NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Never really got into the competitive multiplayer. I guess it's all about running around with a shotgun of some description?

OK...so..

- The sawed-off is only useful for the instant kills. Anything else and you're dead. The instant kill range is very short.- The Gnasher is more effective for slightly longer range, but may take more stops. It still can instant kill at point blank range.

- To me, this is pretty balanced. People with the Gnasher can still corner-kill as usual, it's just a little bit easier with the Sawed-off.

That's the problem, it wasn't that short. The actual distance it took to instant kill someone was far too high.

My mate and I were playing on Checkout and he hid behind the stack of papers near the counter. A guy from the other team was in the doorway to the right and instant killed him with a SOS shot as my mate popped up. I ran to where my mates body was lying and I shot at the enemy with my Gnasher twice, with active reloads, and still didn't bring him down yet one shot from a SOS could kill him. If you look at the distance there is no way a SOS should be able to kill someone from where they were both standing.

Just check youtube and various forums and you will see/read many examples of similar situations.

Thank god epic fixed the sawn off. Will be able to get back to classic gears battles again.

Shame they also nixed the xp

Just lost all my damn achievement progress. :/ any half finished achievements except player level have reset to 0. So I have to find all 42 collectables again when I already had about 30 :mad: Execution kills, cog tags, progress on hardcore... All a waste of time! Really annoying. And I remember the same thing happening to me on Gears 2!

I finished the campaign on Hardcore and the achievement didn't pop up. Said I hadn't done 2 chapters in Act IV. So I did them, the achievement came up, but then next time I loaded it to try insane mode, it still said I hadn't done those chapters. So I did it again, and it finally opened up, but I've also lost some medals and ribbons too.

:(

Slightly annoying to be fair, luckly none of that has occured to me on Gears 3. Hope no-one else is having these issues.

More than Slightly! I just reached Act V on Co-op, I've lost all my progress towards completing all acts, completing all acts on co-op, completing all acts on hardcore, cog tags, execution kills, collectibles....

On GoW2 it was even worse, I lost all of my kills, which you may remember was part of a 100,000-kills or something achievement.

More than Slightly! I just reached Act V on Co-op, I've lost all my progress towards completing all acts, completing all acts on co-op, completing all acts on hardcore, cog tags, execution kills, collectibles....

On GoW2 it was even worse, I lost all of my kills, which you may remember was part of a 100,000-kills or something achievement.

But all the progress bars you mentioned for Gears 3 go towards the stupidly insane achievement.

Just lost all my damn achievement progress. :/ any half finished achievements except player level have reset to 0. So I have to find all 42 collectables again when I already had about 30 :mad: Execution kills, cog tags, progress on hardcore... All a waste of time! Really annoying. And I remember the same thing happening to me on Gears 2!

WTF! That's shit! :(

I finished the campaign on Hardcore and the achievement didn't pop up. Said I hadn't done 2 chapters in Act IV. So I did them, the achievement came up, but then next time I loaded it to try insane mode, it still said I hadn't done those chapters. So I did it again, and it finally opened up, but I've also lost some medals and ribbons too.

:(

I did have a small problem in Gears 2 with the co-op achievement. Completed it but it didn't unlock and I read that if you finished a chapter and started again from a checkpoint it might not register or some shit. Luckily there was only a small bit and i redid on co-op and it was sorted.

Google yesterday brought up someone who thought it might be to do with often quitting to dashboard (guide then Y). It seems unlikely but I have done that on occasion, so warning: don't!

Google yesterday brought up someone who thought it might be to do with often quitting to dashboard (guide then Y). It seems unlikely but I have done that on occasion, so warning: don't!

There might be some truth to that, because every time you end the game normally and it sends you to the main menu it always updates the stats etc.

Still you'd have thought that they would include some sort of fail-safe to stop you from losing all your data... that's really shit. :(

Well, it makes sense in that regard, but doesn't explain why I would have all my progress reset to 0 :/ maybe not be saved from my latest session, but not erased completely.

You can get back the execution kills pretty quickly though :D I will do a run through on Normal for the co-op achievey and a solo-play on Hardcore for the chapters. I'm trying to view it as an excuse to play more Gears :heh:

Just played in my first match with someone who is level 100! I was like :eek:

It ain't a big deal since that levelling up method came out last week. I'm rank 89 and could have easily been 100 over the weekend using said method. Loads of players are using it to rank up fast as hell.

