NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

I've got Cole Train so I'm happy. The only other thing I want to make sure I get is the gold retro-lancer. Should have it done within the time frame!

I've got Cole Train so I'm happy. The only other thing I want to make sure I get is the gold retro-lancer. Should have it done within the time frame!

Steal kills like i did, or go on King of the Hill and shoot anything that moves. You can get the kills in no time. Easier and quicker than getting the matches complete.

Just got 33 kills with the Gold Retro Lancer in a couple of hours. As Cube says, CHAAARRRGE!

I hate this weapon, though it is piss funny to charge people, especially with the grunts that the Locust make when doing it. :D

Well looks like i might be able to unlock the gold retro lancer for retail after all!

Just got to 90 matches and then played a match of king of the hill and i finished with 25 kills. If i can keep that up i should have it done before the beta is over! :)

I'm on 70 kills with it so far. Loving it. I went back to the normal Lancer during a game where I ran out of ammo for my Retro, and just could not shoot it. I was trying to correct for recoil that didn't exist! :(

Well looks like i might be able to unlock the gold retro lancer for retail after all!

Just got to 90 matches and then played a match of king of the hill and i finished with 25 kills. If i can keep that up i should have it done before the beta is over! :)

You should get it done tonight, or tomorrow.

I got it earlier.

But having said that, I'll never use it. I prefer the hammerburst

And done! Gold Retro Lancer for retail get!!

Must admit i really didn't think i was going to get it due to the amount of matches that needed to be played! :D

Anyone got another beta code by email yet? :bouncy:

Do you still want/need a code? I was sent one this morning but i wasn't expecting one...

Got a code from Cube, thank you :D I'm sure other forumites would be interested though.

One thing I like about the gold lancer is that it isn't ridiculously shiny. In GoW2 (and most games with unlockables like that) the gold weapons looked stupidly out of place.

Same with the flaming weapons.

Got a code from Cube, thank you :D I'm sure other forumites would be interested though.

No Problem.

One thing I like about the gold lancer is that it isn't ridiculously shiny. In GoW2 (and most games with unlockables like that) the gold weapons looked stupidly out of place.

Same with the flaming weapons.

Yeah agreed, it does look ace!

So who wants a beta code, i got one going free!!

I do prefer the Gold Lancer this time around, because it does look like Gold. Unlike in Gears 2, that was a bit OTT really.

I can offer a code as well, as i too was sent one. As long as my mate doesn't want it, it can be anyones.

I'll take a code for my girlfriend if that's ok?

For some reason, I've not received any codes, even though by rights I should get 4 or 5 :/

Think this news is about a month old but these are supposedly leaked achievements for Gears 3. Possible spoilers obviously.

Marcus, It’s Your Father (5G) You woke up from a bad dream. Complete Act 1 Chapter 1

Swimmin’ in Glowie Gravy (10 G) Defended the Ravens Nest from Lambent Leviathan. Complete Act 1 Chapter 2

We Struck Gold! (10 G) Found food and ammo in Hanover. Complete Act 1 Chapter 3

Welcome to Cougar Town (10 G) Defended and escaped from Cougar Stadium. Complete Act 1 Chapter 4

Big Ass Headshot (10 G) Blew up the Lambent Laviathan from the bridge. Complete Act 1 Chapter 5

Where is that? (10 G) Discover the location of Adam Fenix. Complete Act 2 Chapter 6

Well We Did Flood Them Out (10 G) Grabbed a Locust Gas Barge to travel to Anvil Gate. Complete Act 3 Chapter 3

Thanks For Flying GasBag Airway (10 G) Arrived safely, kinda. Complete Act 3 Chapter 4.

The Bitch is Back (10 G) Defeated the Lambent Berserker. Complete Act 3 Chapter 6.

