NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

Oh fair enough, didn't actually realise that.

Also just realised that the cheapest unlocked iPhone is more expensive than the cheapest iPad. Unless O2 come out with a fantastic deal it looks like I'll be going to be moving over to Vodafone for the new iPhone. Will also hopefully be able to sell my 3G for a hundred pounds or so on eBay to offset th cost slightly.

Personally I'm hoping it will be slightly cheaper on PAYG since I don't mind having it locked to a network. (You could unlock the 3/3GS for free on O2 anyway)

Why aren't the white ones available? Are they going to be set on a certain network deal?

The guy opposite me has just ordered and his delivery date is already into July. Looks like it might be a case of queueing on release day.

I think I read somewhere that they are holding white ones back til later in the Summer.

i just managed to order 2, took me over an hour to do and I've got:

Estimated Shipping: By July 16th

Estimated Delivery: 19 Jul, 2010 - 20 Jul, 2010

That's crazy. When the 3GS came out I just walked into Carphone Warehouse mid-afternoon the day after release and got one.

I think I read somewhere that they are holding white ones back til later in the Summer.

Is this for any particular reason though? I'm now not sure what to do, I really want one at launch but I also really want a white one.

I don't know why, sorry. Probably because they heard a buzz about it and thought that people might buy the black one, then the white one when it becomes available :p

I think I might save up some funds and get the white one when it comes out instead. I've finally got it through my skull that I don't need it on launch day

I've ordered the black for the time being. Depending on what networks are offering I may cancel with Apple and go with someone else. I may also just buy a white one later if I can't sort that out.

Glad it's sorted though, and whatever happens I will have one for my trip in two weeks.

Oh, does anyone know how the hell I can change my simplicity tarrif. I've been trying the website and calling them all day - I don't seem to have the correct number at all.

I do need it! Well not really, but I've been waiting for a new iPhone since April, and I'm not in work next Thursday and Friday so I'm really hoping to get one either of those days. I'm also really fed up with how slow this 3G one is. How I long for a keyboard that doesn't lag!

£499 for 16GB? Sorry, no. Too much for me. Even if I was desperate for a new handset right now it'd still be a no, Vodafone offered me a Nexus One for £350. Will wait for Dell to start selling the Streak unlocked or until the end of the year and get the HTC Mondrian (which from the rumoured spec sheet sounds like a beast! Dual-core Snapdragon, 1GB RAM, 800x1280 screen! Windows Phone 7, which I'm not 100% sold on yet).

Edited by McPhee

Oh' date=' does anyone know how the hell I can change my simplicity tarrif. I've been trying the website and calling them all day - I don't seem to have the correct number at all.[/quote']2302 from your O2 phone. But do you "change" simplicity tariffs? Don't you just end the contract and start a new one?

McPhee, since i'm too lazy. Phone Vodafone and find out what they're charging for an upgrade or is it just the same as the pay as you go rate?

2302 from your O2 phone. But do you "change" simplicity tariffs? Don't you just end the contract and start a new one?

Either way it's the same end result isn't it?

McPhee, since i'm too lazy. Phone Vodafone and find out what they're charging for an upgrade or is it just the same as the pay as you go rate?

The thing with Vodafone is they tend to do deals on a per customer basis, I might phone up and be offered one for £400 and then you could phone up 5 minutes later and be told £499.

I will say if they offer me anything worthwhile though.

Not looking like any phone carriers are offering pre orders now then. I'm not entirely sure what to do now, cos I could just get up in the morning on the 24th and try and order online, or I could go to the store. But I don't fancy going to a ridiculously busy store.

Do O2 normally deliver the day after ordering?

Not looking like any phone carriers are offering pre orders now then. I'm not entirely sure what to do now, cos I could just get up in the morning on the 24th and try and order online, or I could go to the store. But I don't fancy going to a ridiculously busy store.

Do O2 normally deliver the day after ordering?

I'm working so won't get the chance of getting one from the store, I doubt there'll be any left by lunch time even :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to try and order online, but then I don't how the early upgrade thing will work doing it that way? Also is it midnight that you can start buying from the website?

Is it a realistic option to buy one from the US, is Sim Free basically the only possibility, is it not worth the hassle?

Or if you did buy a Sim Free, then what do you do back in the UK.

Yes I'm crap when it comes to phones... I don't buy them very often.

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm working so won't get the chance of getting one from the store, I doubt there'll be any left by lunch time even :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to try and order online, but then I don't how the early upgrade thing will work doing it that way? Also is it midnight that you can start buying from the website?

I was also wondering this. What time can you actually order online?

I'm probably not going to bother with going to a store I'm just going to order online.

Is it a realistic option to buy one from the US, is Sim Free basically the only possibility, is it not worth the hassle?

AT&T use the 850MHz and 1900MHz frequency bands for 3G, all UK operators use 900MHz and 1800MHz. Can't say for certain, but you might not get any 3G coverage with a US iPhone, all depends if they can roam 3G data (not all phones can). It probably does work, but worth the risk? You'd also lose all warranty.

Plus, the Yanks aren't getting theirs until July 14th now thanks to the order system falling flat on it's face. AT&T and Apple have made a right mess over there!

Edited by McPhee

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html

O2 full tariffs have been announced, now including the price of the phone.

From my calculations Vodafone is the cheapest if you want either the 16 or 32gb model on an 18 month, £35/month contract. Works out at £779 for Vodafone, £809 for O2 and £859 for T-Mobile over the 18 months. 32GB is £869, £909, £949. Networks in the same order.

You won't get any warranty over here if you buy one from the US.

AT&T use the 850MHz and 1900MHz frequency bands for 3G, all UK operators use 900MHz and 1800MHz. Can't say for certain, but you might not get any 3G coverage with a US iPhone, all depends if they can roam 3G data (not all phones can). It probably does work, but worth the risk? You'd also lose all warranty.

Plus, the Yanks aren't getting theirs until July 14th now thanks to the order system falling flat on it's face. AT&T and Apple have made a right mess over there!

You won't get any warranty over here if you buy one from the US.
Ah ok thanks guys, best give that option a miss then!