NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

My iPhone 4 is prepared for shipment, my micro sim is set up and working - roll on Thursday!

I'm surprised you didn't wait for the white one. It will match your car ;)

will' could get someone else to smash up his new iphone for him, then it would match his car again.

(Too soon?)

How? I'm scouring the Internet (Google) and can't seem to find much apart from things that say its difficult and shouldn't be attempted by anyone but expert users etc.

PM with details please. :)

Redsn0w beta. iPhone 3G and 2nd Gen iPod Touch only at the moment and it's only really good for getting background wallpapers/multitasking because the majority of JB apps haven't been ported to iOS4 yet. SBSettings doesn't work :(

Windows: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3.zip?attredirects=0

Mac: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b5-3.zip

I'm surprised you didn't wait for the white one. It will match your car ;)

I'm going to swap when the white one comes out...

will' could get someone else to smash up his new iphone for him, then it would match his car again.

(Too soon?)

Haha, it made me smile so i guess it's ok, one day I will know the love of driving again!

Anyone know when OS4 is ready for the iPad? I want to folder everything :)

Really like it. But I can;t multitask as I only have a 3G!! Though 21 days is up so i can finally claim for my smashed up iphone on my insurance!

Redsn0w beta. iPhone 3G and 2nd Gen iPod Touch only at the moment and it's only really good for getting background wallpapers/multitasking because the majority of JB apps haven't been ported to iOS4 yet. SBSettings doesn't work :(

Windows: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-3.zip?attredirects=0

Mac: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_mac_0.9.5b5-3.zip

Yeah managed to find it last night after seeing the post on Twitter. :)

It chugs a bit on the 3G with custom backgrounds and multitasking. Still worth it though imo. 4.0 is a good upgrade, sorted quite a few niggles with the OS. Oh and... Rotation Lock! Finally!

It chugs a bit on the 3G with custom backgrounds and multitasking. Still worth it though imo. 4.0 is a good upgrade, sorted quite a few niggles with the OS. Oh and... Rotation Lock! Finally!

Mine seems to be working fine with multitasking and custom backgrounds. I take it the rotation lock is the jailbreak thing, yeah? That pisses me off so much, always the first thing to get installed when I jailbreak my phone!

I've taken the decision to put my phone on eBay, unlocked and jailbroken as they go for a good amount of money. It will offset the cost of my getting the iPhone 4. I've had my 3G for 2 years now so feel like I'm due an upgrade.

After installing rotation inhibitor I've just realised that SBSettings is now working?! I also updated all sources etc but I don't think that would've done anything?

Edited by Charlie

Rotation lock is native. Double tap the home button, swipe left to right in the task switcher. Brings up iPod controls and the rotation lock button :)

Cheers for the heads up on SBSettings, seems they fixed it today!

Rotation lock is native. Double tap the home button, swipe left to right in the task switcher. Brings up iPod controls and the rotation lock button :)

Cheers for the heads up on SBSettings, seems they fixed it today!

Oh - I'd seen an extra button there but thought it was iPod stuff so just ignored it as the iPod wasn't on!

Thanks. :)

My iPhone 4 is out for delivery! I really hope they're not lying to me.

Fingers crossed then, I'll keep my eye out for the UPS man.

Sorry I deleted my post because I saw that it was only in the US and didn't want to get any hopes up :D

So I installed OS4 and it deleted everything on my iPhone and failed to backup the previous stuff.

This is because Apple are retarded when it comes to software.

Is there no way I can view already owned apps linked to my iTunes account?

Why do I have to search for them all again and download them on my phone.

Seriously, the apps store has outgrown the regular iTunes system and they've still not updated it.

Supposedly I can check for available downloads.

But that button doesn't do anything.

Agh, frustrating.

So what time do you reckon I should be at an O2 store tomorrow? The store opens at 9, and I'm hoping to be there about 8-8.30. Surely they can't sell out that quick?

I'm not sure either. My local O2 stores are open at 8:02 so might get there for about half an hour earlier than that...

My O2 store near me opens at 10 and I'm getting there at 8 just to be sure.

I'd say go with 8. What's an extra half hour, really?

So you guys are all going to get one on a contract? I wish I had pre-ordered the SIM-Free one when it first appeared on the Apple store, but I chickened out, now it says "delivery by July 14th" :(

Tesco have just announced their iPhone 4 tariffs.

My plan is to grab a twelve month contract with Tesco, then take a second year for £15 a month via simplicity with o2.

£20 a month - 250 minutes, unlimited texts and 1Gb of iNet - Over all cost £589

£15 x 12 months - Over all cost £180

Tesco & O2 combo - £769

O2 - £879

Looks like a good plan to me, i take it the phone via tesco is pretty cheap then?

Mine didn't turn up today, I'll be very excited all day tomorrow now!

The phone is £349 with tesco, but if you can swallow that initial expense then its a very competitive deal.

Good luck! Tomorrow is going to be carnage based on how things have been handled so far.

I've still got no idea what to do... I can't get through to my local Tesco to see if they're selling them at midnight or not. If not at midnight, then when in the morning? What time to head to the O2 shop tomorrow for the 8:02 open?

So confusing!