NEurope
david.dakota

The Android Thread

Any good podcast apps recommendations? Currently just download the podcast with media Go on my PC and sync it to Google Music. Would be nice if it would sync with multiple devices and remember where you were.

Any good podcast apps recommendations? Currently just download the podcast with media Go on my PC and sync it to Google Music. Would be nice if it would sync with multiple devices and remember where you were.

Yeah, BeyondPod.

does anyone use emulators on their droid? i got an ipega gamepad and downloaded a few emulators but for the life of me cannot get any other game than LUnar working on the sgea CD rom

anyone else have issues?

Not used his Mega Drive one but this guy does good emulators. You gotta pay for that one but the SNES one is free on his site.

i'll see if that is any better, but i think i have enough games to be going with if i can't get it working, must be 50 now....attaching a gamepad to an android phone was a bad bad idea

Well if his SNES one is anything to go by, the compatibility is excellent. Plays a lot of games other emulators have trouble with no problem.

I had a brief search in this thread, and I can't get a decent answer from google...

Is there a semi-decent music app for andriod? I absolutely cannot stand the default player =/

I personally use Play Music and Spotiy. It may be worth trying DoubleTwist Player, Holo Music Player, WinampPoweramp Music Player.

What's wrong with the stock one?

I had a brief search in this thread, and I can't get a decent answer from google...

Is there a semi-decent music app for andriod? I absolutely cannot stand the default player =/

Is it different from Google Music?

I use Doubletwist, but i'm not sure how it differs from the stock one.

A good sign for Android gaming. Epic's Unreal engine tech demo Epic Citadel, is now available.

Also, the Nexus 4 looks like it's due to be in stock at any moment.

According to androidpolice.com The Nexus 4 should be on the UK Google Store at 3PM today.

And other places soon after:

UK: January 30th 15:00 (3pm) GMT (January 30th 7am PST)

France: January 30th 16:00 (4pm) CET (January 30th 7am PST)

Spain: January 30th 16:00 (4pm) CET (January 30th 7am PST)

Australia: January 31st 09:00 (9am) AEDT (Australian time zones are crazy confusing - there are at least 6 different ones, so feel free to calculate your own based on January 30th 2pm PST)

Gogogo etc. :)

A good sign for Android gaming. Epic's Unreal engine tech demo Epic Citadel, is now available.

I was surprised to find that that works ok on my Galaxy S2. Didn't expect it to.

Ordered the Bumper for mine. Missed the £5.99 shipping cost. :/

:o Phone is still available at 1-2 weeks, either no one wants them anymore or they are much better stocked.

Just ordered the Nexus 4. I'd been holding out for a new QWERTY slider to replace my HTC Desire Z but there doesn't look to be any new ones on the horizon. Which is a real shame.

I've only bought the 8GB one. I use my 32GB iPod Touch 4G for music and gaming so I only really need the room to fit recorded photos/videos, Skype, TuneIn Radio, Gmail and Google Drive/Dropbox.

Sigh, I miss the days when Ireland got lumped in with the UK for most stuff. Still not available here.

Ordered the Bumper for mine. Missed the £5.99 shipping cost. :/

:o Phone is still available at 1-2 weeks, either no one wants them anymore or they are much better stocked.

FYI I got my Nexus 4 today, so less than 2 days since I clicked buy. Decent delivery then, but it did cost £10 after all. :p

Yeah, delivery is quick once they actually have stock. :laughing: I got the shipping email in the morning and it arrived the same day when mine arrived.

It's still available in the UK! It sold out pretty quick in most countries.

I got shipping confirmation for my bumper at 7pm so might arrive tomorrow/Monday.

It's a really nice phone, so enjoy!

I got the £10 shipping (for Dannyboy) but still haven't got it. And working "lates" all week so won't even be able to pick it up when it gets sent to the post office. Poop.

My battery is being awful. Would it help if I buy a new one, or is the high draining going to be because of software?

My battery is being awful. Would it help if I buy a new one, or is the high draining going to be because of software?

What phone/tablet do you have?

Since moving to a Nexus 4 I no longer have a case with an in-built battery, which gave me much needed extra hours of use. Anyone know a decent battery solution (like a plug in charging dongle that you recharge each night)?

My Nexus 4 is out for delivery today, woop! Though I'll be sad to say goodbye to my good ol' HTC Desire Z.

Battery life has always been an issue with Android phones. Both of the Android phones I've had suffered from poor battery. Things that I do to try to combat it:

• Use Llama to automate my phone.
  • Disable Google Now. Almost as useless as Siri to me.
  • Disable Google Voice Dialler.
  • If I have Google Calendar installed from Google Play, disable the inbuilt Google Calendar.

Obviously there are other things which could be disabled but then what's the point of having a smartphone? :D

I've also been looking for external USB battery packs for times when I'm away from a power supply overnight. If anybody has any suggestions, I'd also like to know.

With the Nexus 4 I've taken zero battery precautions (WiFi always on, even when not in use, stuff like NFC on, full brightness, lots of apps that check for messages, automatic updates, etc) and I have no issues with the battery.

My Desire HD required charging at work to last a day.