NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Prepped for Gears 3 now. Downloaded the Season Pass and the free Commando Dom skin. Now then, all i need is the darn game now. Parcel Force seem to be a force to take the mickey. Lee Evans got it right.

Edit: As i wrote that, it arrived in the mail. Label even says "Do not sell before 20/09/2011"

Hero, how in the world have you finished campaign already!?!? You must have been at it solidly!

Pretty much. I only stopped to have some food. :D

I forgot to mention this yesterday but Baird is freakin hilarious in this game. He's always been my favourite but now even more so.

Damn, my ShopTo pre order didn't show up with the post today. First time they've failed me, time to try and reclaim £3. :hmm:

Should i post some snaps of the Epic Edition, na. I'll wait until Mike gets his copy. Statue is sweet as mind you, detailed and everything. I'm not sure what weighs more, the statue or the service medal.

I picked mine up, but need to wait for my brother to come home so we can play the campaign together like we have for the previous 2!

Aye, enjoying some Deathmatch at the moment.

Ok, whats this "arcade" mode then.

Edited by Jimbob

I picked mine up, but need to wait for my brother to come home so we can play the campaign together like we have for the previous 2!

You'll like it. That is all i will say on that.

Just found out you can level-up using the campaign mode. Had a few matches on multiplayer, unlocked a few things. Played 3 chapters of Act 1 (past the Lambent Leviathon, was a good boss for the opener) and now i am on level 6. Shit, if Epic made getting to 100 this easy, i won't be impressed.

All my beta unlocks, well unlocked as such within seconds of firing up the game. Unlocked the week 1 goodies as well.

All my beta unlocks, well unlocked as such within seconds of firing up the game. Unlocked the week 1 goodies as well.

Mine didn't unlock the beta things the first time round but did on the second... Odd! It was unlocking things but then it went to a different screen so i am not sure if that 'messed' it up.

It also unlocked the gold lancer as well straight away, i am assuming because i had it in GoW2?

Aye, enjoying some Deathmatch at the moment.

Ok, whats this "arcade" mode then.

as far as I can find out Arcade mode is just the campaign without cut scenes

Mine didn't unlock the beta things the first time round but did on the second... Odd! It was unlocking things but then it went to a different screen so i am not sure if that 'messed' it up.

It also unlocked the gold lancer as well straight away, i am assuming because i had it in GoW2?

If thats the case, who has a Gold Hammerburst in Gears 2??. Thats next weeks unlock apparantly. The Lancer unlocked for playing Gears 3 in the first week, which is nice. Looks 100x better than the Gold skin in Gear 2.

Was having a look around in the marketplace. 3600ms for unlocking all skins. Sheesh, hefty price tag and one i will be missing out. I know you can unlock skins in Gears 3, got a Crimson skin unlocked today among the Gold for the Lancer and the Infected pack.

If thats the case, who has a Gold Hammerburst in Gears 2??. Thats next weeks unlock apparantly. The Lancer unlocked for playing Gears 3 in the first week, which is nice. Looks 100x better than the Gold skin in Gear 2.

No idea but i know people did have it in Gears 2.

My Gold lancer was unlocked straight away and said "Gold Lancer from Gears of War 2" or something similar on it... if you look on the weapon skin unlocks it says the same under hammerburst.

I'm probably wrong and looking at it wrong but yeah i did notice on the events that you can unlock the gold skins on the first week of Gears online.

I'm just happy we got the gold retro lancer unlocked from the beta! :D

Why does this game not have a manual? It says on the leaflet, to look at the full manual, go to the website. How cheap is that?

Being environmentally friendly? Is that a sign of things to come?

No idea but i know people did have it in Gears 2.

My Gold lancer was unlocked straight away and said "Gold Lancer from Gears of War 2" or something similar on it... if you look on the weapon skin unlocks it says the same under hammerburst.

I'm probably wrong and looking at it wrong but yeah i did notice on the events that you can unlock the gold skins on the first week of Gears online.

I'm just happy we got the gold retro lancer unlocked from the beta! :D

Yeah, lucky we got the Retro Gold. Wouldn't mind a Gold Hammerburst though, see if i get lucky or not. Liking the new maps, already saw a classic from 2 re-appear.

Just bought the season pass.

Thought why not? I got all the DLC for the previous two Gears games so i may as well save money if i am going to be doing that again!

Why does this game not have a manual? It says on the leaflet, to look at the full manual, go to the website. How cheap is that?

Ocarina of Time 3D also had a leaflet.

Completed the campaign. Even though a lot feels like padding, it's a lot of fun and lots of great set pieces. 4 players also makes a huge difference.

I only did the first part of the campaign last night, spent some time on Beast and Horde mode with a friend.

Love it, especially beast mode, the Berserker is incredible :)

tonight will be purely focused on campaign though.

Went to continue my campaign yesterday and my save file had been corrupted! That's never happened to me on my 360 before. Maybe something to do with updating the game between the first and second play...

Makes sense to me, it may be the end of an era but it will have saved them thousands of dollars.

Went to continue my campaign yesterday and my save file had been corrupted! That's never happened to me on my 360 before. Maybe something to do with updating the game between the first and second play...

I think that has happened to quite a lot of people going by a quick google search i did on the net for that reason. Not sure if people found a way round it or not though.

I think that has happened to quite a lot of people going by a quick google search i did on the net for that reason. Not sure if people found a way round it or not though.

Yeah, it affected people who began Gears 3 early and did affect those who didn't take the 2mb update at the beginning, something that i did before playing.

People had issues with not getting beta stuff and unlocks from previous titles, because of early play.

That's a bit stupid, in my case I just didn't have the internet. So what, if you play the game for a few months without the internet, then go online and download a 2 meg update you lose everything?