NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

So I preordered from Game, they said I'd get an email on the 21st for the beta code. Not got anything, not even a mail to say they've ran out of codes :hmm:

What do I do?

Codes will be sent out to everyone early Tuesday. We just want to thank everyone for being patient. We realise GoW3 BETA is huge.

and

To all people who havent recieved a Gears of War 3 BETA code. These should be fulfilled by Tuesday. You will only miss out on 1 BETA day.

Have a go if it's not received by tomorrow :heh:

This is alright. The shotguns are OP though.

This is alright. The shotguns are OP though.

The Retro Lancer is a bit of a recoil nightmare as well, unless you do what H.O.T said. Then it is a sweet weapon, with a sweet execution.

When you get used to it you can easily hold down the right stick with enough pressure to counter-act the recoil. I'm always spraying with the retro-lancer and recoil is hardly an issue now unless I'm panicked :p

When you get used to it you can easily hold down the right stick with enough pressure to counter-act the recoil. I'm always spraying with the retro-lancer and recoil is hardly an issue now unless I'm panicked :p

I'll have to remember that for when i go for Gold!!!.

It's taking longer getting to 90 matches than it will to get 100 kills, played 7 matches and got over 80 Lancer kills.

I do like the Deathmatch and how it works, much more interesting and much more enjoyable in each match. Love the new animations they included, and the unlockable Executions.

The retro lancer is fucking great. Charging around with the bayonet is much fun :D

This is uber awesome.

I'm pretty shit at Gears online though but i have always loved it. Like the new little tweaks here and there. Now my gf has set off for uni again today i shall have more time for this and other games! :)

Epic asked Microsoft to allow Halo hero Master Chief to cameo in Gears of War 3, lead designer Cliff Bleszinksi has revealed.

When asked by Complex if there was any chance of seeing Master Chief or Mass Effect's Commander Shepard offered as playable characters via DLC, Bleszinski admitted that he had already looked into it.

"I'll let you in on a secret. I actually approached Microsoft on getting Master Chief into the game, but those guys are kind of squeamish," he explained.

"One of Halo's successes is that it's a soft M [rating]. Gears pushes it further. I'm creatively comfortable with that, though it can limit what you do. If you had to break it down, I'd say that Gears is like Mortal Kombat and Halo is like Street Fighter.

"But if we were to get Master Chief, we'd get his model, put him in a COG suit, make it blow up, and do some test animation work," he continued.

"We'd have to see what his head looks like being blown to smithereens or how his arm would look getting sawed off. Then we'd package up the test footage, put it on YouTube, and let the fans get a kick out of it because everything is meta these days.

"That's why Gears is packed with Easter eggs. That's the kind of metagame we have to think about in a post-Red Dead Redemption world."

That would have been sweet.

I played some Capture the Leader games yesterday and I think it's the weakest of the gametypes so far. Some of the games last less than a minute and alot of the people playing just seem to be going for kills rather than trying to capture the enemy.

That would have been sweet.

I played some Capture the Leader games yesterday and I think it's the weakest of the gametypes so far. Some of the games last less than a minute and alot of the people playing just seem to be going for kills rather than trying to capture the enemy.

Yeah, i have to agree with you on that. I'm not too fond of this "Capture the Leader" mode. No-one goes for the leader, they all go for the kills as you said. And i seem to be the only one who goes for their leader, of which no-one defends me when i do eventually get the leader.

And, no-one saves me when i am the leader being attacked.

I couldn't disagree more: It's an awesome mode!

I had a game on Checkout earlier that I got 28 kills from. The enemy team kept hiding in the pistol spawns, and I kept throwing it frags. It was beautiful. Some assclown going AFK while the leader lost us the game though :(

Closing in on my Gold Retro and Cole-train skin for retail release. This is such a sweet multiplayer, be sad once it has gone.

This game would be so much better without the Sawed-off.

Edit: and the spawns on Trashball really need to be fixed.

