NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

Update time

My spare code is no longer available, sorry about that guys and gals.

Just got a e-mail with spare code

Anyone want it ? First post first served :p

Info for those with retail unlocks

Originally posted by Epic Games

After four weeks of executions performed, medals awarded, skins unlocked, and enemies decimated, our time together in the Gears 3 Beta is coming to an end. The servers go dark at 2:00 AM PDT on Monday, May 16, after which you will be unable to connect to multiplayer matches. If you want to hang on to any of your retail unlocks earned during the Beta, please do not delete your Gears 3 Beta saved games—you can delete the Beta executable itself, but hang on to those saves! (Step-by-step details below.) Thanks again for playing, and we’ll see you again on September 20!

To delete the Gears 3 Beta but leave your saves intact:

Go to the System Settings menu on your Xbox 360

Select “Memory”

Select “Games”

Select the Gears of War 3 Beta (507MB) and delete it.

Anyone else think they should put the dedicated servers on Gears 2 and release 2 new multiplayer maps to keep us going for the time being. They could charge 400 points for it and people will pay.

I know I would.

Anyone else think they should put the dedicated servers on Gears 2 and release 2 new multiplayer maps to keep us going for the time being. They could charge 400 points for it and people will pay.

I know I will

If Epic do that, i'll be pleased. But if they don't, it isn't a biggy. 4 months wait, then i can near-guarantee that no-one will be on Gears 2 no more.

Doubt Epic will change anything on Gears 2 now though.

I expect to see a lot of people return to Gears 2 after the beta dies though. Myself included.

Ditto, i shall be trying hard to achieve my wings. Because there is an unlock in Gears 3 if you get to Level 100 in Gears 2

Traded in Gears 2 aaaages ago. Didn't enjoy the multiplayer all that much so once the campaign was over that was that.

I think i got to level 50 on Gears 2 multiplayer. Don't think i can really be arsed trying to double that 2 100 now!

That's my point. Loads of people will go on Gears 2 to get their fix till 3 comes out. If it didn't have dedicated servers, then people would get pissed off with it and not bother, but if they did then they could make a last bit of cash from the hardcore fans who would buy DLC for a few more maps and achievements.

Wouldn't be too much work I would think

I think i got to level 50 on Gears 2 multiplayer. Don't think i can really be arsed trying to double that 2 100 now!

I'm giving it a shot, until i get bored.

That's my point. Loads of people will go on Gears 2 to get their fix till 3 comes out. If it didn't have dedicated servers, then people would get pissed off with it and not bother, but if they did then they could make a last bit of cash from the hardcore fans who would buy DLC for a few more maps and achievements.

Wouldn't be too much work I would think

As i mentioned, it would be a great idea. But i don't think Epic would do this, not with 4 months before Gears 3 comes out.

I will probably head back to the original Gears. There is still a couple of achievys I can grab for that and i'm already level 100 on Gears 2.

Here's whats on offer for those picking up the limited editions.

Epic Games has unravelled the Collector's Edition and Epic Edition of upcoming Xbox 360 exclusive Gears of War 3.

The Epic Edition includes a Marcus Fenix statue, "the model you'll be playing in the game," Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna said in a new making of video, below.

The Limited Edition, which costs £59.99, includes:

An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal. "A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn."

Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.

A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.

The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his "Last Will and Testament," the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

The Epic Edition, which costs £99.99 and is exclusive to Game and gamestation, includes:

A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centrepiece for any true "Gears" fan.

The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.

I'm not usually tempted by these but offering Adam Fenix as a multiplayer character is very, very tempting.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

That's a very generous splashing of content for the Collector's Edition there. Definitely gonna pick that version up I think!

Although knowing what higher tier collectors editions are like, no doubt the Epic Edition will be on sale for the same sort of price a month after launch..

Bit odd, but the beta is still running. Supposed to have gone down ages ago.

Anybody still have a spare code for my mate?

Wow, Epic are generous with the Collectors Edition content. Definetly picking up that version, £100 is over and beyond what i'd spend on a game. Something is missing off the content for the Epic edition, which is a new set of skins for the default weapons (Infected Omen).

Seriously, Epic are generous with the content of each set.

But as Dyson said, the Epic edition will probably be reduced in a few months after launch.

I had the limited edition one pre-ordered so i could get the beta code but that figure looks ace, i'm very tempted to super treat myself and go for the epic edition...

I had the limited edition one pre-ordered so i could get the beta code but that figure looks ace, i'm very tempted to super treat myself and go for the epic edition...

I'm only going to upgrade my pre-order as and when employment occurs. Or, i may order it anyway and suffer the consequences financially.

You'd seriously spend £100 on a collectors edition?

I'm considering it!

The way i'm looking at it is this:

Game: £40

Collector things: £20 (as the limited edition is £60)

Model: £40

The model looks good quality and i spent a bit more than £40 on a model from Star Trek (First Enterprise from the movies) And i like models! :heh:

I'm considering it!

The way i'm looking at it is this:

Game: £40

Collector things: £20 (as the limited edition is £60)

Model: £40

The model looks good quality and i spent a bit more than £40 on a model from Star Trek (First Enterprise from the movies) And i like models! :heh:

Probably works out at around that cost for each as well. £40 for a very detailed model of Marcus Fenix looks worth it.

Edited by Jimbob

Ok, I actually have Gears 3 withdrawal symptoms! Gears 1 and 2 are just not the same!

Hurry up September!!

I'll probably have similar for a while, probably most likely when i try planting grenades onto the enemy and it won't work or trying to momentarily stun an enemy, or try and use the Lancer with correcting a non-existant recoil.

Still, back to online Gears 2 tomorrow. 4 months to see if i can be bothered to get to level 100.

Do you mean planting grenades onto a meatshield? Cos you've always been able to grenade tag enemies - even in Gears 1.

I got to level 100 a while ago when they were doing 20x XP. The longest thing was getting the 100,000 kills.

A ridiculous achievement! I hope the "leaked" list of Gears 3 achievements I posted a couple of pages back aren't true, as I don't think I'll be getting Seriously 3.0