NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Nearly cracked Insane Beast mode earlier, got to wave 12 then ran out of time. Cheers for the help H-O-T. As you said earlier, needed to be in a party to get tactics. Then we could have cracked it.

On Act V, Chapter II in Campaign. Nearly there now.

Nearly cracked Insane Beast mode earlier, got to wave 12 then ran out of time. Cheers for the help H-O-T. As you said earlier, needed to be in a party to get tactics. Then we could have cracked it.

Yeah, we got the first few rounds right with a few of us being Drones and othes being Tickers but the later stages were a bit messy. As soon as someone can afford the Kantus they switch to him and then as soon as you can be a Boomer you swith to that. You basically have a team of Boomers with a Kantus or two running around with them as support units.

First DLC content revealed. For 800ms points unless you have the season pass on November 1st. Also will have 250G worth of new achievements.

Three spectacular new maps:

Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.

Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship’s Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.

Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera’s educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.

New fortification upgrades:

Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.

Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.

Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.

Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.

New characters:

Onyx Guard

Big Rig Dizzy

Bernie

New weapon skins:

Team Plasma

Jungle Camo

http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/

EDIT: Forgot to say that the DLC is called Horde Command Pack so the maps may just be for horde only. Not sure.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Horde and private vs, apparently. Probably not balanced for ranked play I imagine (or just not going in to the bumpers for penniless heathens.)

Yeah, we got the first few rounds right with a few of us being Drones and othes being Tickers but the later stages were a bit messy. As soon as someone can afford the Kantus they switch to him and then as soon as you can be a Boomer you swith to that. You basically have a team of Boomers with a Kantus or two running around with them as support units.

Yup, had it right for a while. Should try again at some point, this time in party chat.

First DLC content revealed. For 800ms points unless you have the season pass on November 1st. Also will have 250G worth of new achievements.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the DLC is called Horde Command Pack so the maps may just be for horde only. Not sure.

Doubt the maps will be horde-only. Well, hope not.

Cracked the campaign last night, a good end to a great series of games.

Doubt the maps will be horde-only. Well, hope not.

@Dan Dare is right, private vs and horde only, just read the end of the press release:

Also playable in Beast mode and privately hosted Versus matches, the Horde Command Pack promises to extend your Gears of War 3 experience.

Microsoft are also promising future game add-on announcements, including new campaign and multiplayer content later this winter

My quote above relating to the maps does describe them as set up for horde.

My quote above relating to the maps does describe them as set up for horde.

Aye, read the article in full now. With the season pass, it does entitle us to the first 4 dlc at discount price (pre-ordered/bought). So i guess one dlc pack could be maps for deathmatch/warzone/king of the hill etc.

Big head event is on this weekend!

I just played as match then and I found it quite funny! Heads are massive (obviously!) And the voices are a higher pitch!

Big head event is on this weekend!

I just played as match then and I found it quite funny! Heads are massive (obviously!) And the voices are a higher pitch!

Yup, although it gets annoying if you play for a while. :D

If you guys want to do Horde or Beast on insane difficulty then we should all get together at the same time and do it in one go. I've done them already but I do enjoy these modes the most and will quite happily play through them again.

I'm up for a Beast Insane run on Sunday, if you're up for it H.O.T. Free anytime from 1pm onwards, drop us a line if ya interested in assisting me out. This time, hope to crack the Oynx medal for this.

I'm up for a Beast Insane run on Sunday, if you're up for it H.O.T. Free anytime from 1pm onwards, drop us a line if ya interested in assisting me out. This time, hope to crack the Oynx medal for this.

Oi, I thought we had a date starting the campaign on insane on Sunday!!!? :(

Oi, I thought we had a date starting the campaign on insane on Sunday!!!? :(

I can multi-task, i just need to get the Beast Insane done to get my first Onyx medal.

I'll probably be on around 2ish so just send me a message and i'll jump in with you guys. Mike, you joining us for this?

I can multi-task, i just need to get the Beast Insane done to get my first Onyx medal.

Ok no problem!

I'll probably be on around 2ish so just send me a message and i'll jump in with you guys. Mike, you joining us for this?

Most definatly! :D

Most definatly! :D

No idea what happened there. I came on, waited for an invite from Jimbob as he was playing Mass Effect, sent a message asking if we were doing it and then he went offline. ::shrug::wtf:

Guess we will have to hook up some other time then. :D

No idea what happened there. I came on, waited for an invite from Jimbob as he was playing Mass Effect, sent a message asking if we were doing it and then he went offline. ::shrug::wtf:

Guess we will have to hook up some other time then. :D

I 2 was waiting for an invite! He said above he would be free from 1300 so I went on then but He told me on Facebook he was having his dinner at 1400 and would be back around 1500 but didn't show!

But yeah another time definitely!

did up to level 50 horde on the weekend, the 50th level is so fucking awesome. took HOURS to do.

loved it though.

gow3s.jpg

Daaaaaamn...

I would not rest a TV that big on a stool that small :heh:

Not just the small stool, but the guy who's house we are at has a very playful staffy.

she was walking around knocking the tv's, turned one of the lad's xbox off due to sniffing it.

fun night!

Yeah I bet! :) Wish I had a bunch of 360 playing mates to team up with. Best I've done is two TVs, four player splitscreen L4D with Dan Dare, jayseven and le g/f, which was very awesome.

Yeah I bet! :) Wish I had a bunch of 360 playing mates to team up with. Best I've done is two TVs, four player splitscreen L4D with Dan Dare, jayseven and le g/f, which was very awesome.

Confirmation: Shit was tight.

Should be on this tonight. Weekend with the girlfriend has come to an end so it's time to act like a total man child and play games all night. Weeooop.: peace:

I see Epic has decreased the amount of xp earned after a match by 50% due to everyone levelling up too fast. Gits!

I see Epic has decreased the amount of xp earned after a match by 50% due to everyone levelling up too fast. Gits!

Ah... :(

And i'm getting close to level 50 as well! (46).

Finally!

After hearing your feedback, we have reduced the gib range of the Sawed Off Shotgun in Gears of War 3 and it no longer gibs farther than the gnasher, effective today. We want to thank you for your helping us to make Gears of War 3 the best of the series.

Along with your feedback, we are also checking weapon stats to gauge how the weapons are used. Some of the information is surprising and some expected.

Hopefully this will lead back to classic Gnasher battles like in Gears 2.

OK...so..

- The sawed-off is only useful for the instant kills. Anything else and you're dead. The instant kill range is very short.

- The Gnasher is more effective for slightly longer range, but may take more stops. It still can instant kill at point blank range.

- To me, this is pretty balanced. People with the Gnasher can still corner-kill as usual, it's just a little bit easier with the Sawed-off.

- They've now made the sawed-off instant kill range the same as the Gnasher.

- So now not only can the Gnasher fire more shots, has a shorter reload time and a longer range for whittling damage down...but it also now has the same instant-kill range as the Sawed-off?