet Apple refuses to budge and allow it.

Hadn't heard about it until now but downloading as we speak!

"Its because Flash is the future and not because we had a squabble with Adobe at all..."

Me and my Blackberry have made up. Apparently removing the battery for 10 seconds remedies all the problems I was having. The iPhone does interest me but once you've gotten used to the keyboard on a Blackberry, no phone can match it.

If anyone fancies a basic dock for their iPhone 4, I reccomend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002IM6MY6/ref=oss_product

£2.99, it's the official dock for the original (2G) iPhone. I bought one, it's the real deal, official and works very well. Because it's for the iPhone 2 it has curved sides which don't match up with the flat edges of the 4, but it fits in cleanly. After reading somewhere that the 2G dock fits, I spent a while looking for one and this was the best price I could find. Doesn't come with a box but... the official 4 dock is £25 on the Apple store! Well worth it.

I've jailbroken my phone. How exactly do you update the jailbreak? And anyone know what the latest version is? I need 4.1 to download the new Cassius app.

I don't actually pirate apps (Shocking. They're absurdly cheap though, so it's pointless). I thought I might but I just use it for the customisation.