NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kirkatronics

Reasonable Hosting

I am lookinng for somewhere where i can host a website.

I have looked at a few and i'm not really as savvy with this as i thought i was.

Anyone got any suggestions for me?

Host Excellence.

Fairly cheap, tons of features, and you get unlimited bandwidth and space.

Host Excellence.

There's no such thing as unlimited space. I'd be vary wary of a company which sells you unlimited webspace. They'll be vastly overselling what they have which could lead to significant slow down.

I swear by http://www.dataflame.co.uk and use them whenever I need to host a website. Fantastic service, never once had any down time. Support issues are handled generally within 10 minutes and they're always really helpful with any problems you have.

Obviously unlimited space is impossible. But they give you so much space that they're pretty sure nobody will ever go over it. I've hosted with them for nearly 4 years though without any sort of issues. They're worth looking in to at the very least.

I'll just give these a quick look in.

I did look into Go Daddy, but they seem to charge for things which others give as standard.

Tsohost will Do you good. UK based great help support. I will be using them again to set up some more websites of my own and for clients http://tsohost.co.uk

You get just a little bit less than this for free with Freehostia, so i think i'll give these a miss.

Host Excellence.

They are extremly cheap, which makes me a bit weary.

I advise you try http://www.freehostia.com/

It's got the best free service and you can give it a try, then commit money if you want to see it go further.

I've used them before and they are pretty decent.

I have used the free service in the past, ans its the best free hosting i have ever used.

May give these a second glance.

I swear by www.dataflame.co.uk and use them whenever I need to host a website. Fantastic service, never once had any down time. Support issues are handled generally within 10 minutes and they're always really helpful with any problems you have.

Their prices seem quite reasonable for the features, might give these the go ahead unless something better comes up.

Edited by Kirkatronics
Automerged Doublepost

I use GoDaddy, they're pretty decent but you have to be very specific about what you don't want during the signup. They're very reliable though, I've never had a problem with my site or any noticable downtime in a few years.

I use GoDaddy, they're pretty decent but you have to be very specific about what you don't want during the signup. They're very reliable though, I've never had a problem with my site or any noticable downtime in a few years.

Yea, i heard they're abslutly amazing.

Just a tad expensive for basic stuff imo.

Does anyone know of any decent Windows hosting that supports SQL 2008 and asp.net 4 mvc 2?

+1 for TSOhost. I use them to host my clients site. Cheapest and great support. A great little company!

Sign in to follow this