NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

That's the SIM free, I'm looking to see what O2 offer as a phone locked to O2. A PAYG handset locked to Orange, for example, is £480 rather than £499.

Does anyone know, if I upgrade my iphone on O2, do I have to use one of these new tarrifs or can I keep my old one?

My old one has unlimited internet + international texts as part of my allowance, whereas the new tariffs disgracefully don't.

Where's the Vodafone pricing? Can't see it anywhere on their site.

My contract with o2 expires on the 23rd June too, so this launch date works out nicely. I need to switch though, as I get a terrible signal in my house, whereas my girlfriend's Orange 3GS works fine.

Now the prices aren't too awful I really want one. I don't think I can manage day 1, but I'm sure I can get one sometime soon. Gogo iPhone 4! Cracked screen no more!

Where's the Vodafone pricing? Can't see it anywhere on their site.

My contract with o2 expires on the 23rd June too, so this launch date works out nicely. I need to switch though, as I get a terrible signal in my house, whereas my girlfriend's Orange 3GS works fine.

It's been leaked and was posted on the previous page.

For the tech heads out there its been confirmed to have 512mb RAM compared to the iPads and iPhone 3G S' 256mb.

So... it's more powerful than the iPad. I guess in theory we could have iPhone 4 apps that can't run on iPad now then. 256MB always was a stupid decision, they should have made it 512MB+ because it's literally the weakest link in the hardware.

I agree, saying that I'm typing this on my 3GS with 4.0 on (multitasking) and it doesn't stutter, ever.

The Vodafone prices posted a couple of pages back are incorrect. Like they said officially - it was a test page.

I can't post the link because I have under 15 posts (long-time reader, rare poster!) - just do a Google search.

The cheapest you can pay is £42 (to round it up) a month effectively. I (will) pay less than half that for the same bundle. It just stuns me really.

Honestly can't wait to cast off the shackles of my crappy Samsung Tocco and nab this.

Ef why aye (FYI, not Geordie slang) O2 are only selling the phone to existing O2 customers for the first month as supply is going to be very limited.

O2 can suck my balls. Vodafone FTMFW.

Word.

O2 are more expensive, have the worst 3G coverage of all networks and have the slowest speeds. Makes no sense to buy the iPhone from them.

Thanks O2. I have a 3G but my name isn't on the account. I guess I won't be able to go in-store next week then. What to do...

Does if you get 30% off ;)

O2 or Carphone Warehouse employee?

I guess that does tip the scales. Still can't get why anyone else would want to go with them now though (aside from good local coverage) given they've scrapped true unlimited data. Wasn't that their ace in the hole?

Edited by McPhee

O2 or Carphone Warehouse employee?

I guess that does tip the scales. Still can't get why anyone else would want to go with them now though (aside from good local coverage) given they've scrapped true unlimited data. Wasn't that their ace in the hole?

Where I live o2 are more or less the only network with coverage, even then it's still pretty shit!

You can't really judge a network on the whole because nobody ever lives in every part of the uk on a routine basis =P

You could say to be that vodafone is hax brilliant but I will never touch their service because my area (in particular my house) is a vodafone deadzone.

(o2 is actually fantastic here, the best speeds by a very very longshot)

According to someone on the Digital Spy forums (so pinch that salt!) they walked into an O2 shop and were given a Micro Sim. May be worthwhile trying?

I agree, saying that I'm typing this on my 3GS with 4.0 on (multitasking) and it doesn't stutter, ever.

How have you got 4? When's this supposed to be out?

I'm not sure how but one of my friends was tweeting that he upgraded his iPhone to iOS4 the day after it was announced and I've seen others doing so. So I'm guessing its out there somewhere.

It's been out for developers for a while. Devs can add iPhone's to their development account (think it's up to 99 per account or something?) so some have been selling spare slots. Once your iPhone is registered as belonging to a developer you can install iOS 4.