NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

They did, 30. You could just watch the video, it's not that long :smile:

Thats impressive. As good as my £180 camera.

I got an N900 and it was truly dreadful, hated it. Made a lot of money selling it though!

Whats so bad about it? It does anything I ask of it.

This explains a lot, you're clearly blind if you think these are identical :)

Clearly blind. Lol. I guess McPhee is clearly blind too, because he seemed to agree with me. Seriously, I'm not hating on this phone, but I can barely tell the difference in this photo. I still don't know which is which (which is which, and can you explain why) ?

EDIT! Okay, I've just looked again, and I hadn't clicked on view in 1040 whatever before, it actually is pretty clearly better. Looks as crisp as N900's screen :p.

Edited by ReZourceman

I guess McPhee is clearly blind too, because he seemed to agree with me

I was taking the piss.

The hardware on this new iPhone looks amazing, it's just the software side that's letting things down. Personally I found the Froyo and Windows Phone 7 announcements far more interesting with a lot of very good ideas in both. I was hoping Apple would start moving toward the cloud and reduce the amount we need to use iTunes (maybe even wireless sync! :woops:) but no, 'FaceTime' is the 'big' feature.

The keynote said that quite strictly upgrades are only available if you are due before the end of the year. I'm hoping that means I can upgrade my handset (at a high price) without extending my contract by a further 24 months.A data plan for eReaders and wireless dongles for laptops is bad enough, I don't want to start signing up to data plans for my camera too. Then it might as well be a phone... that doesn't make phone calls.

That was AT&T only.

I got lucky with Vodafone, i just upgraded on the 26/5/10 to a 32GB iPhone 3GS then found out about this yesterday. I phoned them up and they have agreed to take this phone back off me and i can upgrade to whatever i want again.

Well most phone companies have a 14 day return policy on any phone if you don't like it so you were lucky that it wasn't a few days further down the line!

it's big but there isnt a lot of pixel detail... not quite there for sharpness

For general out and about pictures that will more than suffice for me.

I really can't wait for this now, looks like it's leagues ahead of my current 3G model. Currently thinking I'm going to go for a white one with a blue bumper, bit bored of having black iPhones now.

For general out and about pictures that will more than suffice for me.

I really can't wait for this now' date=' looks like it's leagues ahead of my current 3G model. Currently thinking I'm going to go for a white one with a blue bumper, bit bored of having black iPhones now.[/quote']

yeah white for sure! but not too certain about the $25 plastic bumper...

I wouldn't usually, but now I'm thinking I'm going to get away from ridiculous contracts and buy the phones outright. If I can keep it in top condition then it makes next years upgrade a little easier on the wallet.

I quite like the splash of colour too.

The bumpers seem to look nice on the white one, but not so good on the black one. I'm not bothered though, I've used the same leather pouch thing since I got my iPod touch years ago :)

(didn't stop the crummy white back from developing little cracks though)

I'm in Shortys boat, I've got an iPod sock I've been using for years. I just throw it in the wash every so often.

Well most phone companies have a 14 day return policy on any phone if you don't like it so you were lucky that it wasn't a few days further down the line!

Vodafones rturn policy is only 7 days, so i was very lucky to get a nice person on the phone!

Vodafones rturn policy is only 7 days, so i was very lucky to get a nice person on the phone!

No matter what they claim/say how long their return policy is, by law they still need to give you 14 days to cancel your contract.

O2 outlines upgrading: http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/howtoupgrade.html

However, even if you're currently in the middle of your minimum term there are a number of options to get your hands on one.

Cost of upgrading early

All Pay Monthly O2 customers are part of O2 Priority List and everyone has an opportunity to upgrade early. Have a look at the table below to see how soon you will be eligible for an upgrade.

If you're a Platinum customer... get a 6 month early upgrade

If you're a Gold customer... get a 3 month early upgrade

If you're a Silver or Blue customer... get a 1 month early upgrade

If you don't already know your Priority List tier you'll be able to find out from mid-day 10 June by texting DATE to 21302.

I'm assuming O2 will let me pre order through their website on the 15th, so I can have it delivered to my door on the 24th. That would be nice of them :)

I would imagine so, it's what I'm hoping for at least.

What I wondering, is whether if the new contracts will be the gimped versions from when the iphone first started or would be be on par with the new simplicity for iphone ones recently used.

According to Pocket-Link the O2 upgrade will be £20 a month for the remainder of your contract, plus an unspecified cost for the device.

I loved this comment:

until someone gives me FREE video minutes or bundles it into my existing contract, I can't see it being worth jumping yet...

I could see 3 offering it at a much better deal than the others as they have supported video calling for ages but noone wanted it till now...

It's funny how people don't realise that this is the same as a webcam on a laptop (although then you have the option of a broadband dongle, so it's possible to use it without WiFi), and not video calling. Fring for Android does the same (plus allows really poor quality 3G video chats).

What I wondering, is whether if the new contracts will be the gimped versions from when the iphone first started or would be be on par with the new simplicity for iphone ones recently used.

I don't see any reason that they would change it now. I expect we will see pretty much exactly the same deals as we have done for the past few years.

According to Pocket-Link the O2 upgrade will be £20 a month for the remainder of your contract, plus an unspecified cost for the device.

I wonder if this is only when you start a new contract... what I really want is to escape my contract and go over to simplicity.

It seems that T-Mobile and 3 will also be getting the iPhone 4.