NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Well my day off is confirmed for this from work! :D

I might be off all week now but for other commitments but should give me even more time with this! :D I can't wait.

For the inevitable insane playthrough i will do i may be asking for a co-op partner on here to play through with me!

Epic Edition ftw!

Aye, my day off is also confirmed. Only because of a bugger-up with my training to cust-ops, which i should have gone on the 19th but thats another story.

Unboxing of the gears console, replica lancer and about 5 seconds of the intro for the game (no spoilers), however if you don't want to watch him load up the game it isn't till the end of the vid and can stop it before then.

Console looks really nice!

Edited by Mike1988uk

GAME seem to be doing the same with Gears as GTA IV, processing orders earlier in order to meet demand. Had an email earlier stating this.

So... is anyone going to be buying the limited edition for this version or is it generally considered that £57.85 is pretty damn expensive?

I'm tempted but it's a £20 difference between that and the standard edition... :blank:

Anyone actually found a decent price for pre-orders for this? In Shopto it's £39...

Decided to go for the middle-ground 'steelbook edition' same as the regular but comes in a steel case £42... I would have bought the limited edition but these seem to have gone up in price a lot as I remember the ltd ed's for Gears 1&2 being reasonably priced.

Anyone actually found a decent price for pre-orders for this? In Shopto it's £39...

£34.99 at my local Blockbusters.

So... is anyone going to be buying the limited edition for this version or is it generally considered that £57.85 is pretty damn expensive?

I'm tempted but it's a £20 difference between that and the standard edition... :blank:

Na, got the Epic edition on order. £90 (with point deductions)

My Epic edition has been shipped from GAME today. Pity, probably won't recieve it for another week. Damn Royal Mail.

Unless i have a word with a few friends who work at the mail, see if i can't get it a little earlier hehehe.

Yeah they said they were dispatching them all early but getting them to hold the orders.

I have got a tracking code with mine so i am assuming it is going via a courier service and not royal mail.

Yeah they said they were dispatching them all early but getting them to hold the orders.

I have got a tracking code with mine so i am assuming it is going via a courier service and not royal mail.

Fair enough, i got enough on my plate as it is. I'll be prepared for it's impending arrival.

I suppose they might not even have dispatched them yet despite the e-mail, they may have just completed the order process and the e-mail is sent out automatically.

I suppose they might not even have dispatched them yet despite the e-mail, they may have just completed the order process and the e-mail is sent out automatically.

True, they may have done. But with the sheer number of people pre-ordering this title, they may need to ship them out in order to keep up with demand. Only other title i knew that was like this was GTA IV, orders being shipped early due to demand for the title.

True, they may have done. But with the sheer number of people pre-ordering this title, they may need to ship them out in order to keep up with demand. Only other title i knew that was like this was GTA IV, orders being shipped early due to demand for the title.

Well as long as i have it on Tuesday then i will be happy!

Well as long as i have it on Tuesday then i will be happy!

Indeed, i won't be happy if it arrives later than Tuesday 20th.

I went with Blockbuster to save a fiver. They say they deliver in time for release, so I might not get it early like I would with GAME or Shopto, but I should get it by Tues. With quidco I only ended up paying about £33.50.

Where has everyone ordered their copy from then? I opted for Shopto as GAME is a mess at the moment and seeing as Baird is my favourite character I wanted his other multiplayer skin.

ShopTo. They've already taken the money - I thought the game is due on Tuesday?

Shopto typically posts 2-3 working days early to make good on their release-date-or-£3-cashback promise. So you might get it as early as Saturday (but don't get your hopes up).

ShopTo. They've already taken the money - I thought the game is due on Tuesday?

Yeah same here, I got my email saying my money has been taken.

Would be quite lovely If It did come Saturday.

Shopto sent an email saying they were taking the money early due to the amount of orders they have to process and then sending the games out on Saturday. Some may get them on Monday.