NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Balls. I forgot I had to change my card details and ShopTo have cancelled my pre-order because my card was cancelled. Have re-ordered now and there's something on the website that says that card payments will be taken now and orders will be shipped out on Saturday in time for Tuesday, so earliest you can hope for is Monday.

But I'm sure I remember another game with a Tuesday release date that was also shipped Saturday, but that didn't arrive any earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come till the 20th

Balls. I forgot I had to change my card details and ShopTo have cancelled my pre-order because my card was cancelled. Have re-ordered now and there's something on the website that says that card payments will be taken now and orders will be shipped out on Saturday in time for Tuesday, so earliest you can hope for is Monday.

But I'm sure I remember another game with a Tuesday release date that was also shipped Saturday, but that didn't arrive any earlier, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come till the 20th

Lame...

was really liking the idea of playing GOW3 all weekend.

Beers of War 3, Friday 23rd?

20th??. Because thats where i'll be that night. Unlike many people, who i still don't understand. Why spend all that money on a game that you will beat in 8 hours of getting it.

I know where my copy of Gears is, 15 miles up the road in a sorting depot. I know, a mate of mine works at the place and he saw a box with my name on it. Weighing roughly 2kg. Told me it is there, but can't have it until at least Monday.

The 20th is a Tuesday, and I reaaaally don't understand your comment about 8 hours to complete.

Well, unfortunately I can't stay up into the wee hours drinking and gaming midweek due to this thing called a job :heh:

The 20th is a Tuesday, and I reaaaally don't understand your comment about 8 hours to complete.

Well, unfortunately I can't stay up into the wee hours drinking and gaming midweek due to this thing called a job :heh:

I won't be staying up in the wee hours completing it, it's a general comment really. I got mates who go to the midnight launches of big titles, then annilate the title overnight before i even get my copy of the game.

I waited this long for the game, i have no intention of rushing to get it complete, even though i have the 20th off.

Oh, you're talking about single player.

I was talking about all getting together to play some multiplayer games.

Edited by Shorty

The campaign is only such a small portion of the game though. Will be spending far more time on Horde/Beast and the multiplayer modes. I can understand not wanting to rush through a game like a new Zelda, bit this will be a pretty linear, 15 hour-ish campaign with loads more goodies to enjoy afterwards. I for one will be finishing the campaign before going online because I don't want some twat spoiling the game for me.

That said, I won't be rushing through the campaign at all and I suppose I could go online without the headset. But, unlike a new Mario or Zelda, you'll be playing this long after the single player, so I see no problem with people blitzing through it.

Single player for me first and once thta's done and dusted I will be hitting the multiplayer while mixing a bit of 4 player co-op now and then.

Oh shit yeah, it's got 4 player co-op! I suppose you've already got a trio of buddies lined up for that?

Oh shit yeah, it's got 4 player co-op! I suppose you've already got a trio of buddies lined up for that?

Indeed I do.

Oh, you're talking about single player.

I was talking about all getting together to play some multiplayer games.

Yeah, meant the story mode. I know the multiplayer will be heaving come the 20th.

The campaign is only such a small portion of the game though. Will be spending far more time on Horde/Beast and the multiplayer modes. I can understand not wanting to rush through a game like a new Zelda, bit this will be a pretty linear, 15 hour-ish campaign with loads more goodies to enjoy afterwards. I for one will be finishing the campaign before going online because I don't want some twat spoiling the game for me.

That said, I won't be rushing through the campaign at all and I suppose I could go online without the headset. But, unlike a new Mario or Zelda, you'll be playing this long after the single player, so I see no problem with people blitzing through it.

I only ever use my headset once i've completed the game. But, you can mute individuals in-game, which is pretty good i think. Stops the spoilers.

Single player for me first and once thta's done and dusted I will be hitting the multiplayer while mixing a bit of 4 player co-op now and then.

I'm debating what to go on first, i may do a few chapters on singleplayer then move into the multiplayer. Or i may just hit the multiplayer, who knows until the day really.

I only ever use my headset once i've completed the game. But, you can mute individuals in-game, which is pretty good i think. Stops the spoilers.

The safest way is to go in a private chat/party. Even with the headset unplugged, you can still hear in game chatter. So it'd be really annoying to hear something like "can't believe Cole dies in this game!*" before you've had chance to mute them.

*Wild speculation

The safest way is to go in a private chat/party. Even with the headset unplugged, you can still hear in game chatter. So it'd be really annoying to hear something like "can't believe Cole dies in this game!*" before you've had chance to mute them.

*Wild speculation

I tend to only chat to people i know, or listen to the little American kids thinking they are tough and great at the game.

I tend to only chat to people i know, or listen to the little American kids thinking they are tough and great at the game.

Yeah, i'm the same. Party chat is such an awesome feature and is so underrated. I used to hate playing online as you had to listen to all the randoms spouting tripe all the time.

I always remember when me, my nephew and his mates were playing Gears. We got matched against a bunch of yanks who started mouthing off because we beat them, you know the usual slagging off of the Queen etc. My nephew simply replied "Where's your towers at, eh? Where's your towers at?" In bad taste? Yes. Funny? Hell yes! They shut up after that. :D

A bit of a late decision by me at the start of the week but i have decided to get the gears of war xbox 360 as well as the epic edition!

I needed to get a new 360 anyway (or more i wanted one and kept thinking my elite was going to break) and the trade in offer GAME were doing i thought was too good to turn down.

The bundle is £270 for the console, extra controller and the standard edition of the game as well as a 320GB hard drive. You can trade in a 120GB elite and then pay £150 (so basically they are giving you £120 for an old elite) and then trade or sell the game inside for another £30-£40. So all in all i am only actually spending £110ish.

The game will be a bundle copy without a barcode but the staff have already told me they will change the sleeve for me there if i open it up so i can trade it in. What is odd is the only offer £70 on there trade in board normally for a elite.

And given my elite has been making lots of loud and strange noises recently and wasn't expecting a penny from it i thought it was too good for me to pass up! I have already traded my console in for the deal ready for tuesday and transfered my saves to an external hard drive and installed games etc.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Yeah, I seen that deal this morning. They had copies of the game on display behind the counter! GITS! The console was also on display and it looks fantastic.

Yeah, I seen that deal this morning. They had copies of the game on display behind the counter! GITS! The console was also on display and it looks fantastic.

If i was to do this, i'd have to wait until next month. The online licence trading only seems to work once per year, and i only did it 11 months ago.

If i was to do this, i'd have to wait until next month. The online licence trading only seems to work once per year, and i only did it 11 months ago.

Are you talking game licences for downloadable games?

If so yeah there is a limit on when you can transfer but as long as your logged in as your gamertag you bought the games with then it is fine. Some licences are still on for my first console when i got rid of years ago and i never had problems.

Although when i get this new one i will transfer them then.

My copy was dispatched at 9:30am yesterday, here's hoping it arrives tomorrow.

My copy was dispatched at 9:30am yesterday, here's hoping it arrives tomorrow.

Same.

I've got mine coming from Shopto and my nephews copy coming from GAME. Which ever arrives first is getting opened. :D

Mine will show up when-ever the delivery guy can be asked to put it in the van. Knowing my luck, i won't get it until Tuesday. Which is when i'll be playing it online.

My delivery is on the 'advised' stage with the courier so i am assuming they will be picking it up from GAME tomorrow for delivery on Tuesday.