By doing this method on insane you get 1000xp every 30 seconds ( including loading ). If you get to that point with another person and have the highest score you get progress towards a medal. If you get there without dying you get another medal and finally the score you keep getting everytime you load up the game counts towards another medal.

It's a fantastic way to level up and epic can't patch it because it doesn't have to be done online. Kinda makes them nerfing the exp pointless now :D

It ain't a big deal since that levelling up method came out last week. I'm rank 89 and could have easily been 100 over the weekend using said method. Loads of players are using it to rank up fast as hell.

By doing this method on insane you get 1000xp every 30 seconds ( including loading ). If you get to that point with another person and have the highest score you get progress towards a medal. If you get there without dying you get another medal and finally the score you keep getting everytime you load up the game counts towards another medal.

It's a fantastic way to level up and epic can't patch it because it doesn't have to be done online. Kinda makes them nerfing the exp pointless now :D

Ah I see. Lol, I wasn't aware of above method. All I really care about is getting to level 50 for the cheevo (I'm 48 atm), I'm never going to get seriously 3.0, as much as I love the game I am not willing to put the time in grinding wise to get ALL of the onyx medals.

Still need to do an insane playthrough on co-op so I can get them ones (hint hint anyone). And will still play online because I love it! :D

Ah I see. Lol, I wasn't aware of above method. All I really care about is getting to level 50 for the cheevo (I'm 48 atm), I'm never going to get seriously 3.0, as much as I love the game I am not willing to put the time in grinding wise to get ALL of the onyx medals.

Yeah, some of the Onyx medals are just insane. Play 3000 matches on each match variation, 5000 kills with each weapon, stupid amount of waves on horde. I'm hoping they change some of the values for some of these as they are insane. I know in the next update they are changing the Nemesis medal as it actually encourages you to play badly.

Yeah, some of the Onyx medals are just insane. Play 3000 matches on each match variation, 5000 kills with each weapon, stupid amount of waves on horde. I'm hoping they change some of the values for some of these as they are insane. I know in the next update they are changing the Nemesis medal as it actually encourages you to play badly.

Yeah, totally agree, I have already had hours and hours worth of online vs fun on this but yet I have not even scratched the surface of some of them medals!

I did get to level 50 today though! Yay!

More DLC announced.

Gears of War 3 will expand again on 13th December with Raam's Shadow, Epic has announced.

In it, you play as General Raam, the final boss of Gears of War 1. And you must storm the human stronghold of Ilima City in a campaign set pre-Gears of War 1 and lasting around three hours.

You'll also play as new COG team Zeta Squad, lead by Michael Barrick and filled out by Lt. Minh Young Kim, Tai Kaliso and new girl Alicia Valera.

On top of that, there are six new multiplayer characters, the Chocolate Weapon Set and an extra 250 gamerpoints.

Alone, the content costs 1200 Microsoft Points.

Raam's Shadow is free to owners of the 2400 MSP Gears of War 3 Season Pass.

More DLC announced.

Was just reading about this over on twitter.

Sounds ace! I'm up for more campaign stuff! Since the first dlc is horde based and this one campaign, I am wondering if the next will be just a load of new vs maps maybe?

How long do I have to buy the Season Pass? Annoyingly, I have 2350MSP in my balance...

Sweet, it does sound like a nice bit of DLC.

@Dog\-amoto. If it's like the pass for LA Noire, probably a few more weeks or something

There is a hardcore playlist available this weekend.

We will have a “Hardcore†playlist in Execution with Gnashers only, Stalemates and no Smoke Grenades. To make it even more interesting, the Must Active Reload and Infinite Ammo mutators will be included. We are also making some changes to the Warzone and Execution playlists for this weekend only. We are changing the number of rounds from three to five and we are bringing back stalemates. The event ends Monday morning at 9:00 AM Eastern. This is the next-to-last Epictober event, so be sure to play! You may need to restart your console to see the changes.

In public Beast and Horde mode all public matches will be set to Hardcore difficulty, so watch your back!

http://epicgames.com/community/2011/10/gears-weekend-hardcore-playlist-warzone-changes/

When it says Gnashers only, does that mean no Lancers or any other pick ups. Or just no SOS?

Because just having shotguns would be boring.

Hate these weapon weekends. Torque Bow tag was terrible. It just unbalances the game

When it says Gnashers only, does that mean no Lancers or any other pick ups. Or just no SOS?

Because just having shotguns would be boring.

Hate these weapon weekends. Torque Bow tag was terrible. It just unbalances the game

Just gnasher, I played one before. Oh and u do get a pistol...

You get infinite ammo but only a perfect reload will work.