NEurope
Dante

iPhone 4/iOS4

Apparently AT&T are offering upgrades as long as your upgrade date is anytime in 2010 so O2 may follow suite...or may not. Damn O2!

In other news:

apple-wwdc-2010-348-rm-eng.jpg

Scariest. Image. Ever.

If you register your interest at O2 they ask for your address and they "may" send you a micro sim...

You could always attempt to turn your current sim into a micro sim.

Yeah I know, I suggested it to the Short Stuff a few pages back :p Just thought I'd share that info.

I think I'm going to do that, but it means selling my 3GS without really knowing how much the 4 will be on PAYG...

I know nobody's handled one, but does it seem better than the best HTC?

Suppose personal preference. Some websites have handled it (for example).

Personally unless its uncharacteristically cheap (which I highly doubt) I'll be going with the Desire (which will hopefully be cheaper by the end of the month when this is out).

Depends what you want from a phone really Molly. If annoying ReZ is your top priority then yes. Buy this, burn comics and spell correctly.

Hmm... well it doesn't have as good a camera as the HTC Evo, nor is it 4G like the Evo [Edit - although we don't even have 4G here yet]. The iPhone has the better screen though and the Evo is a very bulky device. It's bigger than the N900 even.

iPhone 4 vid is up on the Apple site

http://www.apple.com

Edited by Shorty

Can't say I'm a fan of Apple's marketing videos. They almost talk about video calling on a phone as if it's never been done before.

I really love Apple, and I love their products but they could do with cutting out the bullshit from these videos.

Video calling has never been done very well before. This one works over WiFi so it will be smooth and sexy and you will be a handsome man with a chiseled unshaven jaw in your $500 hotel room talking to your supermodel wife. The videos don't lie man.

Apparently AT&T are offering upgrades as long as your upgrade date is anytime in 2010 so O2 may follow suite...or may not. Damn O2!

In other news:

apple-wwdc-2010-348-rm-eng.jpg

Scariest. Image. Ever.

"Where is my prototype!"

On a serious note, whilst I was not physically excited after the keynote, I am impressed with the display and how crisp it is! They also did a good job making OS4 free and lowering the prices and negotiating the 6 month thing/ Overall they moved in the right direction :)

Hmm... well it doesn't have as good a camera as the HTC Evo, nor is it 4G like the Evo [Edit - although we don't even have 4G here yet]. The iPhone has the better screen though and the Evo is a very bulky device. It's bigger than the N900 even.

If your phone has cracks in take it to your local Apple store and get it swapped over there and then, I did. It means you will have a brand new phone sell :)

Also good news for o2 people! They said on there Twitter excitsing iPhone customers will get a limited upgrade offer!

They're kind of amusingly cultist though [the videos, damn people replying!]. "Apple invented everything, even God!"

But then they also did this, which is a +1 for them:

(and no, its not because they're advertising their amazing "doing other things while on hold" features that most phones have had for years)

Dear Apple, I don't want people to see my face when I make calls. I lie for good reasons, don't try and trick me out!

Suppose personal preference. Some websites have handled it (for example).

Personally unless its uncharacteristically cheap (which I highly doubt) I'll be going with the Desire (which will hopefully be cheaper by the end of the month when this is out).

Depends what you want from a phone really Molly. If annoying ReZ is your top priority then yes. Buy this, burn comics and spell correctly.

I do spell correctly. I hope :P

What do I want from a phone?

Fast internet

Good touch screen with multitouch

Good camera

A good selection of Aps

Slimline and easily pocketable

Something pretty

Hmm... well it doesn't have as good a camera as the HTC Evo, nor is it 4G like the Evo. It has a slightly better screen though and the Evo is a very bulky device. It's bigger than the N900 even.

It is quite sexy. I say that from the pictures, not the video. I don't have quicktime, ha. Guess I'll see how much it's going to set me back first.

I do spell correctly. I hope :P

What do I want from a phone?

Fast internet

Good touch screen with multitouch

Good camera

A good selection of Aps

Slimline and easily pocketable

Something pretty

It is quite sexy. I say that from the pictures, not the video. I don't have quicktime, ha. Guess I'll see how much it's going to set me back first.

That you do. Keep it up girl!

All of those things you can do/are featured on the Desire (I only say that one because its the only one I really know about). Although some people say they think the Legend looks better than the Desire but their mothers obviously smoked crack while pregnant.

If your phone has cracks in take it to your local Apple store and get it swapped over there and then, I did. It means you will have a brand new phone sell :)

Also good news for o2 people! They said on there Twitter excitsing iPhone customers will get a limited upgrade offer!

When I initially got my contract it was with a Nokia N800 (or whatever that shitty touchscreen 'comes with music' edition thing was), so I bought a PAYG iPhone and transferred my sim over. I'm fairly sure I changed/selected something on the o2 website informing them of this and it was changed to an iPhone contract. Has anyone else done this (yes I'm aware I spent a ridiculous amount of money on both a contract and a phone :heh:) and will my current contract be as if I got an iPhone from the start?

Not sure if that makes sense but basically wanna know if I'll be eligible for any upgrade offer o2 do (considering it wasn't originally an iPhone contract)...?

I haven't held a phone that feels better than the HTC Hero. The "lip" on it means that it sits in your hand at the perfect angle.

Edit: Also, I take it this "brand new" video calling is the same as Android/iPhone Apps that allow video calling over wifi?

Edit2: What is the point of video calls anyway? It seems like it's one of those "It's not useful to anyone, but we can use it ad an advertising point" things.

Edited by Cube

Because its new to the iPhone and thus new to the world. Did you know phones can take 5MP pictures now?

I can't see myself using video calls. Half the time I'm on the phone I'm doing a few other things. Or (not 'and') inappropriately dressed. Either way, nobody wants to see that! :p

In other news; Orange and Vodaphone have confirmed that they will also be carrying this. Details to follow.

Edited by Ashley

Because its new to the iPhone and thus new to the world. Did you know phones can take 5MP pictures now?

Phones can take pictures? Preposterous!

I haven't held a phone that feels better than the HTC Hero. The "lip" on it means that it sits in your hand at the perfect angle.

Edit: Also, I take it this "brand new" video calling is the same as Android/iPhone Apps that allow video calling over wifi?

Edit2: What is the point of video calls anyway? It seems like it's one of those "It's not useful to anyone, but we can use it ad an advertising point" things.

The evo uses Qik for video calling which includes 3/4G (in addition to wifi)

Will have to agree with your point on video calling.

I think I would take vodaphone and O2 over orange anyday for any handset. Orange tend to crap orange world stuff all over every phone they put out essentially making it rather gimped.

This does interest me but being that my contact isn't up until late next year; Vodafone will either have to offer amazing upgrade possiblities or it has to be pretty cheap to buy (hah). I don't really need it though, My Blackberry is awesome. Suppose it's just the new gadget feeling.

I'm not blown away; Google's I/O conference was far, far more impressive. However, iPhone 4 does look very nice. The styling is great, beyond any other phone out there (way better than the toy-like Desire). It's kinda Motorola Droid-like but more modern. I might order, will have to give it some thought over the next week because it looks like a very good handset. The only other possibilities are the Dell Streak (if O2 start unlocking them) or the Motorola Milestone XT720 (but I don't really use phone cameras so 8MP w/ Xenon flash would be a waste).