Although I do love how this has the same "I'm really hating this...I'm absolutely loving this" like GoW2. Just had a pretty awesome match (21-7) and managed to use quite a variety of weapons throughout (mainly shotgun, but also lancer, tunnel thingie, boomshot and sniper). Got a rampage (10 kill streak) medal, too. Then got instant killed by a Sawed-off a second later.

Edited by Cube

The sawn off isn't really that bad, actually. I've come to think it actually needs a bit of work done to improve it next to the Gnasher, which seems identical, except more precise and with the ability to fire 4 times the shots in the time it takes to reload the sawn off?

I'm not a shotgun user at all. But when I am, it's the Gnasher for me for precision. I love my (soon to be golden) retro lancer.

I really need to get back on this but just haven't got the time :( I want gold retro and cole train for the retail!

Completely agree with you about the shotguns Dyson. My load-out is always retro lancer and gnasher.

My setup is the normal Lancer and Gnasher. I then pick up any power weapons that are lying around the map.

The SoS is a pain in the butt as it takes very little skill to use. When playing Gears 1 or 2 you used to look forward to the good old shotgun battles, with people sliding in and out of cover while trying to hit their mark. With the SOS it's kinda out the window and I hope Epic sort it out before the retail release. Personally I would make it a power weapon and just have it on the maps, that way you won't get a whole team using the thing.

I pre ordered this from game a few days ago and haven't got a email, what gives?

I pre ordered this from game a few days ago and haven't got a email, what gives?

Are they still advertising they are giving out beta codes?

I was under the impression that it only applied for before the beta started. I could be wrong though...

Are they still advertising they are giving out beta codes?

I was under the impression that it only applied for before the beta started. I could be wrong though...

GAME tweeted this a few days back

"To all those who preordered GoW3 after the 18th April. You will only gain access to the BETA by preordering in store now."

They followed up with this

"All GoW3 codes have now been sent out to those eligable. If you believe you are eligable please contact customer services. 08453450335"

The sawn off isn't really that bad, actually. I've come to think it actually needs a bit of work done to improve it next to the Gnasher, which seems identical, except more precise and with the ability to fire 4 times the shots in the time it takes to reload the sawn off?

I'm not a shotgun user at all. But when I am, it's the Gnasher for me for precision. I love my (soon to be golden) retro lancer.

The SOS is definitely a bit of an odd one. On the one hand, it's really very powerful but it has it's fair share of disadvantages. That reload time alone is monstrous, and the range on the thing is basically a melee weapon. I've found that back-peddling with a retro and hip firing away usually downs anyone trying to dash in for a kill with one.

It still feels cheap though when you go in with a gnasher, get the first hit in and then end up getting insta-gibbed. It definitely doesn't feel right, not like the other weapons. The Hammerburst and the Retro really feel at home, by comparison.

Just unlocked Cole Train for retail, first of two. And only got 2 flame weapons left, hopefully Epic allow the pre-order parties to get the flaming Hammerburst.

Starting today, Gears of War 3 beta testers have an opportunity to earn a "buddy token" to share with a friend, granting them access to the beta as well.

Players will be given one token for each of the following tasks that are completed by Wednesday, May 4:

- Purchase any "Gears of War" content from Xbox Live Marketplace (including a "Gears of War" Game Add-on, a "Gears of War" Games on Demand title, or a "Gears of War" Avatar item)

- Play 20 or more hours of the "Gears of War 3" beta (any time already spent in the beta will count toward this challenge)

- Add a 12-month Xbox Live Gold subscription to your existing account (purchased from retail or online)

- Play more than 100 hours of any "Gears of War" title, lifetime to date

Buddy tokens will be e-mailed out starting May 8 when the "Never Fight Alone" phase of the beta is rolled out.

Anyone fancy sharing a beta code with me next week, please? :D

I will be playing this at various points on Thursday and Friday :yay: hopefully I can earn retail Cole train and gold retro lancer in that time.