NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

"Advised" on mine as well. With Express 24 delivery as well, so who knows when it will be arriving. If they bugger up, hope some compo arrives. City Link gave compo after they buggered up some stuff i ordered, got all my postage back and Amazon refunded an item.

I'm about to crack and go preorder the console at GAME. I had a look at their website and if you have a 250GB slim you get the console for £100. It all depends on whether I can find a flash drive so I can copy my data over.

Can I use any run of the mill flash drive or does it have to be a 360 specific one? I'm looking at this one at the moment...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6759867/Trail/searchtext%3EFLASH+DRIVE.htm

Will that do?

I'm about to crack and go preorder the console at GAME. I had a look at their website and if you have a 250GB slim you get the console for £100. It all depends on whether I can find a flash drive so I can copy my data over.

Can I use any run of the mill flash drive or does it have to be a 360 specific one? I'm looking at this one at the moment...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6759867/Trail/searchtext%3EFLASH+DRIVE.htm

Will that do?

Nice one mate! I can't wait to get my console tomorrow.

As far as i am aware any is fine... As the hard drive i used to transfer my saves and some data across is my old PS3 one... i did also test a standard memory stick i got years ago which the 360 also recognised.

Because they are not microsoft offical it wiill give a 'performance warning' but it's not like your planning on running games off it etc.

The 360 formats the memory device so it can transfer stuff to it anyway, you would just lose anything which is already on the stick before hand.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Looking at the shopto forums, it's looking like a lot of people are getting their copy today so fingers crossed.

Hurry up postie!

Looking at the shopto forums, it's looking like a lot of people are getting their copy today so fingers crossed.

Hurry up postie!

Cool!

I have no chance, downside to getting the epic edition i suppose... couriers will have been told not to deliver till Tuesday i would have thought. I checked my tracker before and mine was at the 'National Hub' at 07:16 this morning.

Although i have no 360 until i pick up my new gears console anyway so it coming today would make no difference to me!

Cheers, Mike. I will pop into town and pick one up.

I went down the Metro Centre and preordered my shiny new console. I asked about other stuff you get with it and they said you get the Dom DLC, Crysis 2 and if you go to the midnight launch 800MSP. Not bad. :D I'm hoping I can trade the console copy straight in as I have another one on the way.

Gentlemen, start your chainsaws!!!

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I'm hoping I can trade the console copy straight in as I have another one on the way.

When i was in GAME the other day i asked them about that and they told me yes, and if it is a bundle copy they will still sort it out for me still etc.

I currently have the hard drive with my data hidden away in a draw because if someone happens to that hard drive before i can transfer data to the new console and i lose my Mass Effect save data i might cry!!

Hurry up postie!

My post doesn't arrive til something like 1pm now. Sucks.

I've got the week off work for this and i'm currently twiddling my thumbs, just waiting to see if it drops early.

I'm expecting post any time between now and 1PM... hoping it arrives more towards to former than the latter.

Just been and preordered a console >.> It was red and shiny haha!

One annoying thing, they wont let me trade in the bundle copy of the game :(

One annoying thing, they wont let me trade in the bundle copy of the game :(

That's odd, my GAME were pretty much offering that option to me as i said i also had the epic edition on pre-order from their site.

I'm hoping now they don't change there mind when i get there to do it!

Its no bother really, i can sell it for £30 and plus they GAVE me a fifa 09 and 08 to trade in tonight against the epic edition making it £90 :P

Postie been, but no Gears...

This upsets me as I ordered from Shopto too.

:(

Just transferred all my game data to the memory stick. Still no post yet but seeing as Dog-amoto didn't get it, i'm not filled with confidence that mine will arrive.

I love release days on here, everyone scrambling to get their copies early. Brilliant! :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Just transferred all my game data to the memory stick. Still no post yet but seeing as Dog-amoto didn't get it, i'm not filled with confidence that mine will arrive.

I love release days on here, everyone scrambling to get their copies early. Brilliant! :D

I've only pre-ordered a few games online, majority of them were last year (Halo Reach, Fable3, Black Ops) As I normally just go to Game or Gamestation for pre-orders and pick them up after work.

however on the occasions last year I did pre-order online I got them early on all 3 games, So I'm hoping the trend continues now with GOW3. Although my pre-orders last year were on Amazon, this is my first Shopto pre-order.

Just signed into Live and my mate who ordered from Shopto and lives down the street is sitting playing on it! I can so see me getting screwed over here. :(

Just signed into Live and my mate who ordered from Shopto and lives down the street is sitting playing on it! I can so see me getting screwed over here. :(

so Shopto pre-orders so far are quite hit and miss...

here's hoping my order is a hit!

Haha. Gamestation are giving this away for free! If you're one of the first ten in line! And agree to have the cog skull shaved in to your head on site!

Geeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrs is heeeeeerrrrrrrrre! :D

I must say, I felt a tad 'stupid' going for the ltd ed at the last minute but, now that its arrived I'd say that it's worth it... the suede box with an engraved metal cog-tag inset... plus photos and documents... wrapped up in a flag and...

*shoves box on shelf, grabs Gears 3 disc and puts in Xbox*

:)

Geeeeeeeeeaaaaaaarrrrrs is heeeeeerrrrrrrrre! :D

I must say, I felt a tad 'stupid' going for the ltd ed at the last minute but, now that its arrived I'd say that it's worth it... the suede box with an engraved metal cog-tag inset... plus photos and documents... wrapped up in a flag and...

*shoves box on shelf, grabs Gears 3 disc and puts in Xbox*

:)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJHxEy7P-y1U6oBoxdcBRGopZ0Ebo2UVOBJBf6TENB-k55lX1IkFchBjeYtQ

GEARS GET!!!!

Didn't get my DLC code with it though. :( I will give them a ring and ask about it.

*installs game*

Edited by Hero-of-Time

GEARS GET!!!!

Didn't get my Baired code with it though. :( I will give them a ring and ask about it.

*installs game*

* See above Cartman pose / picture to cover how I feel about you having GOW3.

ShopTo have failed me. Again.

you and me both man, not a fan of this at all, got a better success rate with Amazon last year for receiving games early.