NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

I'll be playing on the 18th, feel free to add me on Live :D

Feel free to add me for the 25th, i shall be online then

About to play :D

Have fun, don't spoil anything for me. Can't wait to get hold of it myself either.

I failed to get a code. I'll have a pre-order one but I won't be able to use it until the 3rd May.

I had a couple of hours on it this morning before I had to shoot off to work. It feels much smoother than Gears 1 and looks fantastic. I like how they are limiting what you can do on the beta by releasing game modes bit by bit. Time for a shower then off to play some more.

EDIT: Here's the schedule for the game modes and maps.

•Mon 18th April through Sun 24th - TDM on Thrashball and Checkout only.

•Mon 25th April through Sun 1st - TDM on Thrashball, Checkout, and Trenches only.

•Mon 2nd May through Sun 8th - TDM and KOTH on all 4 beta maps.

•Mon 9th May through Sun 15th - TDM, KOTH, and CTL on all 4 beta maps."

Edited by Hero-of-Time

^Cool.

Probably would enable better feedback for the dev team by every beta mode gets a good go by people rather than people choosing!

^Cool.

Probably would enable better feedback for the dev team by every beta mode gets a good go by people rather than people choosing!

Agreed, can find the individual kinks as well.

Oh, at the moment there is 32x XP on Gears 2. If anyone is interested.

Holy crap, 32x??

Be playin that tonight.

Edit: unless Portal 2 has arrived while I'm at work, obv.

Edited by Shorty

Holy crap, 32x??

Be playin that tonight.

I only discovered it last night, and over the course of 3 hours i've risen 13 levels.

I only discovered it last night, and over the course of 3 hours i've risen 13 levels.

The quickest way to level up is to play Horde on Insane difficulty on the Security map and just do the first round and then jump into the lasers.

If you want to level up by playing matches then social is the way to go as you end up fighting bots alot of the time which equals easy kills. :D

Unlocked the Cole Train in the beta, just 9 more matches and I'll get him in his Thrashball get-up for the retail copy :D

Unlocked the Cole Train in the beta, just 9 more matches and I'll get him in his Thrashball get-up for the retail copy :D

Remind me, i hate you : peace: for early access.

It's annoying seeing the peeps playing Gears 3 beta on my friend list. With me lagging behind a week, due to pre-order of Gears 3 and/or not winning a code.

Got my e-mail for the beta code this afternoon!! :D

Not able to test and see if it lets me in yet.

Yeah, mine came through now. I'll test after this latest Gears 2 session, but i think we may have to wait until the 25th

Edit: 360 gamers can get access now, sweet.

Edit 2: Still can't play it until next week, darn it

Edited by Jimbob

I finally unlocked Cole and the Golden Retro Lancer for the retail release. I'm not a fan of the Retro Lancer, it's very powerful but it's hard to control. You have to shoot in bursts to get the best out of it.

A weird thing happened this morning. We were playing as normal and then the dedicated servers went off, the locations of the grenades changed and then the Old Town map became available for a short time. This all went back to normal around midday.

I have started to notice alot of players are just sitting at spawn and killing people. I hope Epic sort this out before the game ships as it makes the game very annoying and unfair.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I have started to notice alot of players are just sitting a spawn and killing people. I hope Epic sort this out before the game ships as it makes the game very annoying and unfair.

Well hopefully if they take things on board and enough users bring it up from the beta then u would like to think they would sort it!! :)

Yeah there's a lot of camping, especially with the sawn-off shotgun but you can generally work around it if you catch on early enough. I love the retro-lancer, it's more powerful and generally I use it to shoot at still targets because you can get the down before the have a chance to react what with it being so powerful. Otherwise just sprint at them with the gnasher and hope for a 1-shot kill. I love the lance charge as well, much more fun than the chainsaw.

Not had a chance to play this too much lately and I have a busy work schedule ahead so I probably won't get back into it until Tuesday :(

Been on this again today and it's so much easier playing as a team. My nephew, my mate and me were getting owned on the Thrashball stadium so we decided to hold up at the top area. We all took positions that gave us an advantage, one on each side and one in the middle. We had 3 lives while our opponents had 8, but seeing as we were communicating we pulled it back and won the match.

My nephew is a beast on this game ( has been on all of the Gears games ) yesterday he was in the top 200 players in the world. I think I was kicking around 40,000 or something. :laughing:

Like in all Gears games there is ALOT of kill stealing going on in the games. It's ok if both are firing at the guy, but when you blatantly down an enemy and then a guy just walks up and finishes him off it's annoying as hell. It's not as if it's like Gears 1 where you don't know who downed the enemy, the game tells you.

Played a bit of that new map today.

I forget what it's called but it's a deserty place and an epic sandstorm kicks in - perfect time to just charge about with the retro lancer!. Great map

So I preordered from Game, they said I'd get an email on the 21st for the beta code. Not got anything, not even a mail to say they've ran out of codes :hmm:

What do I do?

So I preordered from Game, they said I'd get an email on the 21st for the beta code. Not got anything, not even a mail to say they've ran out of codes :hmm:

What do I do?

E-Mail them and ask. I got my code from GAME and i know some other peeps who have had their codes from them as well.

I'll be online tonight for a few hours, add me for a match.

First impressions, wow. That is all (for now). Much different to Gears 2, and 10x better so far.

Edited by Jimbob