NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

Wow, I'll buy a second one at that price.

Not really, but it is tempting.

So tempted to buy the 16GB at that price right now.

Contract up in October so was going to get a new phone then anyway and prob move over to giff gaff or something. Thought about waiting for Nexus 5. But what if it's expensive or I don't like it and then the Nexus 4 is all out of stock.... I will cry a bit.

WHAT TO DO?!?! >_<

Get a Nexus 4. The PPI of the screen is probably as good as the eye can reasonably detect... the new Nexus will no doubt have 4G connectivity but it'll be ages before 4G is really tempting (crappy tariffs). Do it!

Pretty good, I easily get through the day on it. Even with a lot of radio listening and web browsing.

I think the battery on the nexus 4 is decent. You'll get a good day out of it easy.

Get a Nexus 4. The PPI of the screen is probably as good as the eye can reasonably detect... the new Nexus will no doubt have 4G connectivity but it'll be ages before 4G is really tempting (crappy tariffs). Do it!

Three's network is starting later this year, and won't cost extra. But I don't expect it to have good coverage for a while, and I rarely need faster than HSPDA+ or whatever it's called.

True that. I even bought a 3 sim card about a month ago when the new tariff came about (unlimited data, tethering, quite a lot of minutes and texts) but the signal was crap compared to O2 here (giffgaff). Having a quick look at speed test scores for Three in London they seem to be pretty garbage... not sure how their 4G network will be but the phone signal was bad in the places I tested.

I reckon it'll be at least a couple of years until 4G is really good. Apparently networks are also ditching roaming, or plan to, next year, and Three has already done it partially in certain countries. So I could get a thirty day package with unlimited data and go to Italy and make use of it there. That's pretty damn sweet.

Edited by Sheikah

Really loving my new Nexus 7. The display is so crisp, and everything feels a lot smoother. Well worth getting!

Urgh shut up, now I'm contemplating a Nexus 4 :p

Like Platty I was considering waiting until the 5/4v2 but not sure if the price is going to be as good as the 4 originally was, plus as Sheikah said I can't really imagine what else I would want from a phone... Well actually I'd like to be able to pay for things with my phone but that seems to be a UK issue rather than a phone one at the moment (and Nationwide seem to be reluctant to go with the times, damn them).

I would do if. £159 is too good to pass up, and you won't be disappointed with it. ;)

Stop tempting me!

Should have known, they do say the devil is a woman in a red dress.

Well, now they're all gone.

Says dispatches by 10th September for me. I know they said the 8GB isn't coming back.

Anyway, Android 4.4 has been announced:

So Key Lime Pie wasn't the official name or did they just rename it?

New unlock screen should be tearing the foil down the middle.

Edited by Ike

I assume Nestle are getting a cut of this? :p

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23926938

Nope. No money involved.

So Key Lime Pie wasn't the official name or did they just rename it?

They've kept it a secret for the past two months, so they've been using the Key Lime Pie name internally (hence why it appeared in leaks).

It's actually nice to see an announcement not leak and be a complete surprise.

Hmm, so is the Nexus 4 not going to be sold anymore once this lot sells out? Just wondering because I think Jim should get one (his current, old phone is falling apart), but he doesn't seem to be too enthusiastic about it.

He doesn't like the look of it (I didn't at first either but now I like it) and he wants a phone with a great camera. Not sure many phones will have a better camera than the Nexus 4?

Nom nom nom, seems like kit kat are doing some promos on there items. Win tablets and Google play vouchers.

Hmm, so is the Nexus 4 not going to be sold anymore once this lot sells out? Just wondering because I think Jim should get one (his current, old phone is falling apart), but he doesn't seem to be too enthusiastic about it.

He doesn't like the look of it (I didn't at first either but now I like it) and he wants a phone with a great camera. Not sure many phones will have a better camera than the Nexus 4?

Probably won't be back in stock once it has gone. The 8GB has already sold out and they only have the 16GB left. This deal has over 10k degrees on Hot UK Deals, I wouldn't expect the phone to be in stock for much longer. As for the camera, I doubt phone cameras get much better.