Good Driver Discount (10 G) Drove from Anvil Gate to Mercy. Complete Act 4 Chapter 2

Brothers to the End (10 G) Escaped Mercy. Complete Act 4 Chapter 3

Welcome to Griffin Tower (10 G) Found enough fuel to get to Endeavor naval base.Complete Act 4 Chapter 6

Baird’s Favorite Kind of Top (10 G) Launched the sub. Complete Act 5 Chapter 1

That Looks Like the Front Door (10 G) Passed under the Maelstrom and found Azura. Complete Act 5 Chapter 2

Look at That, Instant Summer (10 G) Turned off the Maelstrom device. Complete Act 5 Chapter 4

Ok. Faith. Yeah. Got It. (10 G) Rescued Adam Fenix from captivity. Complete Act 5 Chapter 5

We’ve Finally Got a Tomorrow (10 G) Saved Sera and killed Myrrah. Complete Act 5 Chapter 6

Ready For More (50 G) Completed all campaign Acts on Casual or Normal Difficulty

Ain’t My First Rodeo (50 G) Completed all campaign Acts on Hardcore Difficulty

Once More Unto the Breach (75 G) Completed all campaign Acts on Insane Difficulty

Collector (5 G) Recovered 5 of 41 Collectables. [any difficulty, cinematic or arcade]

Pack Rat (10 G) Recovered 20 of 41 Collectables. [any difficulty, cinematic or arcade]

Hoarder (15 G) Recovered all 41 Collectables [any difficulty, cinematic or arcade]

Remembered the Fallen (15 G) Recovered all 15 COG Tags during the Campaign (any difficulty, cinematic, or arcade)

My Fellow Gears (50 G) Completed all chapters in Co-op on any difficulty

A Different Kind of Foursome (75 G) Completed all Acts in 4 Player Co-op on any difficulty

It’s Called Progress (10 G) Complete a chapter in Arcade campaign with an improved high score.

Level 5 (5 G) Reached Level 5

Level 10 (10 G) Reached Level 10

Level 15 (15 G) Reached Level 15

Level 25 (25 G) Reached Level 25

Calling Your Shots (25 G) Completed 10 mini-challenges in Horde (any difficulty)

First Among Equals (25 G) Was the highest scoring squadmate in 5 chapters of 4-Player Co-op Arcade (any difficulty)

Don’t You Die on Me! (25 G) Reached a x20 team score multiplier in 4-Player Co-op Arcade (any difficulty)

Award Winning Tactics (25 G) Collected an Onyx Medal

Seriously 3.0 (100 G) You’ve done it all! Level 100, campaign on insane, earn every ribbon/medal, complete Horde/Beast on all 10 maps.

Back to Basic (5 G) Won a match against bots in the Training Grounds.

Welcome to Versus (10 G) Killed 10 enemies in Team Deathmatch (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to King of the Hill (10 G) Completed a match of King of the Hill (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Team Death Match (10 G) Completed a match of Team Deathmatch (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Capture the Leader (10 G) Completed a match of Capture the Leader (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Execution (10 G) Completed a match of Execution (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Wingman (10 G) Completed a match of Wingman (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Warzone (10 G) Completed a match of Warzone (Ranked or Social)

Welcome to Horde Mode (10 G) Survived the first 10 waves of Horde (any difficulty, any map)

Welcome to Beast Mode (10 G) Completed the first 12 waves of Beast (any difficulty any map)

Welcome to Arcade Mode (10 G) Completed 5 Arcade Campaign chapters in Co-Op (any difficulty)

Rust Lung (50 G) Executed an infected player and is now turning Lambent. (or : Execute an Epic Employee or someone who already has this)

Think the dedicated servers are suffering today. Everything worked fine until I assume thousands more joined the beta and now I keep getting host disconnected messages and it's laggy as Gears 2 at times.

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come, or that the reason they handed out a load of extra codes is to see if the servers can cope which they apparently can't and they'll have it sorted by launch day.

They've been stress testing by turning off dedicated servers. Presumably it's that.

No achievement for killing chickens? Fail.

I was half expecting an achievement for that as well, or for wiping all the fruits and veg off the stalls in Old Town. And half expecting an achievement for setting the alarm off as well.

I'll let you know if the code is still available around 9pm (ish).

They've been stress testing by turning off dedicated servers. Presumably it's that.

Yeah, testing my fucking stress levels!!

Ugh the lag and disconnects is ridiculous. It's been messing up my stats so even though I've now played 90 matches, it only says 84!

I have been playing this. I have remembered that I am not very good at Gears of War D:

Am I wrong in thinking that if I buy a gears of war avatar item, I'll get an extra code to give out? ::shrug:

Am I wrong in thinking that if I buy a gears of war avatar item, I'll get an extra code to give out? ::shrug:

You only got a code if you did something before a set date which i believe has passed.

I have been playing this. I have remembered that I am not very good at Gears of War D:

I have never been good at gears online either on 1 or 2 although i seem to be doing better in this! Most of my kills to come from the retro lancer now though!