NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

I unlocked retail Cole Train today, and am 20 matches away from unlocking the gold retro lancer. Then there's the matter of 100 kills..

I unlocked retail Cole Train today, and am 20 matches away from unlocking the gold retro lancer. Then there's the matter of 100 kills..

I believe the 100 kills will be a damn sight easier to get than playing 90 matches and earning Cole Train for retail. Nearly at the 90 match mark, then it's plain sailing all the way.

100 kills with the retro lancer sounds very hard.

Compared to playing 90 matches, it sounds easier. I had around 30 kills in 2 KOTH matches using the Retro, pity they didn't count

Does it only count if you play deathmatch?

It counts in any mode, i think he meant that he got them kills with the standard retro lancer, to unlock it for retail you need to unlock the gold retro lancer first and then get the kills with that.

It counts in any mode, i think he meant that he got them kills with the standard retro lancer, to unlock it for retail you need to unlock the gold retro lancer first and then get the kills with that.

That is what i meant, only about 15 matches from a Gold Retro. Then the fun begins. I say it is easier to get, because you can hold the Retro no matter if you are Cog or Locust.

I should be starting the unlocking of the Gold for retail later this evening, watch out if i see you online (I'm looking at you Peeps!!)

Edited by Jimbob

lol it was nice to see you pop in Jimbob!

Gotta mention the game where you tried to execute the last guy on the other team but it looked like you lost him and he revived himself and killed you :laughing:

Still, I'm glad you were on my team! You were blasting the crap out of everything :D

lol it was nice to see you pop in Jimbob!

Gotta mention the game where you tried to execute the last guy on the other team but it looked like you lost him and he revived himself and killed you :laughing:

Still, I'm glad you were on my team! You were blasting the crap out of everything :D

Aye, that was after 8 beers at the pub as well. Gears and Beers is a good combo. I'm slowly working on my Gold Retro, which is the last of the unlocks for retail for myself.

Twas good popping in, should play again as it were fun.

Aye, that was after 8 beers at the pub as well. Gears and Beers is a good combo. I'm slowly working on my Gold Retro, which is the last of the unlocks for retail for myself.

Twas good popping in, should play again as it were fun.

I believe the correct term is "Beers of War".

I will join you sometime... thats if i can drag myself off Mass Effect 2!

I believe the correct term is "Beers of War".

I stand corrected.

I will join you sometime... thats if i can drag myself off Mass Effect 2!

I look forward to seeing you in a match, shall be on after Time Team (around 4pm ish)

Grab those headshots! :D

Have you ever fantasised running around as Marcus or Dom in Gears of War with heads the size of beach balls? No? Really? I thought that was every man’s dream... Regardless of whether it is or not, for this weekend only, players can jump into the Gears of War 3 beta and play with big headed characters.

The big head mode, which is also available in the final shipped game this September, allows players to play with characters that have heads four-times the size of their original heads. To top it all off, they all have high-pitched voices as well! Marcus doesn’t seem so gruff now!

In addition to the more playful mode supra, gamers may notice the “Player's Choice†option today as well, allowing them to delve into CTL, Team Deathmatch and King of the Hill, and mix it up, rather than sticking to one match type.

I was playing the Players Choice mode yesterday, all i seemed to be getting was King of the Hill. It does get annoying, not the huge heads no. But the high-pitched squeals/voices do get annoying.

If Players Choice remains in the full retail, then i can see this mode becoming popular.

As i said in an earlier post, the 100 Lancer Kills. Only played about 7 matches since unlocking the gold, and have over 80 kills. Many have said, short bursts counter the recoil. And that is true. Should get the retail lancer later this afternoon no problem.

Edit: Scored the final kills earlier today in a King of the Hill match. Just one last Flame weapon left, and all done with the unlocks.

Edited by Jimbob

I haven't but i am not expecting one anyway Shorty!

I have unlocked Cole Train for Retail! Don't think i will be unlocking the gold retro lancer though :sad:

I've unlocked the Gold Retro Lancer, now only 100 kills to nail it down..

I've unlocked the Gold Retro Lancer, now only 100 kills to nail it down..

Thats the easy part, trust me. Kill anything that is down and you'll have it within a few matches guaranteed.

How do you select the gold retro lancer? I've unlocked it, but it doesn't show as an option in my loadout.

When at the main menu press start>multiplayer and select the retro lancer, press y and select the gold skin.

Just unlocked the Gold Lancer in retail, managed it in my 100th match. Tactic: Kind of the Hill and CHAAAARGE!

Just unlocked the Gold Lancer in retail, managed it in my 100th match. Tactic: Kind of the Hill and CHAAAARGE!

Hmm, i stole everyones kills to get mine.

How long does the beta last? I still haven't got 90 matches (close though).

Also no code yet ::shrug: what gives!

How long does the beta last? I still haven't got 90 matches (close though).

Also no code yet ::shrug: what gives!

Beta is up until Sunday 15th (next week), make the most of it. I got my 90 matches, retail Gold Lancer, Cole Train and 2 Flaming Weapon skins with a week to spare.