NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

I'll be making this a purchase, always enjoyed the Gears games. So i don't see why i wouldn't like this title.

Looking good!!! :grin:

I am a bit of a fanboy though when it comes to gears, although ive always been shit online!

SAVE CARMINE!

Gamers will get the chance to decide whether videogame character Clayton Carmine lives or dies in upcoming shooter Gears of War 3.

From 29th July, two different T-shirts will be available on Avatar Marketplace, with all proceeds going to charity Child's Play.

One is emblazoned with "Carmine Must Die" on the front, the other with "Save Carmine". Whichever one sells the most will determine whether Carmine lives or dies in the game.

In the first two Gears of War games, a rookie Carmine has bit the dust as a means of teaching the player how not to fight the unending Locust horde.

The poor rookie soldiers haven't had much luck. This time, though, Carmine's fate is in your hands. Mummy Carmine will be delighted.

It's about time one of the brothers survived a Gears game! :D

Lol, A., B. and C. Carmine.

I am almost certain that he will die, though.

I loved how the first one died so suddenly, but the second one (who in our co-op campaign was assigned "the dude who will heal you if you fall over", and was routinely awarded with a "thanks carmine!" shouted at the TV) lived and lived until you forgot all about the first one... so his death was a proper "wtf... awww man!"

In the third one there should be a close-call with death that he survives, then he disappears from the game for a while, then comes back so we're all "aah, he's gonna dieee!" then he survives! ... 'til the end of the end credits where there'd be a scene of him getting mauled.

Edited by jayseven
Automerged Doublepost

I loved how the first one died so suddenly, but the second one (who in our co-op campaign was assigned "the dude who will heal you if you fall over", and was routinely awarded with a "thanks carmine!" shouted at the TV) lived and lived until you forgot all about the first one... so his death was a proper "wtf... awww man!"

In the third one there should be a close-call with death that he survives, then he disappears from the game for a while, then comes back so we're all "aah, he's gonna dieee!" then he survives! ... 'til the end of the end credits where there'd be a scene of him getting mauled.

I could see that happening, make us all think that we did a good deed with "saving" him.

So, who's going to be taking part in the voting then??

I think that in half-way through the scene, Carmine should be caught in an explosion. All that Marcus can find is half of his helmet.

Then near the end of the game, Marcus and the team is cornered and it looks like there's no chance of escape, then Carmine (with half of his helmet missing) jumps in and saves them all.

The new XP event is detailed for Gears 2 and Carmines fate is looking good! :bouncy:

Epic Games' Rod Fergusson tweeted tonight that the previously announced Labor Day/PAX event's experience multiplier will be the number of Gears of War Facebook followers divided by 1,000. It is currently already at just about 11,500, an increase of 1,500 people since the announcement just four hours ago. To follow their Facebook page, simply login and click the "Like" button at the top. No deadline has been set for when the multiplier will be set in stone, though Rod did confirm that he will not be capping this event. The sky's the limit, folks! The event itself will run from September 3rd through the 7th.

Fergusson also put through an update on the fate of Carmine, something that will be determined by the fans for Gears of War 3. The third Carmine brother is currently scheduled... to live! If you take as much offense to that as I do, be sure to grab your Carmine Must Die shirt (Male / Female) off the marketplace now. Or if you're a bleeding heart like my wife, grab that silly Save Carmine shirt (Male / Female). The "voting" for the fate of Carmine will end September 2nd. Also available are actual shirts to match (you know, for your Avatar's real life counterpart), available via NECA (and through Amazon) at the official Carmine update page linked above.

NOOOOOO!

Xbox 360 exclusive Gears of War 3 has been delayed from 8th April 2011 to autumn 2011, a report claims.

According to a statement sent to Kotaku, Epic Games' third-person shooter was moved "to make it the marquee title for the holiday season".

"Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011," the Microsoft statement reads.

"The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the spring of 2011. However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."

We've contacted Epic Games for comment and will update as and when.

Until then, know this: Gears of War 3's playable appearance at Eurogamer Expo 2010 is now even more spectacular.

Im gutted.

Meh, there are plenty of other and likely better games to be playing anyways.

Gears should be at eurogamer, if I manage to get my mits on playing it I'll try relaying it here :D

It's probably so that MS can "attempt" to really push Kinect more, and make this a "Holiday" game. As i think they don't have anything else for that period to release worth pushing.

Perhaps the delay is to make it a Kinect exclusive...

I hope that is a joke, because if it isn't i think Epic will recieve thousands of hate mail letters/e-mails.

After playing a short bit of it, I seriously doubt it guys.

Campaign was off limits at eurogamer, but the beast mode, is quite amusing, I really really liked killing people on that!

Edited by nightwolf

Me manager said he loved playing as the Ticker. I can only imagine how awesome that must be :D

Me manager said he loved playing as the Ticker. I can only imagine how awesome that must be :D

It was such a laugh, definitely quite pleasing to play! :grin: